Kilmarnock visit Ibrox

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Where it was going doesn't matter. I can't have that as a handball, the arm is in a completely natural position for a player running back whilst jostling with an opponent for position. Neither of the decisions would have made a difference to the outcome, but we have not been having a great deal of luck with VAR in the last few matches.

I think where the ball is going does come into play given the distance it travelled. It comes from miles away and he had a long time to anticipate where the ball was going. It’s not as if it was blasted at him from a yard or two away.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

I think where the ball is going does come into play given the distance it travelled. It comes from miles away and he had a long time to anticipate where the ball was going. It’s not as if it was blasted at him from a yard or two away.

Goldson vs Hibs? 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

From the corner, handled in the box and not given. Week after the New Year game if memory serves 

We’ve not played Hibs since mid December, if that’s the one you’re referring to. If so, I can’t remember it.

5 hours ago, AJF said:

That's where the ball was coming from, not where it was going.

20 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That's where the ball was coming from, not where it was going.

I mean, the two are very closely linked. The ball comes from wide travelling into the box.

Killie defender has ample time to judge where the ball is heading and his arm stops it from running into the centre of the box where Colak is positioned.

Again, whether or not Colak is there is irrelevant to whether it is a foul. The fact it has travelled a long way is certainly a consideration, but I think being shite at judging the ball in the air is not, and certainly should not be sufficient for it to be a foul. He has clearly not thought "I'm going to run with my arm out here just in case that ball comes and hits it", but rather his arm is outstretched as a natural movement.

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

I mean, the two are very closely linked. The ball comes from wide travelling into the box.

Killie defender has ample time to judge where the ball is heading and his arm stops it from running into the centre of the box where Colak is positioned.

Ample time? He's literally got milliseconds to react after the ball passes Kent. And as Craig mentioned he's running so the arm is not in an unnatural position. 

7 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Ample time? He's literally got milliseconds to react after the ball passes Kent. And as Craig mentioned he's running so the arm is not in an unnatural position. 

I can appreciate that, to be fair. If he is expecting Kent to make contact with the ball and he subsequently doesn’t then the reaction time will obviously be minimal.

I suppose it’s then the referee’s judgement as to whether he could’ve anticipated the ball beating Kent and if he has positioned his arm in order to stop the ball should it do so.

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Everyone on that panel has doubt about that 🤣

Then I’d suggest they haven’t really paid attention to the footage available 

I can appreciate an argument to be made for it not being deliberate, but it absolutely hits his arm, no question.