Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not that this means too much but Wilder is now 1/2 on with Bet Victor.

I can’t make up my mind if he’d be a good appointment or not. 
You’d think someone who progressed up the ranks having done well in the lower leagues of England, , to the point of taking a Championship standard team to finish 9th in the EPL, would be a great appointment for us.

But I still have nagging doubts. 
And I can’t put my finger on why. 

15 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Your mob are a Tim retirement home. 

The irony :lol: even your caretaker manager came up after his Celtic career.  

Scott Brown, Willo Flood,Robson,McGinn, Hayes to name a few.  Sure there's plenty more also. 

43 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

The irony :lol: even your caretaker manager came up after his Celtic career.  

Scott Brown, Willo Flood,Robson,McGinn, Hayes to name a few.  Sure there's plenty more also. 

Niall McGinn came to us for one last payday at the ripe old age of 24.

2 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

I always thought his interest was lukewarm, knowing the mad world of the English Championship would turn up a job sooner or later.

It’s a pretty depressing list of leftovers now though.

If he actually had been a serious contender then you’d imagine anything would have happened a few weeks ago when he was first rumoured to have turned us down. Not sure why it all resurfaced.

I still don’t think there’s a rush, I’d be happy with Robson until the end of the season.

Edited by AngusTheBull

59 minutes ago, AngusTheBull said:

If he actually had been a serious contender then you’d imagine anything would have happened a few weeks ago when he was first rumoured to have turned us down. Not sure why it all resurfaced.

I still don’t think there’s a rush, I’d be happy with Robson until the end of the season.

Appointing someone at the end of the season (which thankfully Burrows has all but ruled out) just means we’re behind on our summer recruitment and the new man doesn’t get the chance to run the rule over his players.

I’m pretty amazed how few solid-ish rumours have come out given it’s been more than a month. 

9 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Appointing someone at the end of the season (which thankfully Burrows has all but ruled out) just means we’re behind on our summer recruitment and the new man doesn’t get the chance to run the rule over his players.

I’m pretty amazed how few solid-ish rumours have come out given it’s been more than a month. 

I suspect we thought we were getting Wilder?

I'm in no hurry to end this Robson/Agnew thing, and would certainly like to see how they do in the pre-split matches.

The only name from those banded about that would change my view on that would be Steve Clarke.