Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

After all this fucking about it’ll be Robson 😆

Which is short-sighted & not the answer IMHO

It's not the answer. If it is Robson then the clubs board have dug their own graves. I like Barry Robson and a couple of years being assistant to an experienced manager and i'd probably be happy having him as manager. But right now is not the time for another rookie. 

3 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

It's not the answer. If it is Robson then the clubs board have dug their own graves. I like Barry Robson and a couple of years being assistant to an experienced manager and i'd probably be happy having him as manager. But right now is not the time for another rookie. 

Completely agree.

I have nothing at all against him, but we need an experienced manager in.

IF Robson was happy to be that man’s assistant I’d be happy with that.

But:

1) I think Robson feels it’s time for him to be a manager, so I don’t think he’s be happy being an assistant to someone coming in

2) A manager tends to want his own staff & not have an assistant foisted on him.

26 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Completely agree.

I have nothing at all against him, but we need an experienced manager in.

IF Robson was happy to be that man’s assistant I’d be happy with that.

But:

1) I think Robson feels it’s time for him to be a manager, so I don’t think he’s be happy being an assistant to someone coming in

2) A manager tends to want his own staff & not have an assistant foisted on him.

I think it depends on who it is that comes in. If it was somebody like Rodriguez I can't see him having his own backroom as he's literally managed all over the world. I think he'd be happy having some local knowledge. And his record suggests he'd be here 18 months to 2 years max. The problem being we don't actually know who has been interviewed for the job so it's near impossible to speculate. 

56 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

I think it depends on who it is that comes in. If it was somebody like Rodriguez I can't see him having his own backroom as he's literally managed all over the world. I think he'd be happy having some local knowledge. And his record suggests he'd be here 18 months to 2 years max. The problem being we don't actually know who has been interviewed for the job so it's near impossible to speculate. 

I know the club (rightly) said they’d take their time.

But after 7 weeks you’d assume they’d identified someone.

I suspect they thought Wilder might’ve been the man, but Watford moving in put us back to square one.  
Guesswork obviously.

Rodriguez would be a gamble (an exciting one), but having an assistant who knows the club, players & Scottish football (Robson), I’d be happy with that. Robson isn’t right for manager just now though IMO. 

I’m getting bored of it now though.

I’d be very underwhelmed if Robson was appointed after 7 weeks of waiting. 

10 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I know the club (rightly) said they’d take their time.

But after 7 weeks you’d assume they’d identified someone.

I suspect they thought Wilder might’ve been the man, but Watford moving in put us back to square one.  
Guesswork obviously.

Rodriguez would be a gamble (an exciting one), but having an assistant who knows the club, players & Scottish football (Robson), I’d be happy with that. Robson isn’t right for manager just now though IMO. 

I’m getting bored of it now though.

I’d be very underwhelmed if Robson was appointed after 7 weeks of waiting. 

It's getting pretty tedious. And it's only going to generate a shitload of ill-feeling towards the club after Cormack's theatrics on the BBC saying he's determined to get it right only then to appoint another rookie. 

Rodriguez is the most interesting one for me. For the names that have been linked (very few i know) he's the one that seems to fit the "strateegee". 

I do tgink we put all of our eggs in the Wilder basket and now we're flapping about like a goldfish in a leaky bag because we've no back up. 

7 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

It's getting pretty tedious. And it's only going to generate a shitload of ill-feeling towards the club after Cormack's theatrics on the BBC saying he's determined to get it right only then to appoint another rookie. 

Rodriguez is the most interesting one for me. For the names that have been linked (very few i know) he's the one that seems to fit the "strateegee". 

I do tgink we put all of our eggs in the Wilder basket and now we're flapping about like a goldfish in a leaky bag because we've no back up. 

Aye, agree.

Here’s hoping they’re not that daft.

My guess is they will though. 

1 minute ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Aye, agree.

Here’s hoping they’re not that daft.

My guess is they will though. 

It wouldn't shock me. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. Should we end up losing i think that should spell the end of Robson being mentioned. Because let's be fair, we laboured to a win agains Livingston and we beat Motherwell and Dundee United when both were bottom of the league. This is Robson's first big test. 

5 minutes ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

It wouldn't shock me. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens on Saturday. Should we end up losing i think that should spell the end of Robson being mentioned. Because let's be fair, we laboured to a win agains Livingston and we beat Motherwell and Dundee United when both were bottom of the league. This is Robson's first big test. 

It’s weird. 
The two defeats you can kind of disregard. 
St Mirren we played 90 minutes of 97 with 10 men. 
The other was away to the ****

The flip side is the wins.  
Motherwell were absolute rock bottom. 
Livi we weren’t great. The football was poor. 
Dundee Utd could’ve gone either way I felt.

It’s just not the time for us to be appointing a novice.