SUPERBOWL LVII

lichtie23

Mrs.F_P & I all prepared to watch SB last night and literally 30 seconds before kick-off, power cut.  Only just been fixed.

Even though she's a dyed-in-the-wool Bengalite, she's also a wee bit of a Mahomes fanboy. Just sent a text saying not to tell her the result .

Harrumph.........

Don’t have a problem myself with the actual Lombardi trophy. Ashamed, as I’m a golfer, but can’t remember at present - what’s the golf major with a trophy so big no kunt can hardly lift it? It looks dumb and appears to weigh two tons (just like your average American citizen then)… it’s either the US Open or US PGA trophy. It gets my vote.

Edited by pozbaird

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Don’t have a problem myself with the actual Lombardi trophy. Ashamed, as I’m a golfer, but can’t remember at present - what’s the golf major with a trophy so big no kunt can hardly lift it? It looks dumb and appears to weigh two tons (just like your average American citizen then)… it’s either the US Open or US PGA trophy. It gets my vote.

It's the Wanamaker Trophy for the USPGA. It weighs over 2 stones iirc.

3 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

It's the Wanamaker Trophy for the USPGA. It weighs over 2 stones iirc.

That’s the one. Think the best looking trophies are the World Cup, the Wimbledon Ladies singles shield, and the Claret Jug… at the risk of thread drift.

My Superbowl verdict- great game with a huge anti climax in the last 2 mins. The refs had barely called a penalty all night, they shouldn't be calling a soft penalty like that which effectively decided the Superbowl! 

Travis Kelce is a monumental cock! To hit out with the no one believed in us but us patter is fucking pathetic. Your the number one seeds, been on of the bookies favourites all year, possibly best QB to play the game, legendary head coach and he is probably on the best TE, but aye no one thought you could win it! Dick!