Spain (a) in October

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I have, several times. 

But since you're struggling, he's standing right in front of the keeper stopping him jumping for the ball. For good measure he also gives him a wee shove as the ball nears but he'still interfering even if he doesnt do that.

Missed this cracker. You clearly are at it. The goalkeeper was closer to the ball as it was coming into the box, could have jumped, punched it, or whatever else. If you think a raised arm could have stopped a professional goalie from jumping out to it, I don’t know what else to say to you.

5 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

In the freeze frame I saw live it looked like his right foot was. I dislike VAR and analysing the minutiae but if the VAR room have drawn their lines and he’s off etc then it’s all correct via the procedures 

The lines they drew were actual pretty far apart, clearly much further than what you can see is simply his right foot being off (which it doesn’t look like it is either, no part of him looks offside).

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

He isn’t offside at all though.

I wouldn't mind seeing the "official" VAR lines again to be fair. Only caught a glimpse of them on the TV and canny find them anywhere. 

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Can we all at least agree that VAR is fucking pish and should be punted into the sea ASAP? 

This times infinity.  The number of refereeing controversies pre-VAR is nothing with the amount of talking points VAR has introduced completely to the detriment of the game.  The monumental cock up recently in the EPL being the icing on a rather large cake.  I wasn't a fan of its introduction and can't say my mind has changed since, but the powers that be are determined for it to work, so what do we know

Someone share a definitive picture of the offside if they have it eh.

Summary; It’s never a foul in a million years. Hendry is absolutely interfering with play (if offside), struggling to see how anyone can say otherwise. 

Foreword; the ref was absolutely honking regardless. We will quality for Germany. The Spanish are little bitches. 

Fin. 

19 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I have, several times. 

But since you're struggling, he's standing right in front of the keeper stopping him jumping for the ball. For good measure he also gives him a wee shove as the ball nears but he'still interfering even if he doesnt do that.

Get up off your knees, you’re a grown man.

41 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

As you can see here the ref clearly has his left hand in the air to signal an indirect free kick for offside (if you're Guillem Bawbag) 

Screenshot_20231012_220808_X.jpg

I can only see his right hand in the air. I’m confused that my eyesight is worse than UEFA. 

2 minutes ago, ScottishZizou said:

In the freeze frame I saw live it looked like his right foot was. I dislike VAR and analysing the minutiae but if the VAR room have drawn their lines and he’s off etc then it’s all correct via the procedures 

This.

For avoidance of doubt since this is gowing arms and legs:

1 - if they gave a foul its an absolute travesty of a decision. I've not once suggested otherwise.

2 - it looked on the replays on tv and in the image UEFA eventually released that Hendry was just offside. If he wasnt offside then something's gone badly wrong but a still photo in line with McTominay at pitch level isnt proving it.

3. Assuming he is offside, for me he's very clearly interfering with play. He's right in front of the keeper, stopping him jumping for the ball and he's levering him away slightly. He doesnt have to be fouling him to be interfering. Standing right in front of him not moving would be enough.

4 - between referee and UEFA's press officer during the game they've certainly screwed up the signals and communication. 

People can argue he's not offside, thats fair enough, but he looked it to me. The idea that he's not interfering is just nonsense though.

23 minutes ago, 101 said:

Onside so I expect the SFA blazers to be marching on Zurich tomorrow.

Screenshot_20231012-222641__01.jpg

They showed an actual proper image from a proper high angle with the lines during the game, which showed it was offside. They also showed it to the ref at least twice during the review (minus the lines). We therefore don't need to be analysing this image from a non-straight angle.

Hendry was in an offside position, I'd say that is the one absolutely undeniable fact surrounding this decision.

Just now, craigkillie said:

They showed an actual proper image from a proper high angle with the lines during the game, which showed it was offside. They also showed it to the ref at least twice during the review (minus the lines). We therefore don't need to be analysing this image from a non-straight angle.

Hendry was in an offside position, I'd say that is the one absolutely undeniable fact surrounding this decision.

If that’s the case, how was he interfering with play?