The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

35 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Should be pointed out again that Pauline McNeill, Labour MSP and their justice spokesperson, follows ‘End Wokeness’ on twitter

The sensible moderates among the British nationalists/unionists know well that there's a large fascist contingent to their movement. They don't ever oppose it, most remain silent and some - like Pauline McNeill there - encourage it. This is because the sensible moderates recognise the utility of their fascist fellow travellers. They know the never ending torrent of sexist insults directed at Mhairi Black gets to her and plays a role in her stepping away from politics. They know the racists' fixation with Humza Yousaf, which is now an international anglosphere coalition of racists, distracts him from doing his job. With Iona Fyfe, someone none of us would've otherwise heard of had she not been targeted, the sensible moderates will stick the boot in on her rather than criticise the fascists hounding her. 

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I think it is long passed the time we deal with all billionaires. You don't become a billionaire without exploiting people.

Where's my pitchfork?

joel mchale pitchfork GIF by NETFLIX

Can't be @rsed looking for it, but some bloke in Game of Thrones was speaking to the Diana Rigg's character said something like "we are the many and you are the few. What happens when the many stop being afraid of the few?" 

Of course, the bloke and all his pals died in a massive explosion not much later on, but he made a fair point at the time.

24 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Can't be @rsed looking for it, but some bloke in Game of Thrones was speaking to the Diana Rigg's character said something like "we are the many and you are the few. What happens when the many stop being afraid of the few?" 

Of course, the bloke and all his pals died in a massive explosion not much later on, but he made a fair point at the time.

It was the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce) if memory serves.

It is true, the whole system was designed by the 1% and they just get richer and richer. At some point the rest of us are going to go "WTAF". I have my torch and pitchfork on standby. 

6 hours ago, Trogdor said:

It was the High Sparrow (Jonathan Pryce) if memory serves.

It is true, the whole system was designed by the 1% and they just get richer and richer. At some point the rest of us are going to go "WTAF". I have my torch and pitchfork on standby. 

The Russians did it once ...

10 hours ago, itzdrk said:

It did not read this way so I am glad you had the opportunity to clarify! 

Point I was trying to make is if the second home changes do go ahead it will be seized upon by the opposition parties regardless after HY announced a "freeze". Something that should be reasonably well received by most folk (except 2nd home owners obviously but f**k em) will be weaponized. It's a nonsense position to have put themselves in.

Edited by Billy Jean King

Seems the poor b*****d can't catch a break.

The deleted WhatsApp saga will go on forever.

And I don't want to hear a deflection about the same shit happening down South. I have never trusted those c***s. I used to think we were better and we made a thing about being more transparent.  That's obviously been shown numerous times to be untrue. This just being the latest example. Even if you believe them that government business was not conducted over WhatsApp, it simply looks dodgy that they've been deleted and raises suspicion of cover up.

44 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

And I don't want to hear a deflection about the same shit happening down South. I have never trusted those c***s. I used to think we were better and we made a thing about being more transparent.  That's obviously been shown numerous times to be untrue. This just being the latest example. Even if you believe them that government business was not conducted over WhatsApp, it simply looks dodgy that they've been deleted and raises suspicion of cover up.

All politicians are c***s. It's in their dna. Holyrood should be better than Westminster and not just a little less shit. That's one of the main reasons the SNP are suffering and the movement isn't.

The Scottish Government in recent years is more opaque than transparent. There are numerous examples of obfuscation and redactions to the point of making disclosure meaningless.

11 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

All politicians are c***s. It's in their dna. Holyrood should be better than Westminster and not just a little less shit. That's one of the main reasons the SNP are suffering and the movement isn't.

The Scottish Government in recent years is more opaque than transparent. There are numerous examples of obfuscation and redactions to the point of making disclosure meaningless.

It's an uncomfortable truth that Alex Salmond retains far and away the most coherent and impressive intellect in Scottish domestic politics, and whilst his career downfall was undeniably self-inflicted, the mendacious way he was hung out to dry by Nicola Sturgeon and the SNP machine came at a huge cost to the party in terms of its public perception.

And once that happens it is extremely difficult to recover the situation, if at all, no matter who assumes the leadership.

16 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Rather than all politicians being c***s, I think a big problem is when any one party has been in power for too long. They get entitled, they get sloppy, and they usually run out of ideas. Due to the fact they've been in power so long, mistakes begin to pile up. Rather than own these mistakes, the SNP have - as you say - obfuscated and tried to hide things.

And I don't think they have many (any?) with real political talent that is required to turn round their demise at the minute. Mairi McAllan seems their best long term hope for me, but they are currently relying on being less shit that other parties.

Edited by houston_bud

17 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I think many of us held the SNP to a higher standard and we were right to do so.  I always felt Sturgeon was head and shoulders above any other elected leaders in British politics and am both surprised and saddened by her demise.  Now the SNP is a mess and it will take time, effort and the right people to put the Party back on the right path; not sure how long that’s going to take.

It may well take five years of a Tory-Lite Labour government for the people of Scotland once again to realise there must be a better way.

One of the most disappointing things since Sturgeon’s resignation and the debacle of the investigation is the decision of Mhairi Black to step down at the next election.  I understand her reasons for doing so however I believes she is someone who could have played a pivotal role in taking the Party and the Independence cause forward.

• 2 weeks later...

Same answer to 3 questions in a row, really tedious, as is his constant referring to England and the Tory boys. Thought Sturgeon was arrogant but he certainly takes the biscuit.  He need to wise up that people are interested in what he is doing for Scotland and less how he thinks the English government is worse.

Yousaf is certainly having some week:

Doesn't 'know' when the Scot govt were asked to hand over WhatsApp messages (or indeed which ones were deleted)

Is all for a demo on Remembrance weekend 

Hands 750k of public money to a group which backs Hamas

Is still in knots over the Council Tax Freeze and 2nd Homes

Defends his Health Secretary racking up an 11K bill on his I-pad with public money.

What's he going to do next for an encore?

1 hour ago, Jedi2 said:

Yousaf is certainly having some week:

Doesn't 'know' when the Scot govt were asked to hand over WhatsApp messages (or indeed which ones were deleted)

Is all for a demo on Remembrance weekend 

Hands 750k of public money to a group which backs Hamas

Is still in knots over the Council Tax Freeze and 2nd Homes

Defends his Health Secretary racking up an 11K bill on his I-pad with public money.

What's he going to do next for an encore?

Maybe he'll give us another racist speech against 96% of the country's citizens.

32 minutes ago, Ziggy Sobotka said:

Good to see Jedi's latest account is going to be as embarrassing as his last one.

A demo on 'Remembrance Weekend', won't someone please think of the children.

For 'embarrassing' check under Yousaf's 'running' of Scotland so far.