Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I think whoever they select will Truss it.

It won't be Black that steps in but Robertson.

When I saw Regan talking on the telly yesterday, Truss is the first person that came to mind.

An absolutely woeful performance.

14 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

When I saw Regan talking on the telly yesterday, Truss is the first person that came to mind.

An absolutely woeful performance.

I watched about 2 seconds, when she was explaining there should be a referendum to decide if we had a referendum but the first one wouldn't be seen as a referendum,  which it would 

2 minutes ago, GTee said:

Voting against your country's independence on the basis of an individual 😄

Absolutely no one is voting Yes/No based on a personal like/dislike of Humza.

However, any SNP First Minister’s flagship goal is to be the FM that delivers independence and some will be better able to sell the people of Scotland on the concept than others. 

At the moment they’re 0-for-2. Salmond won a majority which was enough to convince the then PM to grant a section 30, but fell 5% short in the referendum. Sturgeon failed to even get a referendum. I can’t see any of these three being able to deliver it tbh. 

29 minutes ago, GTee said:

Voting against your country's independence on the basis of an individual 😄

Imagine worshipping who everyone recognises as no better than gangsters ripping us for everything they can on the altar of one person's personal beliefs!

Imagine considering consigning future generations to more of the same just to garner some online popularity in the dim days of February 2023.

Edited by sophia

25 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Absolutely no one is voting Yes/No based on a personal like/dislike of Humza.

However, any SNP First Minister’s flagship goal is to be the FM that delivers independence and some will be better able to sell the people of Scotland on the concept than others. 

At the moment they’re 0-for-2. Salmond won a majority which was enough to convince the then PM to grant a section 30, but fell 5% short in the referendum. Sturgeon failed to even get a referendum. I can’t see any of these three being able to deliver it tbh. 

Absolutely noone voted no because of a dislike of Salmond, or would have voted no because a dislike of Sturgeon. Tend to disagree. But have no concrete evidence 👍😄

3 minutes ago, GTee said:

Absolutely noone voted no because of a dislike of Salmond, or would have voted no because a dislike of Sturgeon. Tend to disagree. But have no concrete evidence 👍😄

I mean, a dislike of Salmond can lead to people not believing his arguments and therefore not being tempted to vote Yes. But that’s a bit different. 

24 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I mean, a dislike of Salmond can lead to people not believing his arguments and therefore not being tempted to vote Yes. But that’s a bit different. 

Pretty much what I said then. Folk voted no, because they didn't like Salmond. 👍😄

Forbes softening everybody up by ditching the deposit scheme, scrapping the advertising ban and reintroducing bevvy on the train before she shuts all the pubs on Sundays would be excellent patter.

22 minutes ago, Bodie said:

Forbes softening everybody up by ditching the deposit scheme, scrapping the advertising ban and reintroducing bevvy on the train before she shuts all the pubs on Sundays would be excellent patter.

Promoting self governance would be a good plan. Some of the other stuff is tragic 😐😄

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Wee Katie's growing in my estimation

Lol.....She is likely to become the next leader of the independence movement.

The leadership election is Alternative vote. Humza may well win the first round but with no outright majority.... at which point the 3rd placed candidate is eliminated (most probably Regan)and their 2nd preference votes transfer. I strongly suspect most Regan supporters 2nd vote going to Forbes. Humza ain't going to be first minister.

I hope Kate Forbes continues to grow in your estimation🙂

1 hour ago, git-intae-thum said:

Lol.....She is likely to become the next leader of the independence movement.

The leadership election is Alternative vote. Humza may well win the first round but with no outright majority.... at which point the 3rd placed candidate is eliminated (most probably Regan)and their 2nd preference votes transfer. I strongly suspect most Regan supporters 2nd vote going to Forbes. Humza ain't going to be first minister.

I hope Kate Forbes continues to grow in your estimation🙂

I didnt realise thats how it works, if thats the case then Forbes has a chance