Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

33 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Nah for me he is much more like Ernst Todt one of the big bads in the classic Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark

cap-indy.thumb.jpg.142dd5a8daf0fbffd2e40a1310229f70.jpg

True. There is more than a passing resemblance to Heinrich Himmler in both those images.

Unfortunate for the baldy lying weasel on the right. Excellent casting for the actor on the left

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Unfortunately, the someone on twitter seems to be closer to the mark than the party at the moment. 

It's really not that difficult to maintain a membership list. It takes time and administration. It seems like its been badly neglected. Any card failures or direct debit failures are known almost instantly. I know this as I've done it before and you then try to collect payment again. It shouldn't be difficult to update the membership list thereafter. In fact, you should be able to integrate it.

Those eligible to vote should be defined somewhere. Then there is no scope for argument. My understanding is that it isn't clearly defined. However, someone whose membership lapsed 3 years ago shouldn't be voting. If its a tight result there may well be a challenge to the result.

The party is imploding but change had to come. Its one of these one step backwards to take two steps forward moments. 

Assuming the new leader grasps the opportunity of a reset. This is a chance to sort the party and government out. Get the party engaging with the membership and improve transparency and decision making. Get the SG delivering competent government for the people with improved outcomes. It sounds simple but it's a bit ask, admittedly. Only 2 of the candidates have any chance of achieving that. I'm not counting Ash.

I agree I should not have had a vote, it didn't stop me casting it though 

3 hours ago, wirez said:

With everything that has gone on they need to scrap this election and start over again.

Not taking any action risks a LIz Truss clown shoe situation.

Happy enough that prospect provided we can just jump straight to the 'you have a week to vote' bit and no have to sit through another month of hustings and interviews. It's no even the embarrassment, everyone knows what the candidates are about by now, it's just the sheer tedium of listening to promises of change etc without giving any sort of indication about how exactly you intend to enact that.

Totally understand why for some this is all about Independence and the timescale for it, but for me I'm far more concerned with how Scotland is governed in the interim, and I haven't heard much of anything on that matter over the past few weeks, so I have no appetite to sit through another month of it. Only saving grace is that I haven't yet voted, so I can't complain about having to do that again.

19 minutes ago, Bodie said:

Yet many of the critics are pro independence, former SNP members and voters.

Granny doesn't let facts like that get in the way. Anyone who disputes the lines from party HQ are his enemies and against the cause. 

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If you believe that then I have a bridge you might be interested in buying…

Yeah, sticking your fingers in your ears and pretending it's not happening will definitely sort this mess out.

1 hour ago, Bodie said:

Yet many of the critics are pro independence, former SNP members and voters.

There are some though who seem to be revelling in this as if it is the end of the independence movement.

Personally, independence is bigger than any individual or any party.  This won't be the end of the SNP or the end of independence.

Murrell going though perhaps make it a lot easier now for a reset.

2 hours ago, wirez said:

FrhHfQeWAAAW3I0?format=jpg&name=large

"I am a son of the SNP" 🤣

What have we heard on here from the divvy continuity gradualist adherents? Lunatics, Brain Mush, Moon Howlers 🤣

Yer lad is a rocket!

What a load of shite from Yousaf.

Did anyone on here vote SNP because Murrell was Chief Executive?

Did anyone on here vote SNP because they wished to see an independent Scotland?

Murrell's actions have been completely indefensible.

Yousaf can go and f**k himself. 

10 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Yes

No

Yes

Yes

Hell yes.

12 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

It doesn't change my opinion of Humza tbqh.

It was already shit.

2 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

He has hitched his wagon to the soviet and I truly think he would do the cause a great service by having the good grace and withdraw his candidacy.

Anyone that thinks he can provide the intellectual heft* to move us forward is more partisan than pragmatic.

*he's already admitted that he hasn't 

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

The anti-SNP/anti-Independence posters on here enjoying their moment in the sun.  Soon be time to head back to their basements though.

Can only admire the steely edged nerve from that cosseted generation of Brexit voting pensioners .

Old-man-yells.jpg

8 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

B1ka_1zCUAESVq9.jpg

That's as may be but have you anything substantive to contribute?

I note you had the impetus but ultimately declined the opportunity to reply to my challenging view that Humza is fatally compromised and if he persists he'll just waste our time. 

4 minutes ago, sophia said:

That's as may be but have you anything substantive to contribute?

I note you had the impetus but ultimately declined the opportunity to reply to my challenging view that Humza is fatally compromised and if he persists he'll just waste our time. 

Yousaf was compromised before that by beng shite.

Forbes has not impressed at all.

Regan is a complete roaster.

This isn’t the best the SNP could offer. 

Edited by DeeTillEhDeh

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Yousaf was compromised before that by beng shite.

Forbes has not impressed at all.

Regan is a complete roaster.

Why then was he given house time?

If the answer was continuity then on the 18th of March 2023, he's got nothing.

Actually he's got less than nothing.