Aberdeen's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Aberdeen's next permanent manager?  

306 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Dunty said:

Barry Robson in charge until after the Scotland qualifiers, then Steve Clarke installed, is the latest rumour.

We've had a manager that left to become Scotland boss in Ally McLeod

We've had a manager that did both Scotland and Aberdeen roles at the same time in Alex Ferguson.

We've had a manager that was a former Scotland manger in Craig Brown.

But, alas, Steve Clarke will not become the first Aberdeen manager to leave the Scotland job for us.

So, if that really is the rumour, then I wouldn't waste too much time giving it much thought.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s obviously not going to be Steve clarke. 

When you see what he achieved with Killies budget,  with Aberdeens budget he could maybe go beyond that. 

Maybe the challenge of taking on the old firm could appeal to him.

Steve Clarke would be magnificent. The way he went about the killie job was very impressive. His attitude to the big 2 clubs was tremendous, cut their allocation and show some balls. 
De Bruyne would also be magnificent in midfield if we are playing this fantasy game. Ivan Toney upfront and Chiellini at the back for 1 last season and the league is done.

20 minutes ago, bennett said:

When you see what he achieved with Killies budget,  with Aberdeens budget he could maybe go beyond that. 

Maybe the challenge of taking on the old firm could appeal to him.

What is going beyond that? A higher points total or maybe a cup? But it isn’t finishing 1st or 2nd. 

10 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

What is going beyond that? A higher points total or maybe a cup? But it isn’t finishing 1st or 2nd. 

That will require some thoughts,  be back later.

I don’t think there is any chance of Clarke walking away from Scotland to take the Aberdeen job. If he was sacked and an opportunity came up then maybe but he only took our job because his own stock was pretty low at that stage and because there was a personal connection.

Even though it wouldn’t benefit my club I have been secretly harbouring hopes that SSC might end up at Aberdeen or Hearts one day as, unlike a couple of others, I think he could win the league if given 5 seasons with either of those clubs (assuming some sort of financial backing).

On 09/03/2023 at 12:32, 1GregStewart said:

Would love Steve Clarke, but it’s not going to happen. 
Feel the new man needs to get in relatively soon though , ideally this month. 

Aside from the fact it's not going to be be Steve Clarke, I'm not sure I want another manager who will  be commuting up and down the road every second week to see close family.  Aren't Clarke's family based down near Birmingham?