Celtic v Morton (with added VAR)

AyrshireTon

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t actually, please share. 

is it my opinion that Celtic fans lack perspective when decisions go against them? 

No I’d even go along with you that some of them do. It was more the fact that we shouldn’t moan about contentious decisions because we have monumental advantages. Can’t see that catching on globally tbf.

9 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

No I’d even go along with you that some of them do. It was more the fact that we shouldn’t moan about contentious decisions because we have monumental advantages. Can’t see that catching on globally tbf.

So you’re saying that Celtic fans do lack perspective but you don’t expect them to find it anytime soon. Fair enough. 

1 minute ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

It’s the classic ‘no argument’ response. You’re wasting your time mate. There’s no educating either cheek of the old firm.

Sorry for calling you boring, mate. You’re very, very interesting. Better? 

2 hours ago, StellarHibee said:

In Scottish Football anyway. I watch a fair amount of football internationally (perfectly legally of course) and VAR is nothing like the clown show that it is here.

Absolutely!

Is there any other country in the world that would introduce it part way through a season?

Can it be explained why it is used at Parkhead today but not at for example St Mirren Park? 

Is it just because one was live on TV? 

17 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Absolutely!

Is there any other country in the world that would introduce it part way through a season?

Can it be explained why it is used at Parkhead today but not at for example St Mirren Park? 

Is it just because one was live on TV? 

That's the second biggest scandal after the decision itself.

1 hour ago, GiGi said:

It is a kick in the teeth to have been fucked over by VAR today when other games in the same round didn't have it in operation. That's not a level playing field for all teams at this round of the competition and is fundamentally unfair, even ignoring that shambles in this game.

Was it up to the clubs to have it? Seems strange some Prem teams didnt have it and other(s) did. 

I thought Morton started the game well,Bernabei isn't good enough Quitongo getting the better of him is a real concern.
The penalty decision is as bad as the Bernabei one,the refs have no common sense now,giving penalties when players have no clue where the ball is makes them look complicit.
The game was done at half time but the second half was very poor from Celtic,it's too easy to say taking McGregor and Kyogo off the tempo dropped Celtic should be doing better with the players that came on.
I'm not convinced by Haksabanovic either,Celtic didn't play well but we didn't need to.

Never expected much from the game but that VAR decision was a kick in the stones. We had very little of the ball after we fell behind and any time we cleared our lines it was falling to a Celtic player. Felt sorry for Robbie, playing alone up front and was clearly knackered in the second half. Hope Lewis Strapp's injury isn't a bad one.

Today made me really appreciate Cappielow all the more - I find the thought of sitting in a place like that every other week to be quite depressing.

Celtic's singing corner was a disgrace.