Spain (a) in October

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Great photo.  Hendry and the defender are indeed both ahead of the ball, but the defender is playing Hendry on.

Yep. UEFA have fucked this up royally. 

Could accept if they give the softest freekick in the world but that picture clearly shows when the ball is played no one is offside. So why has the goal been ruled out.

Aye, we're also to believe that a call that close was resolved in about 20 seconds as definitely offside, and the only call remaining was interfering, which is highly.fuckkng3g dubious itself This with no display of the lines etc. Which were conveniently shown 20 minutes later. 

It was then just a mistaken hand signal, plus UEFA telling us, plus the stadium screen, plus the ref telling McGinn, that led all of us idiots to mistakenly believe it was given for a foul.......

Thank heavens for SD and Cardle to give us all the real common sense we're missing eh. 

The goalkeeper could have rammed right through Hendry if he had the slighest chance of saving it, and would have got a foul for him as a bonus. Hendry was not fouling him in any way shape or form, and if anyone thinks he did, they should just give up on Football now. 

2 minutes ago, magic sign said:

I wasn't disputing any of that.  I just thought that if he was clearly offside and definitely interfering (your words) then there would be no need for the ref to go to the monitor.  There was no argument in my statement. Just asking for clarification (I even said I was happy to be corrected if I was wrong).  Not sure why the condescending response was required,. But hey-ho you can chalk this up as another internet win if you want 

Sorry wrong post quoted. Apologies.

Just now, SweeperDee said:

The goalkeeper could have rammed right through Hendry if he had the slighest chance of saving it, and would have got a foul for him as a bonus. Hendry was not fouling him in any way shape or form, and if anyone thinks he did, they should just give up on Football now. 

Keeper decided retreating into the goal was the best decision. Have to respect that level of stupidity.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Keeper decided retreating into the goal was the best decision. Have to respect that level of stupidity.

Cause he had no fucking way of saving it. Fair fucks if Hendry pushed the goalie into the net but he barely brushed him with his pinky and that somehow constitutes a foul? Sounds legit.

Edited by SweeperDee

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Great photo.  Hendry and the defender are indeed both ahead of the ball, but the defender is playing Hendry on.

I appreciate I've already set a red dot site record most likely but that photo is hardly definitive. Its not in line with the last man and its not high enough to even see Hendry.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I have, several times. 

But since you're struggling, he's standing right in front of the keeper stopping him jumping for the ball. For good measure he also gives him a wee shove as the ball nears but he'still interfering even if he doesnt do that.

Why you being such a dick?  Not sure if this is some kind of fishing expedition or you just fancy an argument but there was genuinely nothing wrong with that goal 

3 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

Jesus man, you don't understand the offside law at all if you think for a player to be interfering with play they need to be committing a foul. 

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

I aporeciate I've already set a red dot site record most likely but thst photo is hardly definitive. Its not in line with the last man and its not high enough to even see Hendry.

Is he the invisible man all of a sudden? Where are Hendry’s legs? Can you even see him? The only player you see is the Spanish one. If Hendry was offside, you’d see a part of him past the last defender, but you don’t, so once again you are talking absolute horsehockey.

Just now, ScottishZizou said:

It’s clearly not a foul but also is clearly interfering with play if VAR have determined him offside. If you don’t think he’s interfering then your seeing what you want to see. Referee has possibly got his signals muddled 

He isn’t offside when the ball is played though. 

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I aporeciate I've already set a red dot site record most likely but thst photo is hardly definitive. Its not in line with the last man and its not high enough to even see Hendry.

HTH you can clearly see Hendry unless you think he's a free and has a arm a foot wide.

Screenshot_20231012-222641__01__01.jpg

15 minutes ago, S7C said:

Wasn’t just the goal though. The guy was at it all night. Every 50/50 given their way, McGinn completely wiped out on the edge of their box and told to get up.

It was really one-sided. Don’t think we can argue that Spain didn’t deserve to win, but we weren’t helped in the slightest.

Funnily enough, I felt the exact same way about the referee in Oslo. Suppose UEFA can’t be having a Euros without Spain or one of their poster boys in Haaland…