Queens v Airdrie

10 hours ago, Mr November said:

I meant to mention this earlier but what is up with Ruari Paton? After the first goal, and a bit for the second too, he seemed to ignore all of his teammates celebrating and instead just walked slowly back while staring at Airdrie fans and talking to himself. I think he’s pals with Rico which maybe explains it but who knows. A good player but an odd character. 

Noticed that. I had just assumed he was given pelters at some point during the first half. He seems to enjoy that side of the game tbh. 

10 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Well known he was Rico's best mate and was really disappointed he left. He is only in it for himself and hoping of a move no interest to stay next year  but may not have an option as under 23 so may not have any option if club offer him a contract.

If that's a player who's "only in it for himself" then give me a side full of these selfish players. His attitude and workrate is about the best in the side. He's been given a thankless task the last couple of games and yet the effort and determination has never faltered. 

Decent finish from Hendrie tbf ... tucked it away well!

Good to see wee McKechnie get his goal and now getting a run in the side.

How did Logan do?  Decent prospect?  A work-in-progress?  One for next season perhaps?

4 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Decent finish from Hendrie tbf ... tucked it away well!

Good to see wee McKechnie get his goal and now getting a run in the side.

How did Logan do?  Decent prospect?  A work-in-progress?  One for next season perhaps?

Was very impressed with Logan for large spells in the second half (didn't get as good a look first tbh). He was composed on the ball, played some decent forward passes and was scared to get forward himself. When Airdrie brought a goal back that kind of faded for a while though. No idea if that's a tactical thing or a "here we go again" lack of confidence in the side. But there's definitely a player in there. Same with Brydon as I said earlier. The defence was actually pretty solid yesterday when I think back. Two sloppy individual errors cost us the goals again unfortunately. Cut them out and we might have a decent end to the season. Easier said than done of course. 

Just watched the goals.

Not sure what Hendrie was trying to do but clearly went horribly wrong. Although we gave the ball away prior to the cross.

Cracker from McKechnie, but the Airdrie defender who let it happen is hugely culpable. It’s the sort of non-defending we’ve being doing for years…..

Perplexed by comments re Paton, he busts a gut every game and never stops trying. Not convinced lone striker is his best position but he gives it his all anyway.

Happy with the performance and the points. Very nervy last 20 minutes, but that’s what it is to be a Queens fan.