The P45 showdown. Hibs v Aberdeen.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64425254

I have absolutely shouted for a manager to lose their job but I am a football fan and I was sick of the results but when the media do it…………………….that is just wrong!

It may very well be that one of the managers will lose their job but it is also true that they will have to go home and tell their wife, kids etc that they just lost their job.

So whoever gets the sack…………they probably deserved it but honestly I have no idea why anyone would put themselves through this in the first place.

2 hours ago, Torfason said:

I have absolutely shouted for a manager to lose their job but I am a football fan and I was sick of the results but when the media do it…………………….that is just wrong!

I don't think that article is really doing that is it? 

It's just outlining that two clubs managed by very precariously perched bosses are clashing today and it's therefore interesting.

Anyway, fair play to the Football Monitoring Board.  They could easily have wrecked the 'P45 Showdown' nature of this match, but to their immense credit, were not prepared to do such an awful thing.

3 hours ago, Torfason said:

It may very well be that one of the managers will lose their job but it is also true that they will have to go home and tell their wife, kids etc that they just lost their job.

So whoever gets the sack…………they probably deserved it but honestly I have no idea why anyone would put themselves through this in the first place.

I think Tom English is a rugby loving windbag, but I dont think there is anything inaccurate in that report.

In the case of Johnson, while errors have been made at the club that are not his fault - some of the players recruited, the lineups and tactical errors have been his to own. I should also say that he treated the LC group stages as some kind of pre season friendlies.

While I sympathise with anyone losing their job, thats not a reason to retain them if they cant perform the role correctly*.

*See also Ian Gordon

The only thing about the article I don’t like is at the start where there’s a bit of an implication (maybe my interpretation) that the fact hibs and Aberdeen are garbage at football discredits the idea put forward by cormack and Gordon that Scottish football is stuck in the dark ages. 

Not to say I agree with everything they want to do but there’s an element of ‘get this progress rubbish in the bin until Aberdeen win some games!’ About it. 

27 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The only thing about the article I don’t like is at the start where there’s a bit of an implication (maybe my interpretation) that the fact hibs and Aberdeen are garbage at football discredits the idea put forward by cormack and Gordon that Scottish football is stuck in the dark ages. 

Not to say I agree with everything they want to do but there’s an element of ‘get this progress rubbish in the bin until Aberdeen win some games!’ About it. 

The idea of the blame game, the point the finger looking for the fall guy or the six million dollar man is nonsense,once he is gone everything will be better.
You can't measure the expectations of the fan base because every individual fan has his own expectations.
The attack on McCormark and Gordon is simplistic get your own house in order before questioning others.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

11 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The idea of the blame game, the point the finger looking for the fall guy or the six million dollar man is nonsense,once he is gone everything will be better.
You can't measure the expectations of the fan base because every individual fan has his own expectations.
The attack on McCormark and Gordon is simplistic get your own house in order before questioning others.

Thanks, as always, Willy. 

14 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Lee Majors to sort things out?