Ross County -1 vs Dundee United -1

4 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

If County stay up, I’m sure we’ll be throwing the boat at him.   Simon Murray can take a running jump back to Queens Park, because he’s nowhere near the player.  

There’s no chance County can afford him though.

You’re spot on.  If I recall correctly, all bar 2 of Simon Murray’s goals this season have came against teams in the lower half of the Championship and that is playing with a team that is top of the Championship. In fact think 5 of those goals came against Cove.  I don’t think that’s a coincidence.  He is a physically strong player with plenty of energy but better defenders can easily mark him out the game.

I hope Ross County stay up but I don’t think Simon Murray will be assisting your cause to any great extent.

I thought we were very good yesterday, United are as good as down. Fletcher the only player who got pass marks imo.

The front three of Dhanda, Brophy and White is exactly what we've needed for a while. Brophy is exactly the striker White needs next to him and vice versa.

We changed to a back 4 as United went 4-3-3 so we weren't left short at the back and played White as the deep lying forward with Dhanda off the left and it worked a treat. If Dhanda doesn't end up at a Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen next year I'll be massively surprised.

Also maybe we shouldn't have laughed at St Johnstone for wanting to spend money on White cause he is the absolute boy btw.

2 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

I thought we were very good yesterday, United are as good as down. Fletcher the only player who got pass marks imo.

The front three of Dhanda, Brophy and White is exactly what we've needed for a while. Brophy is exactly the striker White needs next to him and vice versa.

We changed to a back 4 as United went 4-3-3 so we weren't left short at the back and played White as the deep lying forward with Dhanda off the left and it worked a treat. If Dhanda doesn't end up at a Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen next year I'll be massively surprised.

Also maybe we shouldn't have laughed at St Johnstone for wanting to spend money on White cause he is the absolute boy btw.

Yeah, all of a sudden with the correct support around him he looks like a decent striker. He is slow and lacks movement but put the ball into his head or his feet (like Dhanda and Brophy are capable of) and he will more often than not score.

17 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Yeah, all of a sudden with the correct support around him he looks like a decent striker. He is slow and lacks movement but put the ball into his head or his feet (like Dhanda and Brophy are capable of) and he will more often than not score.

It says a lot that we've had numerous strikers over the last three seasons and Jordan White always finds his way back into the starting 11. Criminally underrated by our fans I think.

On 26/02/2023 at 11:26, Comrie said:

Murray works hard and is a solid second tier player- much like Colin McMenamin when we first got promoted. Will run and work all day but it's just a step too far.

Not sure what you're basing that on, were you in attendance on Saturday?

He only had 20 mins, when we were already 4-0 up and taking our foot of the gass. As I said earlier in the thread, I thought he linked up well and was unlucky not to score, due to a top save by the DU keeper.

Just feel like the criticism of a new signing who's barely kicked a ball for us is way ott, but our support has previous for that 🤷🏼‍♂️

7 hours ago, staggy1929 said:

It says a lot that we've had numerous strikers over the last three seasons and Jordan White always finds his way back into the starting 11. Criminally underrated by our fans I think.

Ross Laidlaw has done the same.  I think he gets a rough time of things too.  He’s certainly a better keeper than that Australian guy at Charlton.