Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Binos said:

If looking at from a,  has brains and likely competancy perspective 

The stand out candidate is Forbes 

Unless her purpose was to swing the party to the socially conservative right and alienate liberals and progressives, she's been astonishingly politically inept. Much of the SNP's electoral success has been from poaching the latter from Labour and the Lib Dems, I doubt there are enough Alba types and swing Tories to compensate for their loss. 

18 minutes ago, sophia said:

I found this a fairly measured piece from Mandy Rhodes in Holyrood Magazine

On the premise that Kate performs as I expect in the debates, there's a few high profile SNP politicians who might have cause to regret their tuning in to the online maelstrom over this week just gone.

Good read.

2 hours ago, Binos said:

They're bit different,  as you know 

Smoking ban is best thing Scottish Parliament has ever done,  genuinely world leading,  I think 

There's been a rush ever since to replicate that, sometimes without thinking through,  which is their job

Forbes certainly has more brains but can't see her being voted in anyhow 

Ireland did it a couple of years prior to Scotland 

1 hour ago, renton said:

Is Mandy Rhodes still giving it the Sturgeon is the devil shtick?

It seemed every increasingly unreadable utterance from her was obsessing over gender and by extension, Nicola so to answer your question, probably not as much now as she'll no doubt feel as if she's been vindicated on the matter.

That shouldn't detract from an objective reading of the article.

9 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I wonder how the Mail on Sunday will be describing deposit return schemes in 18 months when an almost identical scheme is introduced in England and Wales?

Its "almost" like they are not being even handed.

Firms have already spent millions preparing for DRS, I can't imagine it going down too well if it's scrapped. Sounds like the plan is to give small businesses another year to prepare.

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Firms have already spent millions preparing for DRS, I can't imagine it going down too well if it's scrapped. Sounds like the plan is to give small businesses another year to prepare.

DRS has brought cricket into the modern world.  

5 hours ago, Abdul_Latif said:

Interestingly, all standing are either binning, or delaying DRS (in some form), as of this morning.

Looks like the beginning of the end for the Bute House Agreement.

I can’t see how any of them continue as a coalition, the debate and general shift to the right will have pissed off the greens.    Supply and confidence minority snp gov is what we will get for the remainder of the term