Cove Rangers vs Dundee FC - 4/3/23

If Cove win this, can we take our old manager back, please?

In all seriousness, a massive reaction needed at a place where, until tonight, we suffered through our worst performance of the season.

Huge game. Need not only a win, but an inspirational performance as well to pick the fanbase up. Hard ask with the squad we have.

I just don't have any confidence we will go to Cove and get 3 points.

A good start would be not having Jordan fucking McGhee in midfield. Get Jakubiak up beside Robinson, get Kerr out the team and get Williamson in midfield alongside Maguire.

Every Dundee fan can see the glaringly obvious changes that are required. I know Bowyer is speccy but it's no excuse.

Any Dundee fan who's daft enough to be going to this*, there's roadworks at Stonehaven that added 20 minutes to my drive to Aberdeen on Monday and yesterday.

It might not be so bad on a weekend, but these things can be unpredictable so maybe better to leave a little earlier to be safe.

*I, personally, am daft. 

Edited by The Master

1 hour ago, Pens_Dark said:

I just don't have any confidence we will go to Cove and get 3 points.

A good start would be not having Jordan fucking McGhee in midfield. Get Jakubiak up beside Robinson, get Kerr out the team and get Williamson in midfield alongside Maguire.

Every Dundee fan can see the glaringly obvious changes that are required. I know Bowyer is speccy but it's no excuse.

McGuire can get tae , he’s no better than Grayson was and he was shit , strange how our form has dipped badly since the transfer window , only Robinson is an upgrade on what we already had 

1 hour ago, The Master said:

Anyone Dundee fan who's daft enough to be going to this*, there's roadworks at Stonehaven that added 20 minutes to my drive to Aberdeen on Monday and yesterday.

It might not be so bad on a weekend, but these things can be unpredictable so maybe better to leave a little earlier to be safe.

*I, personally, am daft. 

I was thinking of going but as I am a curmudgeon and can’t stand traffic jams I will now definitely stay at home.  First time I’ve been glad of potential traffic jams.

On a serious note, Ashcroft and Sweeney playing on a fast Astro pitch is giving me the fear.

I think the only hope we have is that when Hartley was in charge of us, we’d inevitably give a win to any team that was in need of one. 

But that’s probably a Dundee thing rather than being specific to any one manager. 

16 hours ago, The Master said:

I think the only hope we have is that when Hartley was in charge of us, we’d inevitably give a win to any team that was in need of one. 

But that’s probably a Dundee thing rather than being specific to any one manager. 

We'd truly welcome a sympathetic 3 points at this stage in our survival bid. We've chucked 5 points in our last 2 games with conceding late goals from winning positions.

Fully expect a response given Dundee's untimely blip over the last 5 games. 1 point from 9;  it can't be 1 from 12 or Bowyer's peg will be very shoogly and the title aspirations could be a distant dream.

The one win in the last 5 was when you swiped us aside at Dens in what was one of the most eye bleeding negative displays I've seen from a Cove side in years. That should give the away side some confidence and there will be some revenge wanted for the last fixture at Balmoral. 

We've strengthen a bit since the last match between the sides with the addition of MOH and Jackson Longridge should hopefully be solid enough / better than what we had currently. Supposedly missed out on various strikers and a midfielder on deadline day.

Dundee will be overwhelming favourites and rightly so. I suspect we'll be more offensive this time around but we need some solidarity at the back to get anything out of this.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

5 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Dundee will be overwhelming favourites and rightly so. 

They will be but they can be there for the taking if you get in their faces. They and their manager don’t look able to cope with that approach from what I’ve seen. If you go onto the pitch thinking “this is the mighty Dundee” then you’ll lose, if not they can look a bit lost, all looking to anyone apart from themselves to take responsibility. Big team mentally which is not really justified by their performances. On the other hand if Luke McCowan starts..............

McGhee Fisher Sweeney

Kerr ---------------- Clampin

Byrne Williamson

Mulligan

Robinson Jakubiak 

Ashcroft, McMullan, Anderson, McCowan, Cameron, Maguire, Hannant all on the bench for options.  

God there's some shite in this team.  

Edited by The Derry

Can't disagree with that line up. I'd maybe like to see McMullan coming instead of Mulligan and playing a flat 3 up front. 

McMullan has been pretty average lately but he can make things happen for us.

ETA: Cammy was absolutely shite on Tuesday and is probably worth getting dropped.

Edited by Pens_Dark