Dundee v Queen’s Park

19 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I thought the pressure was all on Dundee? For what it's worth I'm fairly relaxed about this as it doesn't define the season either way. Long way to go. 

It is, we're just not used to mixing i with the big boys ....... yet

40 minutes ago, Skeletar Spider said:

If we want to win the league, yes, of course there is. I worry if we lose tomorrow then we probably won't win it, but we would still have a two point lead. 

Oh I agree and you make a fair point. I just found it interesting as I don't get the impression your fellow fans think the same thing.

On 23/01/2023 at 14:46, an86 said:

Dundee are expected to win the league. We’re not. Every single bit of pressure is on them. Hopefully we can go out and play with the freedom we have been in recent times. We’re certainly capable of getting a result, but goes without saying that it’ll be an incredibly difficult game.

20 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Oh I agree and you make a fair point. I just found it interesting as I don't get the impression your fellow fans think the same thing.

It’s not essential for the well-being of our club to be promoted this season. We also don’t have several thousand expectant fans in a league without too many equivalent competitors. We don’t need a result tomorrow and the bookies don’t expect us to get one either.

We’re just enjoying some unexpected mayhem. If it continues, then great. Most would have settled for dull mid-table before a ball was kicked. 

2 hours ago, an86 said:

It’s not essential for the well-being of our club to be promoted this season. We also don’t have several thousand expectant fans in a league without too many equivalent competitors. We don’t need a result tomorrow and the bookies don’t expect us to get one either.

We’re just enjoying some unexpected mayhem. If it continues, then great. Most would have settled for dull mid-table before a ball was kicked. 

You seem to be fighting against your own apprehension with every fibre of your being. There is 100% pressure on Queens Park, top of the league with a gap opened, the media are starting to catch on that you are top and playing well therefore they are expecting things. 

You and your teams manager may say things that suggest the players should go an play with a sense of freedom but in reality we all know that is bollocks because the narrative of Queens Park has now changed. Akin to Arbroath the narrative started to change and they crumbled under the expectation and speculation. 

You lot are better than Arbroath as well...

Edited by Pens_Dark

14 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

You seem to be fighting against your own apprehension with every fibre of your being. There is 100% pressure on Queens Park, top of the league with a gap opened, the media are starting to catch on that you are top and playing well therefore they are expecting things. 

You and your teams manager may say things that suggest the players should go an play with a sense of freedom but in reality we all know that is bollocks because the narrative of Queens Park has now changed. Akin to Arbroath the narrative started to change and they crumbled under the expectation and speculation. 

You lot are better than Arbroath as well...

I’m in no way apprehensive, although that’ll change to natural levels tomorrow at 3pm. If I thought we were favourites to win the league, I’d be apprehensive. In my heart of hearts, I don’t expect that to happen. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s just my feeling. 

If we’re still top going into the start of April, my bowel status may change. Currently stable, though. Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight. Sounding rattled imo.

Just now, an86 said:

I’m in no way apprehensive, although that’ll change to natural levels tomorrow at 3pm. If I thought we were favourites to win the league, I’d be apprehensive. In my heart of hearts, I don’t expect that to happen. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s just my feeling. 

If we’re still top going into the start of April, my bowel status may change. Currently stable, though. Hope you manage to get some sleep tonight. Sounding rattled imo.

I'm expecting us to win tomorrow and will be raging if we don't; One of us, at least, is happy to admit that. 

2 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

I'm expecting us to win tomorrow and will be raging if we don't; One of us, at least, is happy to admit that. 

I’m approaching it in the same way I’ve approached the overwhelming majority of games this season. We could either dish out a pumping or receive one. There’s no outcome that would surprise me tomorrow. Either way, we’re leaving Dens Park top of the league.  

Just now, an86 said:

I’m approaching it in the same way I’ve approached the overwhelming majority of games this season. We could either dish out a pumping or receive one. There’s no outcome that would surprise me tomorrow. Either way, we’re leaving Dens Park top of the league.  

Indeed. No pressure though eh?

Gary Bowyer in the Courier saying that Queen's Park are favourite for the league.

Goes on to say if they don't scoosh it by at least 20 points then they don't deserve to even get the credit Gretna got.

One of those two sentences are a lie.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Gary Bowyer in the Courier saying that Queen's Park are favourite for the league.

Goes on to say if they don't scoosh it by at least 20 points then they don't deserve to even get the credit Gretna got.

One of those two sentences are a lie.

Bowyer getting the excuses out early