The Very Meh Humza Yousaf Thread.

Ludo*1

18 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

When you say you’re ‘hearing’ I’m assuming these are the voices in your head?

No surprise to read that you're using schizophrenia for a cheap shot. How very inclusive of you.

1 minute ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

A wee typo diverts the conversation, you must have a very dense funny bone.

It was your inability to spot the typo even after I pointed it out that has diverted things.  And I don’t have a funny bone, even though you do get on my nerves.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

It was your inability to spot the typo even after I pointed it out that has diverted things.  And I don’t have a funny bone, even though you do get on my nerves.

There is a plot here, I'm sure I'm the only one that isn't lost.

40 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

When you say you’re ‘hearing’ I’m assuming these are the voices in your head?

Far from it! 

This is grumblings from ground level and one that I am uncomfortable with.

Politically, apparently, there is disquiet with his FMQ's, but given Nicolas assertiveness that is understandable.

The central belt, from day one, did not want him in the post I'm told and they wanted Forbes.

And I thought we were moving towards a more progressive Scotland.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Far from it! 

This is grumblings from ground level and one that I am uncomfortable with.

Politically, apparently, there is disquiet with his FMQ's, but given Nicolas assertiveness that is understandable.

The central belt, from day one, did not want him in the post I'm told and they wanted Forbes.

And I thought we were moving towards a more progressive Scotland.

Sorry Sandy but your ‘grumbling from ground level’ are not a valid source any more than mines would be.  Could what your suggesting happen?  Of course it could as could a hundred other scenarios.

The SNP, and the Independence movement alongside it, are going through a rough time at present but has the full potential to bounce back.  It won’t be quick but once all the folk in Scotland who vote Labour at the next GE realise that Starmerism is not going to improve their lot then sufficient number will revert to pro Indy parties particularly the SNP.

The election of Forbes would be a different thing altogether.  An existential threat that would negate our ability to offer ourselves as an alternative to the Tories.  I think there’s far more chance of the right-wing zealots getting kicked out of the party than taking it over.

9 hours ago, ScotiaNostra said:

The SNP are a shambles and it seems to be getting worse, to be fair to Humza though even though I havent been that impressed with him in the past. I think hes handled himself and recent events very well. I said in past I would still give him the benefit of the doubt when he became the leader, maybe he will surprise me.

If by recent events you mean the war between Israel and Hamas then I agree. His messaging and actions have been far more appropriate and nuanced than any other head of government in the Western world. And hopefully his extended family will come through it okay too. 

Doesn't change the reality that his overall tenure has been gubbins, but in terms of what he can control in the last week it's been a net positive.

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Sorry Sandy but your ‘grumbling from ground level’ are not a valid source any more than mines would be.  Could what your suggesting happen?  Of course it could as could a hundred other scenarios.

The SNP, and the Independence movement alongside it, are going through a rough time at present but has the full potential to bounce back.  It won’t be quick but once all the folk in Scotland who vote Labour at the next GE realise that Starmerism is not going to improve their lot then sufficient number will revert to pro Indy parties particularly the SNP.

The election of Forbes would be a different thing altogether.  An existential threat that would negate our ability to offer ourselves as an alternative to the Tories.  I think there’s far more chance of the right-wing zealots getting kicked out of the party than taking it over.

When he was first elected two long standing members like myself told me that they had encountered people who were firmly against him, I dismissed that as just political annoyance at possibly a favourite was not elected, but this has continued.

As for Kate Forbes her views clash with mine but I have to admit she is a very capable politician.

Edited by SandyCromarty

5 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Were we? I must have missed that. Who in their right mind would say something like that?

Given the SNP have never tipped the 50% threshold at a GE ever.

Even in 2015, the night of long sgian dubhs they didn't quite reach 50% (they weren't far off it though - 49.97%).

As such, it seems unlikely that anyone was proclaiming that Humza could get the SNP there. 

On 14/10/2023 at 17:28, Granny Danger said:

Says the guy who voted for the most right wing political change that this country has ever been subjected to?

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Says the guy who voted for the most right wing political change that this country has ever been subjected to?

Why is there a question mark at the end of that sentence?

Humza now saying that a majority of seats for the SNP at the next general election will trigger an independence referendum.

Only problem is, it won’t. Yet again the SNP are making the rules up when they know fine well that whoever is PM after the election will just say no.

I want someone to ask Humza what his next move is when the PM says no again. 

Just now, Donathan said:

Humza now saying that a majority of seats for the SNP at the next general election will trigger an independence referendum.

Only problem is, it won’t. Yet again the SNP are making the rules up when they know fine well that whoever is PM after the election will just say no.

I want someone to ask Humza what his next move is when the PM says no again. 

I want someone to ask Keith Starmer why he’s in the Labour Party but that’s not going to happen either.