Saints v Hibs

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I don't think Main knew when the ball landed to him that Marshall was in no man's land. Think if he'd looked up and seen that, it would have been a case of hitting it low, hard and straight. Instead he shot like he was trying to curl it away from the goalie.

Massive chance and would have come 5 minutes before the break, a brilliant time.

Yeah, a wee trundler like Kiltie's v the ovine obsessive would have given us the lead.

Well done on the heider.

8 hours ago, Hendo said:

He wasnt the worst, but his insistence that every throw in was taken at the exact blade of grass where the ball went out was doing my head in.

I know it seems petty, but players taking the piss on that really rips my knitting.

Doesnt need to be exact, but there are players (our very own Lewis Stevenson is a master) who take 5-10 yards every single time.

Its a minor issue in the scheme of things, but I have seen us with a throw near the corner, and Lewis ends up nearer the halfway line when he launches the ball !

16 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Best moment of quality so far was my stunning header back onto the pitch.

Not enough of that performed these days at Saints games. Well done 👍 

One wise guy behind me shouted out to you “couldn’t exactly miss that big heid anyway!”

10 hours ago, Dagdagh said:

That pretty much sums it up.  Did think we missed Erahon today though.  I know selling him was probably the right call but in a game like today he could have been the difference.

Not so much missing Erhahon, but missing a player that offers a similar type of play.

We need Gogic back in midfield.

However until Gallagher or Captain Joe get match fit, that isn't going to happen.

Edited by FTOF

Not read other comments yet, but I guess most will read the game the same way I did. Both sides had chances, both sides had spells of possession, both sides have decent players. It was the weather that was the deciding factor as, imo, that game would have played out differently in clam conditions.

Can't complain at the winner, while we had several chances to score too.

Hibs have to be chuffed to bits with this result, not only does it take them back into the top 6, it papers over the cracks of some poor performances which has seen them draw, or just squeak by, the clubs at the bottom of the league, and when added to the Aberdeen victory it starts to look like very decent form for them. Don't feel there is anything to fear from them though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish above them this season - after all we were only a point behind them last season.

Disappointing to lose the unbeaten home record, even if large chunks of that were draws rather than victories, it's still never fun to lose at home.

All in all, a dreadful day for football that resulted in the sort of game you expect in the conditions. Hibs took their chances, we didn't, but there is very little between the sides.

Edited by Ric

12 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I'd be wanting a red card if that Campbell foul was on a Hibs player.

VAR has been utter guff so far. 

Just watched the highlights. It was a pretty reckless tackle that could have gone either way, depending which diddy was on VAR. No surprise it was Gollum. That wee arsehole wouldn't give us the steam off his shite.

It looked worse than the one that Edwards of Dundee United was sent off for, which I don't think was a sending off.

Fraser dives in for your goal and makes it easier for Youann. If he'd stood his ground and delayed Youann's movement, he might not have had such a clear sight on goal.

Possibly the fact that Fraser was already on a yellow, due to a daft foul earlier on, might have played on his mind.

Edited by FTOF

12 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Seen a replay of it now, I think Watt makes the most of it to be fair. Its high and a bit naughty, if he went in with anymore force aye possibly. More a scrape than a stamp motion. Seen reds given for it this season. If the ref gave a red I don't think VAR would have asked him over to review it, such is the stupidity of it all.

11 hours ago, Hendo said:

He wasnt the worst, but his insistence that every throw in was taken at the exact blade of grass where the ball went out was doing my head in.

To be fair Dunne got away with that a lot in the first half, must have stole about 100 yards in total 😂. Nearly ended up near the halfway line at one point and the initial point of the throw in was nowhere near it.

Awful match, horrible weather at Jon Obika Stadium but delighted to get the 3 points with the Hibs support noisy and brilliant. 

Superb pies at St Mirren according to my hungry pals who were trying the all the varieties . "This is fuckin superb. A million miles better from some of the the dugshite they serve up at other grounds".😆

3 hours ago, Ric said:

Hibs have to be chuffed to bits with this result, not only does it take them back into the top 6, it papers over the cracks of some poor performances which has seen them draw, or just squeak by, the clubs at the bottom of the league, and when added to the Aberdeen victory it starts to look like very decent form for them. Don't feel there is anything to fear from them though, and I wouldn't be surprised to see us finish above them this season - after all we were only a point behind them last season.

Cry.

Not sure how you get confidence of finishing above us due to “only” finishing a point behind one of our worst teams in memory last season, and still being below us now when you’re having one of your best seasons. But fair play. 

16 hours ago, Crawford Bridge said:

Collum VAR official.  

This was the guy, in pre-VAR days, when as 4th official he told a ref to order off a Saints player for a tackle the ref didn’t even think was a foul.

I know all clubs have their own Collum complaints, but he has a very long history of making calls against us.  

6 hours ago, Ric said:

Hibs have to be chuffed to bits with this result, not only does it take them back into the top 6, it papers over the cracks of some poor performances which has seen them draw, or just squeak by, the clubs at the bottom of the league, and when added to the Aberdeen victory it starts to look like very decent form for them.

Wee Lee now safe as houses. 4U0m6pP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

4 hours ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Cry.

Not sure how you get confidence of finishing above us due to “only” finishing a point behind one of our worst teams in memory last season, and still being below us now when you’re having one of your best seasons. But fair play. 

All the other St Mirren fans seem decent guys who are able to give a decent assessment of the match.

The ignore function is your friend.

3 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Collum VAR official.  

This was the guy, in pre-VAR days, when as 4th official he told a ref to order off a Saints player for a tackle the ref didn’t even think was a foul.

I know all clubs have their own Collum complaints, but he has a very long history of making calls against us.  

Collum was the only person in the ground at Love St who could not see that the take out of Dargo by Boruc was a red card. 

06011A25-A3E3-440C-9A77-1E2F2DBE48BA.jpeg.93e8ab10abf4a3ced1244a6bb93652a6.jpegCDACD7D6-2E1B-432C-893C-1C00ADAB35CA.jpeg.3cdd68f1f4c81a4ef849b15dfd6f2ba9.jpeg

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

All the other St Mirren fans seem decent guys who are able to give a decent assessment of the match.

The ignore function is your friend.

Not sure why my comment would not be considered "decent assessment", considering all I said was it was an even game, which it was, and that there is a chance we could finish above you, which we could.

Neither of those are in any way controversial opinions, yet someone clearly found it beyond the pale for them. That's an issue for them, not me.

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Wee Lee now safe as houses. 4U0m6pP_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

Seemingly so, it looked a bit of a shoogly peg there, the win against Aberdeen must have been a huge boost, and to take points from us when we've got a very decent home record, especially when the game was pretty even, will only help his/their confidence.

All in all, a very good weekend for them, less so for us.

44 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Collum was the only person in the ground at Love St who could not see that the take out of Dargo by Boruc was a red card. 

06011A25-A3E3-440C-9A77-1E2F2DBE48BA.jpeg.93e8ab10abf4a3ced1244a6bb93652a6.jpegCDACD7D6-2E1B-432C-893C-1C00ADAB35CA.jpeg.3cdd68f1f4c81a4ef849b15dfd6f2ba9.jpeg

That’s my first memory of Collum.  

Dangerous tackle, and prevented a clear goal scoring opportunity - yellow card.  

31 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

That’s my first memory of Collum.  

Dangerous tackle, and prevented a clear goal scoring opportunity - yellow card.  

Could have been worse. If Eddie Smith had been referee it would have been a free kick to his beloved Celtic and Dargo booked for diving.