Divisional Round Weekend

lichtie23

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Guessing it might be because they were on an outside broadcast rather than in the studio?

Chucking out time at Shooters in Manchester. What a fabulous idea it was to broadcast from there.

Edited by pozbaird

I cancelled Sky Sports about 10 years ago because I couldn't stand any more Halling and Reynolds. I get Sky and the NFL want to have their own presentation teams in the UK to try and build some sort of brand identity here, but listening to the inane drivel and slew of 'who is the greatest ever QB?' viewer questions every single week just detracts from the experience. 

The best NFL coverage there has ever been in the UK was when ESPN had MNF, and we got the exact same feed the US got, just without a studio team. It was bliss not having to listen to totally dumbed-down garbage during every break in play.

4 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Guessing it might be because they were on an outside broadcast rather than in the studio?

Could well be but it would make you ask the question why they would even bother with that in the first place.

Only my opinion but it doesn’t really add anything to the show actually makes it even worse.

Just now, peasy23 said:

Agree with the commentary team, the only reason Maher had his kick blocked was because it was going miles left.

Called it before the replay, because it was rotating in a horizontal plane before it hit the hand of the blocker. Totally screwed off his foot.

Just now, TxRover said:

The Beagles (nickname for Eagles) play the winner of this match. The Bengals are playing KC.

Thought you meant bagels. Never heard of the beagles. I'm quite aware of the schedule. 

Thank you.

Just now, lichtie23 said:

Aye the pub idea was a failure IMO. 

Big failure. They even had someone from Sky holding up a card that read ‘Get Loud’ on one side. No doubt ‘Shhh’ on the other side to be held up when the panel were talking. Ach, this time they even taped over the sign behind Jeff’s napper that said ‘no drinks on the pool table’. The highlight of last night… certainly wasn’t one-legged Mahomes ripping the pish and throwing two hundred completed passes to Kelce.

3 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

I have no idea why Dallas didn't promote Vizcaino. I've never seen an NFL kicker have a dose of the yips like Maher and subsequently recover from it.

Cause he was missing half the kicks in practice. Plus Maher has a huge range…which is irrelevant on his current yips.