Aberdeen v Livi

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Stick to shagging sheep.

Get back to your roundabouts and pipe down.

As for the game, enjoyed that.   It was bitterly cold, it was Livingston - but keeping things relatively simple and playing the way you're facing at the back, sprinkled with a wee bit of stardust (at this level) in the forward areas - well it could just be a successful way forward for us.  

Who'd have thought it?

No complaints about the result, not sure if it’s been mentioned but a group of 20 or so aberdeen fans assaulting multiple livi fans really soured this day (even further). Multiple instances of young teens and adults on their own or just in pairs jumped approaching the stadium by a big group of dons “hard men”, was even seen by stewards who did nothing to stop it. Assuming it’ll just be a group of teens thinking their hard. Hoping aberdeen will come out and condemn this, I know the livi SLO is preparing a report for aberdeen. We’ve already got a small enough away support which wouldn’t cause trouble, and threat of being jumped for simply walking to the away end certainly won’t help our numbers. 

7 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

No complaints about the result, not sure if it’s been mentioned but a group of 20 or so aberdeen fans assaulting multiple livi fans really soured this day (even further). Multiple instances of young teens and adults on their own or just in pairs jumped approaching the stadium by a big group of dons “hard men”, was even seen by stewards who did nothing to stop it. Assuming it’ll just be a group of teens thinking their hard. Hoping aberdeen will come out and condemn this, I know the livi SLO is preparing a report for aberdeen. We’ve already got a small enough away support which wouldn’t cause trouble, and threat of being jumped for simply walking to the away end certainly won’t help our numbers. 

I did hear some sirens going off before the game and wondered what was going on?

Given Livingston are probably the 5th best supported club in Livingston, and generally a sound bunch as a consequence, it really is surprising to hear of any of our lot doing this.  Feels extremely unnecessary.

9 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Get back to your roundabouts and pipe down.

As for the game, enjoyed that.   It was bitterly cold, it was Livingston - but keeping things relatively simple and playing the way you're facing at the back, sprinkled with a wee bit of stardust (at this level) in the forward areas - well it could just be a successful way forward for us.  

Who'd have thought it?

Thought it was Circles up your way, or is that just a Dundee thing?

3 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

There's little stewards can do in instances like that. They're just workers without any authority. Police would've been needed. That's shite to hear about.

19 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Teens who are all wearing black jackets if I had to hazard a guess.

32 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Teens who are all wearing black jackets if I had to hazard a guess.

Wasn’t at the game on Saturday, but at the previous home match against Motherwell when I was walking towards the RDS past the Main Stand there were about 20 little guys dressed in black heading up Pittodrie Street being followed by some stewards. Possibly the same senario as with the Livi fans. Pathetic.

16 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

There's little stewards can do in instances like that. They're just workers without any authority. Police would've been needed. That's shite to hear about.

Stewards have the same rights as the rest of us in as much as they can stop a crime from being committed but force must be minimal and justifiable. However two stewards against 20 neds; I know who my money would be on. Best case scenario is they'd run away and cause trouble elsewhere.

When I worked in Aberdeen in the nineties; the only real trouble that ever occurred after a game was on King Street I think; at that was only for certain games.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Wasn’t at the game on Saturday, but at the previous home match against Motherwell when I was walking towards the RDS past the Main Stand there were about 20 little guys dressed in black heading up Pittodrie Street being followed by some stewards. Possibly the same senario as with the Livi fans. Pathetic.

To be fair, they are generally the same bunch responsible for making our 'matchday experience' a lot more enjoyable by more often than not putting some noise and colour into the occasion.

I bumped into a whole load of them whilst coming out of the shop in King Street before one of the midweek games, and I'm not sure many are even at puberty stage yet. Maybe targetting a couple of stray Livi fans (with numbers in their favour) is about their level in terms of the rough and tough stuff.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

To be fair, they are generally the same bunch responsible for making our 'matchday experience' a lot more enjoyable by more often than not putting some noise and colour into the occasion.

I bumped into a whole load of them whilst coming out of the shop in King Street before one of the midweek games, and I'm not sure many are even at puberty stage yet. Maybe targetting a couple of stray Livi fans (with numbers in their favour) is about their level in terms of the rough and tough stuff.

I heard an older Aberdeen fan was punched in the face at Snake Mountain for having the audacity to ask them to stop vandalising the toilet.

Even though they create an atmosphere, these little fannies are going to get braver as time goes on.

