Killie vs ‘Well

Killie goal reminded me of the juggling that went on in Kirkaldy.

We created nothing in the first half, in the second we had more efforts but hit the keeper with every one.  The free kick was a surprise.

The equaliser was as good as three points for us, the difference between Killie being level on points or us maintaining the gap.

Biggest rid neck today was the celebration: players running in all directions! 

Much improvement required 😂

In all seriousness thought we were awful in the first half but much improved in the second.

What was going on with Cornelius today? Looked miles off it and is normally one of our most energetic players. 

1 hour ago, beesher said:

Biggest rid neck today was the celebration: players running in all directions! 

Much improvement required 😂

In all seriousness thought we were awful in the first half but much improved in the second.

What was going on with Cornelius today? Looked miles off it and is normally one of our most energetic players. 

I actually really like that celebration, the spontaneity suggests a genuine joy you don't necessarily have with coordination.

Can fully understand our 'never change a winning team' approach but when the emphasis is on the basics - ie work rate, organisation, discipline etc - you wonder if three games in 10 days has taken a toll when previously we were changing every week.

Slattery has arguably earned his shot next week but I'm not convinced I'm ready yet to return to the new unholy trinity midfield of him, Spittal and Goss just yet.

We were a long way off it first half. Had the better of the second half overall and think we were worthy of the equaliser. 

There should have been 7 or 8 minutes added on at full time, not 3. 

All in all it was a poor game of football with a flash of brilliance at the end. 

I notice the lights are on at RP most evenings, the pitch must be seeing a lot of use and it shows. It's really not fit to charge punters £25 to watch a game on. I know we done it ourselves for long enough, but what's with confining the away supporters to the top half of the stand?

6 minutes ago, gavin_3110 said:

I know we done it ourselves for long enough, but what's with confining the away supporters to the top half of the stand?

This is one of the many things about Scottish football that drives me daft. Collectively we're trying to market a product, make it look exciting, fun, passionate whatever and Killie, St J, Dundee United etc stick the away fans out of sight of the general cameras when they could put them in a prominent position on telly easily instead with no disruption to their own support. 

We did it as well long enough so I'm not really having a go at any of the clubs...but it's the sort of thing that will have marketing/brand people banging their head against the wall.

28 minutes ago, Handsome_Devil said:

This is one of the many things about Scottish football that drives me daft. Collectively we're trying to market a product, make it look exciting, fun, passionate whatever and Killie, St J, Dundee United etc stick the away fans out of sight of the general cameras when they could put them in a prominent position on telly easily instead with no disruption to their own support. 

We did it as well long enough so I'm not really having a go at any of the clubs...but it's the sort of thing that will have marketing/brand people banging their head against the wall.

The view is crap from there, though?

1 hour ago, ropy said:

What did Killie fans think was the impact of making those late subs?  The team/shape looked quite secure up till then.

We were out on our feet long before that, but our bench is rubbish so you're usually making the team worse when you change it.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Three different Motherwell players play at the ball in between our first header and him eventually coming back to play it.

There is a Killie player that touches it immediately before Van Veen and the Killie player is fully off the park.

There is one motherwell player also fully off the park and another on the goal line straddling the bye line. i have no idea if that makes the Killie player level or not.

2 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

There is a Killie player that touches it immediately before Van Veen and the Killie player is fully off the park.

There is one motherwell player also fully off the park and another on the goal line straddling the bye line. i have no idea if that makes the Killie player level or not.

I didn't actually notice that the first time, but nonetheless as soon as Van Veen deliberately plays the ball (his second touch, not his first), that plays him onside. The rule about players whose momentum takes them off the pitch is interesting - my understanding is that both the Killie player and the Motherwell player would count as being on the goalline for the purposes of offside, meaning that he'd be onside anyway, but I personally think that rule makes zero sense.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

I didn't actually notice that the first time, but nonetheless as soon as Van Veen deliberately plays the ball (his second touch, not his first), that plays him onside. The rule about players whose momentum takes them off the pitch is interesting - my understanding is that both the Killie player and the Motherwell player would count as being on the goalline for the purposes of offside, meaning that he'd be onside anyway, but I personally think that rule makes zero sense.

Never mind that, tell us more about why Slattery shouldn’t be allowed to play this month….

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

That is not true. He is controlling the ball and tackled by a player who is offside.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55814673

But referees group the Professional Game Match Officials Limited, rulemakers the International Football Association Board, and European governing body Uefa have since offered clarification on how such an incident should be interpreted in the future.

"Where a player in an offside position immediately impacts on an opponent who has deliberately played the ball, the match officials should prioritise challenging an opponent for the ball, and thus the offside offence of 'interfering with an opponent by impacting on the opponent's ability to play the ball' should be penalised."

So in this case Van Veen was immediately tackled so if the killie player was offside then the gaol should have been ruled out. But honestly IDK if the Killie player counts as offside. It isn't clear in the Laws as far as i can tell. Perhaps the SPFL/SFA need to seek clarification from IFAB.