Scottish Cup 23 Quarter-Final Draw

PauloPerth

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You just know we’re going to be lumped with either Raith or Caley away from home. 

I know where you’re coming from but I wouldn’t turn my nose up at playing a team were above in the league to get into a semi-final.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

I know where you’re coming from but I wouldn’t turn my nose up at playing a team were above in the league to get into a semi-final.

Raith at home I’d be content with. I think we’d be favourites and I’d definitely fancy my chances. Caley are a no go regardless of where they are in the league. They could be rooted to the bottom of the Highland League (where they ought to be playing) and I still wouldn’t bet on us winning. 

If we’re going to be put out then give me one of the OF away for the cash. I’d be raging if we made it this far only to be put out by a team below us. 

As long as it's not Rangers, played them too many times recently the novelty has worn off. Hearts away for a good day out, Falkirk/Darvel, Raith or ICT at home for the best chance of progression. If we get Killie, a home tie please.  Also the Monday TV game can f**k off, away to Cheltenham Monday morning.

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

Anyone know who makes the final VAR decision for matches is it home teams/joint? In my opinion some 'questionable' decisions made in the OF's games but they were both at home. After seeing that VAR for the cup costs circa £10k - if one of the OF are drawn away, can Caley, Ayr, Raith etc al say 'f**k off we don't want' and and refuse to pay without being bullied into using it by the OF just paying ass clearly it was beneficial in both games (so cash well spent I'd say!!!)

I think if the OF are drawn away then it won’t be used as the infrastructure isn’t there for it to be used in terms of cameras etc? And the outlay for one match isn’t feasible. Happy to be corrected on that though if anyone knows more. 

I can’t see any lower league teams beating Celtic if I’m honest, they just look too good (pains me to say it). Partick showed Rangers can be complacent but still would like to avoid both the OF. Love going to Tynecastle but we’d get a doing so avoid too. 

Raith away at Starks park with Colin Steven refereeing pls 

Anyone know who makes the final VAR decision for matches is it home teams/joint? In my opinion some 'questionable' decisions made in the OF's games but they were both at home. After seeing that VAR for the cup costs circa £10k - if one of the OF are drawn away, can Caley, Ayr, Raith etc al say 'f**k off we don't want' and and refuse to pay without being bullied into using it by the OF just paying ass clearly it was beneficial in both games (so cash well spent I'd say!!!)

The games will all be on TV so if it's at a Premiership ground there will be VAR but not if it's at a Championship ground

Could one of our resident nerds dish out the stats on how often the Old Firm draw each other before the semi-finals, compared to Hearts and Hibs, or even the Dundee clubs?

Over the past 15 years or so, the number of times there has been an Edinburgh derby in the early stages of the cup is ridiculous.

Would love to see Celtic and Rangers draw each other but they usually keep that for a Hampden tie, no doubt the bigot twins will get the easiest draw of the round coincidentally. 

Would love Inverness away, been a while since an away day in Inverness. 

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I can’t see any lower league teams beating Celtic if I’m honest, they just look too good (pains me to say it). Partick showed Rangers can be complacent but still would like to avoid both the OF. Love going to Tynecastle but we’d get a doing so avoid too. 

Raith away at Starks park with Colin Steven refereeing pls 

Please no.

2 hours ago, true_rover said:

The games will all be on TV

Can anyone confirm, if (depending on the draw) Rangers & Celtic avoid each other could we see a Sat evening & Sunday games for Viaplay then a Friday & Monday night for the other 2 games.............meaning SC QF and not a single Sat 3pm tie!!!!

33 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Can anyone confirm, if (depending on the draw) Rangers & Celtic avoid each other could we see a Sat evening & Sunday games for Viaplay then a Friday & Monday night for the other 2 games.............meaning SC QF and not a single Sat 3pm tie!!!!

Last year had Saturday night, a double header Sunday and then Monday night.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Raith at home I’d be content with. I think we’d be favourites and I’d definitely fancy my chances. Caley are a no go regardless of where they are in the league. They could be rooted to the bottom of the Highland League (where they ought to be playing) and I still wouldn’t bet on us winning. 

If we’re going to be put out then give me one of the OF away for the cash. I’d be raging if we made it this far only to be put out by a team below us. 

I'm of a similar mindset.  Regardless of league positions I would hate to lose a quarter final against a team from the same division as us or even worse, a lower league.

It would be such a great opportunity missed.

38 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

With Premiership games on the previous Wed night, that’ll put any Friday night and Saturday games heavily toward any lower level matchup.

4x TV makes that inevitable.