With Covid and not qualifying, they won't have done a European trip yet but they might be for a nasty shock once they're cut from their Pittodrie and surrounds umbilical cord.

And this all black get up is synonymous with fascism. They probably aren't aware but we'll see if they develop over the next couple of years both in their aggression and politically.

4 minutes ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I heard an older Aberdeen fan was punched in the face at Snake Mountain for having the audacity to ask them to stop vandalising the toilet.

Even though they create an atmosphere, these little fannies are going to get braver as time goes on.

With Covid and not qualifying, they won't have done a European trip yet but they might be for a nasty shock once they're cut from their Pittodrie and surrounds umbilical cord.

And this all black get up is synonymous with fascism. They probably aren't aware but we'll see if they develop over the next couple of years both in their aggression and politically.

I get that they help create an atmosphere but they can’t be allowed to also create trouble outside the ground. The “all black” thing is being picked up by every club’s burgeoning wee fanny brigade, noticed Hearts at Motherwell as the newest ones I’ve seen.

Unfortunately with almost sixty years of observing these so called teams they seem to fall into two groups; one being a group of mates possibly from the same school or club who are used to hanging around together and have collective support. After a while these groups dissipate as some leave for further education; custodial sentence; or simply start to get interested in girls etc. 

What is left is a handful of misfits that don't easily fit into any other groups. When I worked in London I saw this in action with Millwall and the difference between "F Troop" and "Treatment". F-Troop were the real kids but ther were loads of them and they went round in gangs. Treatment were the real mutants; odious individuals; th lowest of the human race.

I remember some of the utter stupidity of the 70's. Having attended Billy Bonds testimonial "friendly" game of West Ham v Spurs; walking down the main street followed by about thirty thousand West Ham supporters walking down the middle of the Road; shouting and thumping on the top of cars; when we were passed by not much more than a dozen spurs skinheads. With shouts of "There they arrrrr" sprinted right past us in the direction of the West Ham mob.

Its difficult to understand the mentality of these boys; "hard" perhaps but almost certainly ending up in hospital.

I can't help wondering what the teeny hardmen on Saturday would have done in such a situation?

The first group are going o happen from time to time but can be quickly stamped out; the second group are not so easy to control.

5 hours ago, Durnford said:

Unfortunately with almost sixty years of observing these so called teams they seem to fall into two groups; one being a group of mates possibly from the same school or club who are used to hanging around together and have collective support. After a while these groups dissipate as some leave for further education; custodial sentence; or simply start to get interested in girls etc. 

What is left is a handful of misfits that don't easily fit into any other groups. When I worked in London I saw this in action with Millwall and the difference between "F Troop" and "Treatment". F-Troop were the real kids but ther were loads of them and they went round in gangs. Treatment were the real mutants; odious individuals; th lowest of the human race.

I remember some of the utter stupidity of the 70's. Having attended Billy Bonds testimonial "friendly" game of West Ham v Spurs; walking down the main street followed by about thirty thousand West Ham supporters walking down the middle of the Road; shouting and thumping on the top of cars; when we were passed by not much more than a dozen spurs skinheads. With shouts of "There they arrrrr" sprinted right past us in the direction of the West Ham mob.

Its difficult to understand the mentality of these boys; "hard" perhaps but almost certainly ending up in hospital.

I can't help wondering what the teeny hardmen on Saturday would have done in such a situation?

The first group are going o happen from time to time but can be quickly stamped out; the second group are not so easy to control.

It's difficult to take these new black clad youth groups that are associating themselves to various teams particularly seriously when you compare them with the lowlifes that populated the terraces in the past particularly in the 1970s and 1980s.

However, you would imagine that at some point a more serious incident is going to occur which might either nip it in the bud or escalate things.

If we take the Aberdeen lot in particular, I haven't really seen them at close quarters so I don't know if they're viewing themselves as a fighting force or more of a European-style ultra group. They probably don't know themselves.

I was in Kidderminster when West Ham played there last season, and Southampton in the following round, and they continue to have Met Police Officers following them on their travels.

Have you seen this 1977 Panorama edition about Millwall's F-Troop and Treatment?

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

The “all black” thing is being picked up by every club’s burgeoning wee fanny brigade, noticed Hearts at Motherwell as the newest ones I’ve seen.

I often wondered why this was, if it was a fashion statement or something like that until it was explained to me that it's to make it harder for police/stewards/cctv to distinguish them from one another so they're harder to identify. Basically, they know they are going to be causing bother so take steps to mitigate their chances of being nicked.