Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

In fairness, Peter Dow, once of this parish and who I daresay is firmly a Reganite, advocates an independent Scotland takes unilateral military action against Germany - possibly even unilateral nuclear action - to prevent them developing nuclear weapons in the case of a second coming of Hitler.  Your scenario is not completely beyond the realms of public discourse.  

Edit: I’m really not making any of that up. 

Oh, he is indeed. BTW am i mis-remembering or did he once have a completely batshit mental account on here? 

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 07.28.30.png

40 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Ash Regans body language in this, and that Times radio segment, is the most interesting part of all these videos.

She actually comes across almost like an opposition politician in some of these debates.

Anyone voting for her needs their head examined.

Just started watching the Times one, the very last debate they say. Final making my mind up time for me, seems better than most of them so far, getting down to more detailed policy.

Edited by welshbairn

I just cant get past how bad Yousaf is at speaking, he is atrocious. Its painful to watch and the thought we will quite likely have to listen to it over the next year or so at least is depressing as f**k. The content isnt that bad at times and may be the best of the 3 but the delivery is so bad. Surely he can invest in some lessons in how to present, slow down a bit would help. Focus on key points. Its a rambling mess at the moment. He will have to improve as FM.

1 hour ago, ScotiaNostra said:

I just cant get past how bad Yousaf is at speaking, he is atrocious. Its painful to watch and the thought we will quite likely have to listen to it over the next year or so at least is depressing as f**k. The content isnt that bad at times and may be the best of the 3 but the delivery is so bad. Surely he can invest in some lessons in how to present, slow down a bit would help. Focus on key points. Its a rambling mess at the moment. He will have to improve as FM.

He'll have been coached for years: imagine what he was like before?

You can't polish a turd but you can stick glitter on it.

1 hour ago, ScotiaNostra said:

I think there is definitely some buyers remorse wrt. Humza. However, there is a large section of the membership (I'm looking at you Mhairi Hunter) that vote as they are instructed to from the upper echelons.

The sensible approach is as welshbairn demonstrates - in that you wait until near the deadline to cast your vote. This way it gives all candidates the longest time to convince you and allows you to see what they are really like under the pressure of the campaign.

Not heard a single thing from any of the candidates on the single most pressing issue facing Scotland today. The price of that new Home shirt.

Sturgeon/Yousaf/Forbes/Regan must condemn.

5 minutes ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

Not heard a single thing from any of the candidates on the single most pressing issue facing Scotland today. The price of that new Home shirt.

Yousaf was on Radio Scotland and asked about it, he basically said it seemed overpriced

3 minutes ago, Marlo Stanfield said:

Yousaf suggested the SFA reconsider on the radio this morning, Regan would likely let a citizen's assembly fix the price and Forbes would listen more than anyone has listened before in the history of listening.

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Yousaf suggested the SFA reconsider on the radio this morning, Regan would likely let a citizen's assembly fix the price and Forbes would listen more than anyone has listened before in the history of listening.

Forbes says it should cost 2 shillings

Can the result be brought forward to today?  I'm sick to my back anus of this taking up so much of the news.  

Yousaf should win, he's the most normal of the three.  Regan is clearly unhinged and Forbes is a mad bible-basher who is centre-right at best.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

I'm sure Forbes said it was capitalism and she had no problem with it.

Spoiler

hue hound GIF

8 hours ago, ScotiaNostra said:

I just cant get past how bad Yousaf is at speaking, he is atrocious. It’s painful to watch and the thought we will quite likely have to listen to it over the next year or so at least is depressing as f**k. The content isnt that bad at times and may be the best of the 3 but the delivery is so bad. Surely he can invest in some lessons in how to present, slow down a bit would help. Focus on key points. It’s a rambling mess at the moment. He will have to improve as FM.

I heard a radio interview with him where he came across quite well.

He seems to speed up when he’s on the defensive which is a trait a few politicians turn to. With Yousaf, I’m not sure if that’s a deliberate ploy or whether he just does that when he’s flustered. Either way it’s a garbled mess and difficult to respond to. I suspect he knows he’s bang to rights and gets flustered.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I heard a radio interview with him where he came across quite well.

He seems to speed up when he’s on the defensive which is a trait a few politicians turn to. With Yousaf, I’m not sure if that’s a deliberate ploy or whether he just does that when he’s flustered. Either way it’s a garbled mess and difficult to respond to. I suspect he knows he’s bang to rights and gets flustered.

He's done really well during the campaign but he admitted early on when asked about his faults that he has sometimes had a thin skin and lost his temper, like that leg support skateboard incident, but he's working on it. He got really close to it this morning under some fairly light questioning on Radio Scotland, you could almost hear his teeth clenching. Part of the trouble I have voting for him is how he'd cope with the relentless personal attacks that Sturgeon had, including on PMQs. Also I don't think he's the man to bring a fresh resurgence of ideas and energy that the SNP needs, despite agreeing with him on just about every policy. He was also Minister for transport and the islands at a time that it should have been obvious that Ferguson's had been a terrible choice and it was time to cut the Government's losses and give the contract to a firm that was actually set up to design and build ships of that size and complexity, but tbf to him he was a junior minister and it would have meant taking a huge political hit, so he probably had little say in the matter. Still haven't decided who to vote for.

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Can the result be brought forward to today?  I'm sick to my back anus of this taking up so much of the news.  

Yousaf should win, he's the most normal of the three.  Regan is clearly unhinged and Forbes is a mad bible-basher who is centre-right at best.

There’s only one serious candidate, and he’s so flawed that he’s not running away with it. It’s an absolute catastrophe for the SNP.

I hope this election is remembered for Angus Robertson being a shitebag.

Hopefully next time round Stephen Flynn and Mhairi Black are back up here.

That rule of Murrell's about MPs having to step down before being selected as MSPs needs fucking binned pronto.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

He's done really well during the campaign but he admitted early on when asked about his faults that he has sometimes had a thin skin and lost his temper, like that leg support skateboard incident, but he's working on it. He got really close to it this morning under some fairly light questioning on Radio Scotland, you could almost hear his teeth clenching. Part of the trouble I have voting for him is how he'd cope with the relentless personal attacks that Sturgeon had, including on PMQs. Also I don't think he's the man to bring a fresh resurgence of ideas and energy that the SNP needs, despite agreeing with him on just about every policy. He was also Minister for transport and the islands at a time that it should have been obvious that Ferguson's had been a terrible choice and it was time to cut the Government's losses and give the contract to a firm that was actually set up to design and build ships of that size and complexity, but tbf to him he was a junior minister and it would have meant taking a huge political hit, so he probably had little say in the matter. Still haven't decided who to vote for.

That’s the key bit. Politics in the UK is absolutely stale as f**k with the Tories down South and the SNP in Scotland. I am sick of the sight of both of them and can’t wait to vote them out.

25 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

There’s only one serious candidate, and he’s so flawed that he’s not running away with it. It’s an absolute catastrophe for the SNP.

Yip.  The only worse thing for the SNP than him winning is him losing.

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

That’s the key bit. Politics in the UK is absolutely stale as f**k with the Tories down South and the SNP in Scotland. I am sick of the sight of both of them and can’t wait to vote them out.

The alternative is Blair#2 though. Sorry to be depressing..

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The alternative is Blair#2 though. Sorry to be depressing..

That wouldn’t depress me. At least New Labour had some ideas to peak my interest. It all turned to shite, but at least there was some hope and excitement at the start.

I think the last time I was excited about Scottish politics was the referendum. 

Edited by Scary Bear