Dunfermline vs Peterhead 14/01 15:00

11 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

On the subject of Todd, did anyone who isn’t the referee think he dived?  Seemed an incredible decision.

No. For what it’s worth, I didn’t think it was a penalty. But it also didn’t look like a dive. Really odd decision to book him for it. Think the referee needs to be re-trained. It’s possible for a player to go down, without it being either a foul or a dive. It’s a contact sport and it happens.

There was one run Mochrie went on, 3 Peterhead players tried to take him out, having a good kick at him. Referee ignored them all. Likewise, the number 10 lashing out at Benedictus off the ball - how was that not a straight red? The ball was nowhere near either player and he just seemed to just go for Benedictus in frustration. Ref saw it and booked him?

Couldn’t really see what happened at the disallowed goal, so don’t know if he got that right or not.

15 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Looked a dive on the stream tbf. 

Hmm, looked like there was clear contact to me,  I agree with @CallumParthat it wasn’t a pen,  Todd showed too much of the ball and was eased off it by the defender, that’s fair play by both.

I’m now intrigued to watch the highlights to check how it looked from that side but I can’t be sure it will be in it,  we tend to show every wild mishit shot from 30 yards but rarely other talking points like cards either given or not given.

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I recall saying in pre season that we’d need more centre midfielders as we’d win nothing with Chalmers, Todd & Allan as our CM’s.

Far from the only one! I said the same thing.

Todd has been brilliant this season. He did impress a few times at right back last season and I thought that would be his future, but he's been a revelation.

Chalmers has been solid after a shocker last season.

Allan needs to prove himself still. Hopefully he can do so soon.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

On the subject of Todd, did anyone who isn’t the referee think he dived?  Seemed an incredible decision.

I don't think Todd claimed for a penalty and from my POV there was contact so I'm not sure how the ref thought he was guilty of simulation.

34 minutes ago, 101 said:

I don't think Todd claimed for a penalty and from my POV there was contact so I'm not sure how the ref thought he was guilty of simulation.

He did claim but it was in hope far more than expectation.    I don't think that should make a difference anyway,  i've watched players make ridiculous dives, realise they've completely fucked it and not claim and also players clearly fouled and not claim.

Wouldn’t have said it was a dive and initial instinct was that it was more just a coming together. Seen softer penalties given, put it that way. Very harsh to book Todd when he was clearly falling after a coming together, rather than trying to con the ref. The spirit of Joe Cardle wasn’t present there. 

The "dive" didn't make the highlights but I'm not sure the handball was the correct decision but the exposure on the camera makes it hard to say for certain but having seen the ones not given in the premiership it's feels like we are hard done to get that against us.

Just watched the highlights. Brilliant finish from Wighton. Todd's was good too but the second angle shows that the keeper needs to be doing much better there.

Handball is difficult to tell from the footage. Didn’t matter anyway.

Get goal music to f**k by the way. Absolutely shite.