Celtic V Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I was only regurgitating your same  quote, will use quotation marks next time. And tbh whilst I do think the likes of Hibs/Aberdeen should be in a more dominant position in to those financially below them I don't think it's something that gets seriously posted and very often regarding that they should be seriously competing with us. Its not something either the media entertain either. 

The vast majority of old firm fans don’t have a clue about my team because they don’t care about us, which is fair enough, I just despise when they pretend to.

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

I’ve posted on this forum for a long time and i genuinely cannot remember and Celtic fan (can’t comment for Rangers fans) ever say Hibs, Hearts or Aberdeen should be putting more pressure on us. Fair enough I don’t venture far from our own threads but genuinely believe I’ve more chance of stepping in rocking horse shite before seeing anyone suggest the above in the manner described 

Again, I’m not referring to these forums, I’ve personally heard it numerous times so that’s why I said it.

16 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's in the context of what I described above. The idea of seriously discussing a fixture of OF v Other Team is laughable to most of us. For example, how many of Celtic's last 50 league games against non-OF sides have they not won? There's nothing to discuss. Yet we get people posting about these fixtures as if they're serious events.

Folk are fed up with it, and enjoy ridiculing it.

To enjoy doing something then there has to be a level of interest. However at the risk of repeating myself this doesn’t sound like a very effective plan if it’s to ridicule us into submission or you are just bad at it.

2 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

The vast majority of old firm fans don’t have a clue about my team because they don’t care about us, which is fair enough, I just despise when they pretend to.

You've just steam rolled in on a thread with a claim that didn't add up as it had already been discussed and debunked, it's not just 'us' that don't have a clue.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:
5 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Are you saying the open forum should be filtered?

I’m not Willy no, not sure how you’ve reached that conclusion.

4 minutes ago, gannonball said:

You've just steam rolled in on a thread with a claim that didn't add up as it had already been discussed and debunked, it's not just 'us' that don't have a clue.

Pie and Bovril isn’t the the be all and end all you know? I made my comments based on my experience, some defensive Celtic fans getting on their high horse won’t change that

Edited by GreenGray

5 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

Pie and Bovril isn’t the the be all and end all you know? I made my comments based on my experience, some defensive Celtic fans getting on their high horse won’t change that

Fair enough but the discussion was about being on here and tbh I find the average Celtic poster on here has more general interest in Scottish football than the usual Celtic fan. 

10 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

But you are making the point on here so it shouldn’t be a surprise to you that you are challenged on it 

Edited by Jinky67

4 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

I’m not Willy no, not sure how you’ve reached that opinion.

It wasn't an opinion M8 it was a question, I think most fans on here have a passing interest in the game in Scotland,pie & Bovril gets the views from different fan-bases that's it's charm.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Fair enough but the discussion was about being on here and tbh I find the average Celtic poster on here has more general interest in Scottish football than the usual Celtic fan. 

1 minute ago, wastecoatwilly said:

It wasn't an opinion M8 it was a question, I think most fans on here have a passing interest in the game in Scotland,pie & Bovril gets the views from different fan-bases that's it's charm.

Exactly, the small sample size of you guys who post on here do not represent the majority of old firm fans. You likely have more of an interest in the rest of us, but those who do make the types of comments I referred to are tone deaf.

One of you also said it isn’t something that’s played up by the media, i regularly hear the “pundits” on sportsound spew out things like “Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs have a responsibility to put pressure on the old firm” or words along those lines.

6 minutes ago, GreenGray said:

Exactly, the small sample size of you guys who post on here do not represent the majority of old firm fans. You likely have more of an interest in the rest of us, but those who do make the types of comments I referred to are tone deaf.

One of you also said it isn’t something that’s played up by the media, i regularly hear the “pundits” on sportsound spew out things like “Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs have a responsibility to put pressure on the old firm” or words along those lines.

I think Jinky is right thou if we go on to other threads we get told to feck off so the perception is wrong from you diddies, I've got no problem with you jumping in here.

While I see valid points in the discussion that Rangers and Celtic fans have no interest or knowledge of the other 10 Premiership clubs, the media have a lot to do with this. Pick up any paper, listen to any radio show or watch any TV programme on Scottish football and 90% of the coverage will be about Rangers and Celtic. We get to see Rangers and Celtic on the TV every other Sunday, if we choose to tune in, I've stopped doing so, genuinely more interested in watching the Friday night championship offering. 

I think the most damning thing about it all is that because the rest of us are all so tightly packed that you'd almost rather see Rangers and Celtic pick up their routine 3 points rather than risk an 'actual rival' gain an unexpected bonus on you. I used to revel in either of them dropping points but when Hearts go to Parkhead, I'd almost rather Celtic win. (cue Hearts fans telling me that Aberdeen and Hearts are not rivals this season.)

10 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I think the most damning thing about it all is that because the rest of us are all so tightly packed that you'd almost rather see Rangers and Celtic pick up their routine 3 points rather than risk an 'actual rival' gain an unexpected bonus on you. I used to revel in either of them dropping points but when Hearts go to Parkhead, I'd almost rather Celtic win. (cue Hearts fans telling me that Aberdeen and Hearts are not rivals this season.)

This is spot on. Apart from when they're playing teams down at the very bottom of the league, I want the OF to win every week. A rival beating them is a disaster, as it's three points you probably won't make up.

10 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

To enjoy doing something then there has to be a level of interest. However at the risk of repeating myself this doesn’t sound like a very effective plan if it’s to ridicule us into submission or you are just bad at it.

As ever with Old Firm fans it's always all about you. But the rather boring truth of it is that you are ridiculed on here because a)it is extremely easy, b) we enjoy it.  It is neither a plan nor a strategy.  You are welcome to submit, resist, jump up and down and wave you're knickers in the air, ignore or ridicule in turn. I , for one, have no real interest in the opinion of those who support the Old Firm on matters concerning the Old Firm. On everything else I'm all ears. 

27 minutes ago, kennie makevin said:

As ever with Old Firm fans it's always all about you. But the rather boring truth of it is that you are ridiculed on here because a)it is extremely easy, b) we enjoy it.  It is neither a plan nor a strategy.  You are welcome to submit, resist, jump up and down and wave your knickers in the air, ignore or ridicule in turn. I , for one, have no real interest in the opinion of those who support the Old Firm on matters concerning the Old Firm. On everything else I'm all ears. 

Firstly Kennie you have neither the talent of wit to ridicule anyone on here especially when almost every post of yours is about Celtic in fact I’d go as far as saying it’s your only interest ya fecking moonfruit 

I disagree with @VincentGuerin and think that OF fans have as much a place on here as anyone else. They're part of Scottish football culture although their experience of it is completely different from most of ours. 

It would probably be better for the world in general if more OF fans took an interest in the whole of Scottish football and not fewer. It wouldn't help the "forum experience" any, but there's still the tit for tat pen they can be held in if needed.