No home support Vs Rangers* 21/01/23

double deluxe

1 minute ago, StellarHibee said:

No better on viaplay. Lost count of the amount of times they've mentioned the "450 home fans", with no context as to why.

Ah that's not fair. Had a discussion pre match about it straight after Davidson's interview and Rory Hamilton mentioned the context behind it about 5 minutes ago.

Just now, BucksburnDandy said:

Ah that's not fair. Had a discussion pre match about it straight after Davidson's interview and Rory Hamilton mentioned the context behind it about 5 minutes ago.

Didn't have it on pre match and I've been zoning out of this mud field fight tbh.

6 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I can't help but think the club will still be financially better off now, than they would have been had it been £20, and definitely so if they had limited Rangers' allocation.

And there's the first goal.

Show us your sums, take into account the long term impact of gaslighting and alienating your main income revenue for years to come. 

13 minutes ago, Fife Saint said:

Show us your sums, take into account the long term impact of gaslighting and alienating your main income revenue for years to come. 

I'm only considering today's game. But:

7,500 x £30 = £225k

9,500 x £20 = £190k

We've just come through a pandemic. Aberdeen announced a huge loss this year, St. Mirren recently announced a loss too - and I'm well aware that their policy to reduce Old Firm numbers has paid off. 

I can understand why clubs would wish to milk the Old Firm fans for this game. Personally, I think St. Mirren's approach is the best one - they gave their fans a vote and then worked with them to ensure the club's finances weren't impacted by the decision to reduce Old Firm numbers. Fans have rallied and donated additional sums, turned up in greater numbers, bought tickets to be shared in the community, etc. It strikes me that St. Johnstone supporters simply demanded the club cut the price and the away allocation, i.e. take a financial hit. 

1 minute ago, G_&_T said:

We've just come through a pandemic. Aberdeen announced a huge loss this year, St. Mirren recently announced a loss too.

While we announced a record high turnover of £8m and over £5m in the bank.