Airdrie Vs The Bairns

1 hour ago, Ballboy said:

Can't really complain with the end result.   Missed penalty,  midfield slow in passing forward,  mcgill wrong decisions in good positions.  Overall a poor performance.   

Falkirk definitely a different than last year.  Seemed to have a spare man out wide all afternoon.  Created more today than the last 5 times we played them. 

Naismith is a contender for the best player in the league and was excellent today but I'm sure when he sees the replay of him getting bumped from the side and throwing himself on the deck holding his face he himself will see how much of a fanny he looks.  Hope his manager speaks to him about that.   

On to mextweek in our quest to lose the play off final as usual. 

You're surely not meaning the incident where McCabe lifted his hands and pushed him in the face?

31 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

You're surely not meaning the incident where McCabe lifted his hands and pushed him in the face?

Watch it back on the highlights.   

It says it all when none of his team mates reacted.   The only one Watson to tell him to get up.  It happened right infront of his manager who didn't complain.   As soon as he realised the ref did buy it he was straight up.    He was bumped yes.  On the shoulder.  No need for the need to react like he'd been hit wae a brick.  But to be fair he does look like it.

Edited by Ballboy

9 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

It says it all when none of his team mates reacted.   The only one Watson to tell him to get up.  It happened right infront of his manager who didn't complain.   As soon as he realised the ref did buy it he was straight up.    He was bumped yes.  On the shoulder.  No need for the need to react like he'd been hit wae a brick.  But to be fair he does look like it.

He maybe looks like it. He also slotted 2 against your bottle merchants. 

Up. Ye. 

16 minutes ago, Ballboy said:

Whilst it obviously wasn't enough for Kennedy to go down the way he did it was stupidity from Mccabe lifting his hands like that, thought the referee handled the situation well. Similarly in the first half there was the Mccabe & Henderson 50/50 where Mccabe was doing his fair share of rolling about too.

Edited by FFC 1876

Just watched the highlights.  Some thoughts:

- Airdries goal prob isn’t offside- it’s a well timed run (and very well executed lob), and looks like he just about managed to stay level when it was flicked on

- it did however look like a clear penalty for handball.  If nothing else, the slightly embarrassed reaction of the Airdrie player gives it away!

- Donaldson looks to have been involved at a few of the attacking moves.  I definitely think distribution and passing into space is one of his strengths

- I don’t understand why we’re playing Wright ahead of Burrell.  I’m certain we’d have scored two more if Burrell had been on the park.  The move where Morrison takes on several defenders was great, but at no point can he pass to Wright cos the daft p***k was running offside the entire time. 

Looked like a really good game.

5 hours ago, Disco Duck said:

Just watched the highlights.  Some thoughts:

- Airdries goal prob isn’t offside- it’s a well timed run (and very well executed lob), and looks like he just about managed to stay level when it was flicked on

- it did however look like a clear penalty for handball.  If nothing else, the slightly embarrassed reaction of the Airdrie player gives it away!

- Donaldson looks to have been involved at a few of the attacking moves.  I definitely think distribution and passing into space is one of his strengths

- I don’t understand why we’re playing Wright ahead of Burrell.  I’m certain we’d have scored two more if Burrell had been on the park.  The move where Morrison takes on several defenders was great, but at no point can he pass to Wright cos the daft p***k was running offside the entire time. 

Looked like a really good game.

Wright's build up play yesterday was very good when he came on to be fair to him which is why I think McGlynn's favouring him to Allan or Burrell. I'm hoping it's just a case of him notching his first goal like Alegria as that one he missed yesterday was brutal. 

Thought Falkirk deserved there win yesterday based on 2nd half performance, our defence is an absolute car crash and yet again has killed us in this game. Thought the ref actually had a good game which is weird for this league. Actually think Falkirk look better than Dunfermline at present time but have probably left it too late to start playing there best football of the season bit like us last year.

Also that Falkirk tv commentator gives the rangers tv one a run for his money in being the worst commentator in the country, what a hard listen he is🤣

Didn't realise there was an orange walk on yesterday hence the piss poor attendance in the home stand.

Pitch was an absolute disgrace.

Airdrie underestimated the size of support Falkirk would bring , barriered off area had to be opened when will they learn.

Bairns could have scored more .

Charlie Telfer hides when the going gets tough. Seen this movie before.

Home attendance glued to their tvs today to see their real team. ..after they've sniffed the glue. 

3 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Didn't realise there was an orange walk on yesterday hence the piss poor attendance in the home stand.

Airdrie underestimated the size of support Falkirk would bring , barriered off area had to be opened when will they learn.

Home attendance glued to their tvs today to see their real team. ..after they've sniffed the glue. 

Apparently 978 in Falkirk stand yesterday,  looked a wee bit more, no need to open another section, plenty seats at back of other sections.....  Good support 😏😏. Thanks for the Navy blue pound,   would think Dunfermline will bring more on there next visit to the Excelsior,  they could probably win the title that day..

43 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Apparently 978 in Falkirk stand yesterday,  looked a wee bit more, no need to open another section, plenty seats at back of other sections.....  Good support 😏😏. Thanks for the Navy blue pound,   would think Dunfermline will bring more on there next visit to the Excelsior,  they could probably win the title that day..

'Apparently ' Clydebank are ' probably called Airdrie now

Edited by Syd Puddefoot

59 minutes ago, Passionate said:

The stewards wouldn't allow us to sit in the back two rows for some unfathomable reason. I'd be interested to know why that was/

12 hours ago, Ballboy said:

I'm assuming you mean the Airdrie highlights? How did you managed to view those so soon after the end of the game? The Falkirk highlights clearly show McCabe lifting his hands and pushing Kennedy in the face. Should Kennedy have reacted like that? Probably not, but when have you ever seen a player walk quietly away when he's been pushed in the face?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and wait to see the Airdrie highlights on the off chance that they don't give as clear a view, however, he was most definitely not 'bumped on the shoulder'.

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

54 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

'Apparently ' Clydebank are ' probably called Airdrie now

You ok mate?

3 minutes ago, DiamondT said:

McGlynn actually shouted at him to get up as well. It was embarrassing for him. 

Every single player on that park would have hit the deck in that exact same situation. Including your manager. I have no doubt about that.

2 hours ago, DiamondT said:

McGlynn actually shouted at him to get up as well. It was embarrassing for him. 

By the letter of the law (unless it's been changed) McCabe should have been sent off whether Kennedy went down or not. I think the embarrassment should really lie at your manager's door, not ours.