East Fife vs Dumbarton

Outcome?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/02/23 at 15:00

I thought we were absolutely miles ahead of East Fife at Christmas. It should've been far more comfortable than 2-0.  Can only imagine they'll be better this time out, though.

I'd put big Rusty in for Love and play Wallace a bit deeper.

Btw Fifers, Wallace is an absolute class act. Cheers.

With Wilson being out I’d like to see Gray and McLean starting with Wallace dropping slightly deeper. I have a funny feeling that will be too adventurous for Farrell and it will be the same team bar Gray or McKee in for Wilson. Despite Love chipping in with a few goals I’m not entirely sure what he brings to the team tbh, I’d be relegating him to the bench to accommodate McLean. Love and Byrne aren’t bad options to have on the bench if we are chasing a goal.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

With Wilson being out I’d like to see Gray and McLean starting with Wallace dropping slightly deeper. I have a funny feeling that will be too adventurous for Farrell and it will be the same team bar Gray or McKee in for Wilson. Despite Love chipping in with a few goals I’m not entirely sure what he brings to the team tbh, I’d be relegating him to the bench to accommodate McLean. Love and Byrne aren’t bad options to have on the bench if we are chasing a goal.

Remember PITK ?  Well it's been replaced by 1-4-1-4-1.

3 minutes ago, cedrick1 said:

Yip to all who continually speculate about team selection and 2 up front etc .

team selection is very predictable 

Not exactly a surprise as we've stuck to the winning team and 4141 system all season bar one match which we were pumped in. He's not going to change the system or the line up that's been working and nor should he. Anyone complaining about that is a moaner who should be looking at the table, not wasting time second guessing what's working for us.

9 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Not exactly a surprise as we've stuck to the winning team and 4141 system all season bar one match which we were pumped in. He's not going to change the system or the line up that's been working and nor should he. Anyone complaining about that is a moaner who should be looking at the table, not wasting time second guessing what's working for us.

Yip 

21 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

There are at least three guys in that “winning team” who are contributing very little to the actual winning part. 

All the people asking for us the change to two up front aren’t considering how it affects our passing lane etc. In the modern game it’s a formation that pretty much forces you to go long in possession and you must have pace to play off flick ons. I’m very impressed with Farrell for being stubborn in his shape that is clearly working.

Additionally unless we high press it will leave us vulnerable to overloads in midfield (as happened time and time again v Stirling Albion). The team we’ve built I really don’t would be suited to regularly high pressing. I’m quite happy with us sitting in the low block and pressing in small spells. The low block I’d the reason the likes of McNiff and Buchanan have been so solid this season.

5 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

All the people asking for us the change to two up front aren’t considering how it affects our passing lane etc. In the modern game it’s a formation that pretty much forces you to go long in possession and you must have pace to play off flick ons. I’m very impressed with Farrell for being stubborn in his shape that is clearly working.

Additionally unless we high press it will leave us vulnerable to overloads in midfield (as happened time and time again v Stirling Albion). The team we’ve built I really don’t would be suited to regularly high pressing. I’m quite happy with us sitting in the low block and pressing in small spells. The low block I’d the reason the likes of McNiff and Buchanan have been so solid this season.

I can’t speak for others but I’d rather see Wallace starting in Ally Loves role rather than playing a traditional two up front. It would literally be the exact same formation but replacing guys who are out of form with guys who deserve a chance and are generally better players (IMO).

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I can’t speak for others but I’d rather see Wallace starting in Ally Loves role rather than playing a traditional two up front. It would literally be the exact same formation but replacing guys who are out of form with guys who deserve a chance and are generally better players (IMO).

That would work well on the ball I’d think, would just be worried about Wallace’s discipline out of possession and his mobility (admittedly he’s much fitter now than last time he played that role)

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye this. I think we are basically playing the same formation but with different kinds of players in a couple of positions. Which would in turn allow us to be more more of a threat on the break and also gives us an option to change it to 2 up front if we were to fall behind. But essentially, we aren't changing formation, just personnel.  Key difference.