Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think there's anyone either in the race or out that's capable of holding together the fracturing coalition the way Salmond and Sturgeon did.

A realignment and electoral decline is in the post. 

34 minutes ago, Bodie said:

I don't think there's anyone either in the race or out that's capable of holding together the fracturing coalition the way Salmond and Sturgeon did.

A realignment and electoral decline is in the post. 

I dont think it's necessarily an even sided split. Clearly there is a bigger rump of voters on one side of the possible divide than the other.

9 minutes ago, renton said:

I dont think it's necessarily an even sided split. Clearly there is a bigger rump of voters on one side of the possible divide than the other.

Yeah probably, but the fault lines run across multiple issues, social policy, economic policy, independence strategy, good governance.

Why are folk wittering on about "a future referendum" here?

We are committed to only ever holding one with permission from Westminster, and we will never be given such permission ever again.

There will never be another referendum.

2 hours ago, renton said:

Probably.  And mostly on the Forbes side than that of the Humzanistas.

I'd agree that Sturgeon has broader appeal than Salmond but I think all VT was saying is that Salmond was the leader who made the first massive electoral inroad into the traditional Labour central belt areas, which he clearly was.

Clearly, it's much more difficult to make any kind of comparable inroad again because the lowest hanging fruit has been taken and you'd be looking at winning 70%+ of the vote, which isn't happening.

Watching a bit of the Edinburgh hustings on rewind, find it annoying anyone having to tell me they're passionate about independence, should be taken for granted for a prospective candidate. Also the chapping on doors and looking at the whites of voters eyes bit is a tad disturbing. Just Humza so far. 

Edited by welshbairn

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Watching a bit of the Edinburgh hustings on rewind, find it annoying anyone having to tell me they're passionate about something, should be taken for granted for a prospective candidate. Also the chapping on doors and looking at the whites of voters eyes bit is a tad disturbing. Just Humza so far. 

6C7BF28D-E0AE-4EAB-9FFC-905653373AD7.gif

30 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Watching a bit of the Edinburgh hustings on rewind, find it annoying anyone having to tell me they're passionate about independence, should be taken for granted for a prospective candidate. Also the chapping on doors and looking at the whites of voters eyes bit is a tad disturbing. Just Humza so far. 

Welshie, I'm worried about you. I hope you have a good support network of family and friends. Watching those hustings isn't good for mental health. They should come with a warning.

As an aside, looking forward to Monday?

43 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Welshie, I'm worried about you. I hope you have a good support network of family and friends. Watching those hustings isn't good for mental health. They should come with a warning.

As an aside, looking forward to Monday?

As a party member I take my duty very strongly to give each candidate every opportunity to convince me, on behalf of all you lapsed dues payers. I won't be voting until the morning of March 27th.

2 hours ago, ScotiaNostra said:

I heard Flynn on the radio backing Humza, seems a bit late in the game. Could it be linked to the polling of SNP members that had Humza and Forbes equal? 

Of course it is but the strategists would be well served in taking into account the lurch to thrawn that is possible when being overly preached to.

This applies especially to Mhairi Black and her studenty threats.

Not sure if this has been posted before but I hadn’t seen it.

SNP leadership contender Kate Forbes’ husband attended private Tory hustings

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/snp-leadership-contender-kate-forbes-29359739

Forbes’ campaign said he was a non-member “guest” but a Scottish Tories spokesperson said only party members were allowed to attend.

24 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not sure if this has been posted before but I hadn’t seen it.

SNP leadership contender Kate Forbes’ husband attended private Tory hustings

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/snp-leadership-contender-kate-forbes-29359739

Forbes’ campaign said he was a non-member “guest” but a Scottish Tories spokesperson said only party members were allowed to attend.

I'm surprised you didn't notice the debate that this prompted and unless I'm mistaken, there was unanimous agreement that in all cases in Scotland in 2023, husbands should provide political leadership in the household context and fellow dwellers, who should be regarded as subordinate, shall support him.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

I'm surprised you didn't notice the debate that this prompted and unless I'm mistaken, there was unanimous agreement that in all cases in Scotland in 2023, husbands should provide political leadership in the household context and fellow dwellers, who should be regarded as subordinate, shall support him.

The danger here is that if Kate decides that Ephesians 5:22 (amongst others) is one of the bits of the Bible she is arsed about following, then she’ll vote in line with her faith. 

24 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

The danger here is that if Kate decides that Ephesians 5:22 (amongst others) is one of the bits of the Bible she is arsed about following, then she’ll vote in line with her faith. 

I had to check that Ephesians is in the New Testament. One would have imagined that such nonsense would be in the "angry God" bit of the scriptures, but no, NT it is. 

Presumably it gives Christians another opportunity to exercise the great 'get out of jail free card' of the good old pick n mix approach to faith. I'm not generally in favour of violence, but any bloke who thinks he gets to tell his wife or daughters how to vote deserves a smack in the mouth.