The Caley 🔵🔴 🦅 v Greenock Morton 🚣‍♂️ 🪨

49 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Hardly a post all week from Morton fans and then they scrape a draw and then they start to post, appears that was a big result for them today. 

Massive result. Absolutely delighted to escape with a point against the pound shop Ross County sitting a point above us with an extra game played.

4 minutes ago, virginton said:

We'll just wait for the next three points that you cough up at Cappielow in the final round of fixtures, shortly before your club slides into the financial abyss.

IMG-20220313-WA0007.jpg.1358f3462ffdd4f170519b480b520fca.jpg

Hate to break the news to you but Morton are one of the four clubs in the Championship along with ourselves that are showing great signs of financial distress.  So I'm a bit baffled as to why you're acting smug about that because it's highly likely if we're heading into "financial abyss" then Morton won't be far behind....  

11 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Hate to break the news to you but Morton are one of the four clubs in the Championship along with ourselves that are showing great signs of financial distress.  So I'm a bit baffled as to why you're acting smug about that because it's highly likely if we're heading into "financial abyss" then Morton won't be far behind....  

Hardly a surprise that the breaking news in Teuchterdom is hopelessly out of date: you only heard about Dundee's Scottish Cup win last week after all. 

Morton are a debt-free, fan-owned football club, with a substantial financial boost from external sponsors. I hope that we use that wisely rather than spunking it on utter shite, but financial distress is not a current concern. 

Inverness by contrast have been haemorrhaging the best part of half a million pounds per year at this level, couldn't justify opening more than one stand earlier this week and have Scott 'Titanic' Gardiner running the ship. 

We can afford to take a point today to see you out the door in the near future then. 

5a3071fcb1526_efecig.png.4623aab61af0f7be0e9c950f7cb25a05.png.4926386a451e03132b6430417307eb2f.png.af6f023ba061bd735019e0c0bc373194.png

Edited by vikingTON

45 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

What's past is past, the problem we have is if we can only draw against a team that was beaten by Arbroath and Hamilton in January then we can kiss goodbye to any idea of play offs.

That’ll be the same Hamilton that’s beaten yous TWICE this season 

stick to cleaning the dishes Sandra you know nothing about football 

11 minutes ago, virginton said:

Inverness by contrast have been haemorrhaging the best part of half a million pounds per year at this level, couldn't justify opening more than one stand earlier this week and have Scott 'Titanic' Gardiner running the ship.

Our successful Scottish Cup run will bridge that hole in the funds. How are Morton doing preparing for their 5th round tie?

Will say using Scot Gardiner as a point scoring exercise is a low blow as no club ask for or deserve that man's involvement and certainly not any Caley fans.

5 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Our successful Scottish Cup run will bridge that hole in the funds. How are Morton doing preparing for their 5th round tie?

Will say using Scot Gardiner as a point scoring exercise is a low blow as no club ask for or deserve that man's involvement and certainly not any Caley fans.

We've just trousered around a quarter of a million quid from the last round, so we can put the feet up and concentrate on the league while you get a fraction of that for going out in the next round. 

Nice try though. 😁

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

It's not a point-scoring exercise. It's a fact-based analysis of your club's sorry predicament.

But at least you got the moral victory today of witnessing an away team being happy with a point in the Scottish Championship. 

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

That’ll be the same Hamilton that’s beaten yous TWICE this season 

stick to cleaning the dishes Sandra you know nothing about football 

2 wins having played us once? fair play to them 👏🏻

Just now, Cowshed said:

Let’s retrace your memory they beat you in the league 1-0 and in the challenge cup 2-0 that’ll be twice they’ve played you yeah ?

No, unfortunately they competed against our under 18s not the first team. Irrelevant match, irrelevant competition. 

Just now, Cowshed said:

So they’ve played you TWICE thought so case closed good bye 👋 

Imagine considering the challenge cup as relevant. The Caley would never.

16 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Imagine considering the challenge cup as relevant. The Caley would never.

No match is irrelevant if your a true fan & love your club terrible attitude from a so called fan give yourself a shake 

Edited by Cowshed

2 hours ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Aye being debt free,  handing out contract extensions to key players, signing 2 players in the last week and still looking for more and buying up land to put plans in place for another match day hospitality experience does suggest severe financial troubles.

8 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Rot stopped.

And we won’t have to listen to Sandy sleverin for a good few weeks.

Good outcome all round.

Whereas I don't accept your premise that my good friend Sandy is anything but a force for good, it does make me wonder which prominent colleague contributor you might have to put up with week in week out.

Anyway, a word for the quite magnificent contribution from Ethan Cairns and the beyond his years expert finish that I was privileged to witness today.

Kudos to him and to the decision to allow him the opportunity 

Thought Caley were very poor today, barring a 20 minute spell at the start of the second half. We are rotten and going absolutely nowhere under Billy Dodds. Without Sir Billy Mckay, I dread to think where we’d be.

Morton didn’t impress me much either though. Two poor teams. Farcical either of us is anywhere near the playoffs 

9 hours ago, scottbamby said:

Thought Caley were very poor today, barring a 20 minute spell at the start of the second half. We are rotten and going absolutely nowhere under Billy Dodds. Without Sir Billy Mckay, I dread to think where we’d be.

Morton didn’t impress me much either though. Two poor teams. Farcical either of us is anywhere near the playoffs 

We might be without Billy McKay next season as its possible we might not be able to afford his wages. He looks like he might still have a couple of seasons in him before falling of the cliff, be a shame if he played these couple of years at Dundee or Dunfermline and bang in the goals for them instead of us.