The Worst Thing in the World

The Worst Thing in the World  

61 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And while I’m on the subject of brown things which don’t taste nice. Lindt chocolate. Lindt fucking chocolate. The biggest con known to man. Pretends to be Swiss but tastes no better than Hershey’s. 

Brown rice and Lindt. What an absolute bollocks. 

It used to be Leuchars when airshow day coincided with an East Fife home game. 

Whether you drove, took the train or bussed it from Dundee, you were guaranteed to be inconvenienced by these utter muppets. 

Thankfully they shut the base down a couple of decades ago. 

8 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

It used to be Leuchars when airshow day coincided with an East Fife home game. 

Whether you drove, took the train or bussed it from Dundee, you were guaranteed to be inconvenienced by these utter muppets. 

Thankfully they shut the base down a couple of decades ago. 

To be fair, they played there all year around and not just the one day a year

On 07/02/2023 at 21:06, Alert Mongoose said:

Why are Duran Duran not on the list?

On 07/02/2023 at 21:11, Florentine_Pogen said:

Because 'Wild Boys' and the accompanying Russell Mulcahy video. Thank you.

Can I also add never a fan of Duran Duran, but a few years ago I  took a now ex to a concert of theirs as a present and was the usual expected noise I let wash over me ( Manchester Arena lets you buy full size plastic bottles of wine and take them back to your seat which helps ), and can advise the best they did was a stunning cover of White Lines by Grandmaster. Best song ever heard them do.

Unexpected calls to your mobile from towns across the uk. The initial novelty of getting an out of the blue call which flashes up as being from, say, Birmingham or Leeds dies as soon as you suss they're either outright scams looking for bank info or ambulance chasers asking if you've had a car accident recently.

Always seem to cycle in spells too, get none for a good few weeks and then suddenly get them 2 or 3 times a day for a week.

5 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Unexpected calls to your mobile from towns across the uk. The initial novelty of getting an out of the blue call which flashes up as being from, say, Birmingham or Leeds dies as soon as you suss they're either outright scams looking for bank info or ambulance chasers asking if you've had a car accident recently.

Always seem to cycle in spells too, get none for a good few weeks and then suddenly get them 2 or 3 times a day for a week.

I never used to get these until I switched provider from EE to Sky mobile. Constant now. 

15 minutes ago, LauriestonBairn said:

Seeing a tub of Celebrations/Quality street/ Roses at work, opening it in excitement only to discover arts and crafts

I once put a note in an empty tin of sweets at work that said "Nae luck ya fat bastar d" for one of my fellow workers to find

Needless to say I forgot about it and a few months later chancing on a tin of sweets and fancying one what greeted me when I opened the lid...