Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 hours ago, capt_oats said:

I mean, Cormack having heart surgery and Burrows only just in the door as chief executive seems like a more plausible explanation as to why they're taking their time but each to their own.

Exactly that. 

The recruitment process has only really been going for 2 weeks. It's quite telling that when the news came out about Cormack having heart surgery there was a big emphasis on them saying Alan Burrows would be involved in the selection process. Almost as if the club don't trust Gunn to pick the man who will be working under him....

20 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I don’t think there is any chance of Clarke walking away from Scotland to take the Aberdeen job. If he was sacked and an opportunity came up then maybe but he only took our job because his own stock was pretty low at that stage and because there was a personal connection.

Even though it wouldn’t benefit my club I have been secretly harbouring hopes that SSC might end up at Aberdeen or Hearts one day as, unlike a couple of others, I think he could win the league if given 5 seasons with either of those clubs (assuming some sort of financial backing).

I think that would be wishful thinking. No matter how good a manager he is and no matter how bad the managerial appointments of Celtic or Rangers, I just can’t see him being able to overcome that level of financial gulf. It would take stars aligning to an extreme degree.

23 minutes ago, O_Kahn said:

Aside from the fact it's not going to be be Steve Clarke, I'm not sure I want another manager who will  be commuting up and down the road every second week to see close family.  Aren't Clarke's family based down near Birmingham?

London I’m sure 

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think that would be wishful thinking. No matter how good a manager he is and no matter how bad the managerial appointments of Celtic or Rangers, I just can’t see him being able to overcome that level of financial gulf. It would take stars aligning to an extreme degree.

I suppose to overtake both would be tough but he’s literally the only manager with a connection to Scottish football who I could imagine doing it.

1 hour ago, DunbartonshireRed said:

Exactly that. 

The recruitment process has only really been going for 2 weeks. It's quite telling that when the news came out about Cormack having heart surgery there was a big emphasis on them saying Alan Burrows would be involved in the selection process. Almost as if the club don't trust Gunn to pick the man who will be working under him....

Which I find incredible given Gunn is director of football yet needs help from elsewhere to make decisions 

15 hours ago, AJF said:

Yep - it doesn't matter how good a manager you get nowadays, it's al about money. it'd take huge amounts of luck on all sides for Aberdeen or Hearts, say, even to run the OF close.

Leicester didn't win the League down south because Ranieri was some tactical mastermind with an almost supernatural ability to forge the greatest of all silk purses from a collection of sow's ear journeymen. They got incredibly, almost unbelievably lucky, in that two or three (admittedly very good) players they got for a (relative) bargain happened to all play incredibly well at the same time, in a season in which literally all the big clubs were undergoing painful transitions of one kind or other.  

All that said, I'd love to see Steve Clarke at Tynecastle to give it a go (though there is a feeling amongst certain of my fellow Jambos of my acquaintance that he's more of a HIbs man, for some reason*).

* That reason primarily being that he capped Paul fucking McGinn, FFS.

9 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

The last appointment was a complete disaster, so why not try something very similar?  

12 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

“They need to hire someone who can get results”

Insightful.