Next permanent Scotland manager

Richey Edwards

253 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, MacDuffman said:

Cant make my mind up.

Yousaf - as above least worst option, but continuity.

Forbes - Wee free, husband Tory, but maybe a change.

Ash Wednesday - ALBA nutter, no chance.

Me neither, I think Forbes is probably too young and needs to develop a bit of political nous apart from her other baggage and seemingly wanting a shift to the right, but she's improving as the campaign's going on. Yousaf has shown himself to be a steady pair of hands under some quite tough interviewing, but I think he'd be more of a placeholder, damage limitation pick.

Edited by welshbairn

I'm no expert on this but looking at it from afar Yousaf seems the least divisive and also by far the nicest person. Maybe the latter shouldn't be a big issue but I think it is, in this age of personality politics. A decisive, first round, win for him would be the best result for the SNP, IMO.

2 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Its almost as if the greens are a shower of melts?

This is what happens when people vote for people for no reason other than they support independence...

RE: The DRS itself. With the increase in people getting shopping etc delivered this seems to be a counterintuitive idea. Either the Tesco delivery van will need to be capable of handling and processing returns (and I feel sorry for the drivers if that's the case), or there are going to be an awful lot of people driving to their nearest supermarket on a semi-regular basis for no reason other than to return cans. Which surely flies in the face of the "use your car less" mantra being pushed at the same time?

I think all three candidates are divisive and will be varying levels of disaster. It's a toss up for me between Forbes and Yousaf.

Regan will be the electoral equivalent of throwing yourself off a cliff like a lemming whereas Yousaf and Forbes are like shooting yourself in the foot.

Went along to Aberdeen Hustings yesterday to get a final view on the candidates. It started well when some unionist shouting from his car for those queuing to get into the Tivoli theatre - a bit bizzare! 

They all had to make a 6 minute pitch which I felt both Kate Forbes and Humza Yousaf put out a decent pitch. Ash Regan had a bit of paper in her hand which really was unprofessional for someone wanting to be leader. 

The questions for the audience was very decent although the woman next to me asked about transgender question which got a few boos. I didn't agree with this woman position on transgender but there was no need to boo from a few in the crowd. 

TThe audience seem to cheer a lot of what Humza Yousaf was saying although Kate Forbes also got quite a few cheers too but not as much. I thought both Humza Yousaf and Kate Forbes came across well at the Hustings.

It doesn't change the way I'm going to vote but I won't be too disappointed if Kate Forbes gets in. I really can't see Ash Regan getting anywhere near 10% of the vote. 

Edited by betting competition

29 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Humza may well win on the first ballot. If he is high 46/47% I expect he will definitely win. If he's 41/42% it could get interesting. 

No  chance. He only commands the majority support of the youngest age demographic.The youngest age demographic only constitutes 3% of the party membership.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I think all three candidates are divisive and will be varying levels of disaster. It's a toss up for me between Forbes and Yousaf.

Regan will be the electoral equivalent of throwing yourself off a cliff like a lemming whereas Yousaf and Forbes are like shooting yourself in the foot.

Kate is again getting better numbers in this Sky survey

Sky hustings...

Ash presently crashing in flames on which institutions she would need in the early days of an independent country 

Regan isn't only patently stupid, but also comes across as incredibly unlikeable. If you are going to be as patronising as she is, you better ensure you don't constantly come across as the SNP's version of Ben Swain on Newsnight. 

17 minutes ago, thepundit said:

No idea who’s going to win this contest.

All I know is Labour must be rubbing their hands.

Whoever wins, support for the SNP, and independence, will continue to plummet. That’s the only certainty.

Or....

The further to the right Labour move under Starmer, the more Scots will become alienated by that and come to view secession from UK as how to get the governance they want. It was under Blair's Labour governance that the SNP vote originally rose to significance.

That's not a prediction from me but it is a rational alternative to yours. There definitely isn't "certainty".