Wrocław anyone?

Arch Stanton

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Going over to Wrocław next month for 3 nights (only £38 return direct from Paisley, would be rude not to).

Anyone been got any tips for pubs, restaurants, sightseeing?

Yes, we've been going regularly for the past 10 years or so, it's a very nice City surrounded by canals with a huge square full of nice bars and restaurants, there's also a smaller square just behind the main square with a couple of good Bars and Restaurants also.

There's basically something to suit all tastes but if you're looking for a nice meal with a good atmosphere then I'd recommend Whisky in a Jar, it's a bit like a cross between Miller and Carter and TGI's but better and also has live bands playing quite often at night. Food is good and pretty reasonable for what you get. You'll find it on the main square. There's a good wee Irish bar in the smaller square behind the main one which has Rock bands on at night and is also a good place to watch the Football / Rugby etc in a friendly atmosphere with all the locals.

I've stayed in the Park Plaza, Radisson, Hilton, Mercure and also the Novotel (which is a bit out from the City Centre) but all are excellent Hotels and in good locations.

There's a really good indoor market for exploring which sells virtually everything and lots of nice river walks if you want to get away from the Square.

Airport is only a couple of miles from the City Centre and all in all it's just a great place with some really good nightlife into the bargain.

Enjoy !!

Edited by WATTOO

18 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, we've been going regularly for the past 10 years or so, it's a very nice City surrounded by canals with a huge square full of nice bars and restaurants, there's also a smaller square just behind the main square with a couple of good Bars and Restaurants also.

There's basically something to suit all tastes but if you're looking for a nice meal with a good atmosphere then I'd recommend Whisky in a Jar, it's a bit like a cross between Miller and Carter and TGI's but better and also has live bands playing quite often at night. Food is good and pretty reasonable for what you get. You'll find it on the main square. There's a good wee Irish bar in the smaller square behind the main one which has Rock bands on at night and is also a good place to watch the Football / Rugby etc in a friendly atmosphere with all the locals.

I've stayed in the Park Plaza, Radisson, Hilton, Mercure and also the Novotel (which is a bit out from the City Centre) but all are excellent Hotels and in good locations.

There's a really good indoor market for exploring which sells virtually everything and lots of nice river walks if you want to get away from the Square.

Airport is only a couple of miles from the City Centre and all in all it's just a great place with some really good nightlife into the bargain.

Enjoy !!

That's all very well but next time find me a cheap non-international chain hotel in the old town. :rolleyes:

Went in 2019 and panning to go back soon. Lovely city. Stunning to look at as well right in the heart of it.

Whiskey in the Jar I agree with Wattoo over. There's plenty of nightlife in Rynek Square to keep you going.

If you head South about half a mile from Rynek, there's a bar street under the train station that is good for a crawl if you're into that type of thing as well.

As for sightseeing, I got a kick out of seeing the little gnome statues dotted all over the city. Thought it was a brilliant and charming addition and definitely 100% didn't nearly trip over one of them and go on my face when pished.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Went in 2019 and panning to go back soon. Lovely city. Stunning to look at as well right in the heart of it.

Whiskey in the Jar I agree with Wattoo over. There's plenty of nightlife in Rynek Square to keep you going.

If you head South about half a mile from Rynek, there's a bar street under the train station that is good for a crawl if you're into that type of thing as well.

As for sightseeing, I got a kick out of seeing the little gnome statues dotted all over the city. Thought it was a brilliant and charming addition and definitely 100% didn't nearly trip over one of them and go on my face when pished.

I found a website wroclawguide.com which mentions that, 25 bars and restaurants built into the railway arches.

I will also 100% try not to trip over any gnomes.

Once had to introduce someone from Wroclaw to an audience of 100 people after my colleague on the podium pointed to it with a look of complete panic and abruptly handed over the duties to me. No time to do a quick google search and narrowly resisted the urge to say "...from the city in Poland formerly known as Breslau" because Poles are liable to flip their lid if you do something like that. Was later told I was not too far off until I reached the final w.