Title race

On paper, it looks like Queen's Park have the more difficult run in but that means nothing in this league. Absolutely anyone can beat anyone in this league (except Cove).

There's no real 'form' team in the league. The form table just highlights the inconsistency across the division what with it only being a 2 point difference between the top 7 'form' teams in the league.

17 hours ago, TxRover said:

Going by the last four form…

Queen’s play 7, 9, 5, 8, 1 (Average 6)

Dundee play 3, 4, 8, 2, 10, 6 (Average 5.5)

Expand to last ten form…

Queen’s play 3, 6, 7, 8, 1 (Average 5)

Dundee play 5, 2, 8, 9, 10, 4 (Average 6.3)

So you can spin it both ways…but I see the last four form as more reflective of recent form. Queen’s are playing a deflated Ayr, a sinking Accies and a freshly stumbling Morton, plus hot Arbroath and Dundee. Dundee are playing hot Arbroath, Raith and ICT, stumbling Morton, pitiful Cove and a potential season decider vs Queen’s. Not sure what you see that makes Dundee’s run in clearly easier.

Let's see. 

16 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

If Raith win their games in hand they will be 1 point behind us. If Morton win theirs, they will be 2 points behind. If ICT win theirs it will be 3 for them. I would say they are all still in with a shout. I don’t know who those games in hand are against or when they catch up, but none of them are out of it just yet.  

I agree they're not out of it which is why I said they are outside bets - I think that's fair.  

It's because there's no good teams in the league.  The quality is getting worse every year.  That's why big clubs like The Caley need to get back where we belong, The Cinch Scottish Premiership.

Of course, that won't happen with the useless Ayrshire *** William 'Billy' 'Doddsy' Dodds in charge.  We need a good manager like Dougie Imrie or Peter Houston to lead us back there.

Yeah, trying to apply American sports metrics, like strength of schedule to the Championship, is a futile exercise.

The number of clubs, themselves is too much of a small sample to analyse effectively.

You'd probably be better looking at who has been scoring or conceding goals lately.

Always thought Dundee would win the league in the end in much the same way Killie did last year. Starting to look like Queen’s Park are taking on the Arbroath role this year by falling at the final hurdle.  Still feels like Rovers have left it too late to break into the play offs but win tonight and on Saturday and you just never know. 

9 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Always thought Dundee would win the league in the end in much the same way Killie did last year. Starting to look like Queen’s Park are taking on the Arbroath role this year by falling at the final hurdle.  Still feels like Rovers have left it too late to break into the play offs but win tonight and on Saturday and you just never know. 

2 games in hand over 3rd and 4th so only 1 point off 4th IF you can win them both.  Problem is there are 2 other teams saying the same.  

I wouldn't discount anything but little space for error for any of the 3 of you now.  

26 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

It doesn’t mean anything for games coming up, but as I have said before he deserves some credit not least as 6 of those 8 games have been away from home. Some going for a novice manager.

Has he done much in terms of change of system/team selection or is he just getting the best out the players where Mccall wasn't?

34 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Has he done much in terms of change of system/team selection or is he just getting the best out the players where Mccall wasn't?

Been loads of really positive signs tactically. Mccall had bannigan and docherty further forward which left out back 4 exposed. Doolan has them sitting deeper and winning the ball more often. We also have pulled off some really neat moves which looked like it had been worked on in training,which makes sense because he led training session unlike mccall. Also his substitution feel more planned than mcalls and he can change our shape during a game whereas mcall was fixed on a 4 3 3. Overall he's done an excellent job and its far more than just motivating players more. 

2 minutes ago, ptfc. 22 said:

Been loads of really positive signs tactically. Mccall had bannigan and docherty further forward which left out back 4 exposed. Doolan has them sitting deeper and winning the ball more often. We also have pulled off some really neat moves which looked like it had been worked on in training,which makes sense because he led training session unlike mccall. Also his substitution feel more planned than mcalls and he can change our shape during a game whereas mcall was fixed on a 4 3 3. Overall he's done an excellent job and its far more than just motivating players more. 

That sounds very encouraging for Thistle fans. I pity whoever you meet next.

Brian Graham on a podcast revealed they actually do video analysis on the opposition now in training which we didn't do under McCall. Remarkably this was an interview where he was trying to claim not much had changed since Doolan came in other than injuries had cleared up a bit.

Only certainty is that all of the current top 4 sides will drop points along the way. The question is will it be down to draws or defeats? My own team have to play Arbroath who have beaten us once already, Rovers who a;ways give us a game, Morton who we have yet to score against in 3 and our bogey team ICT in our next 4 games. If (and its a big IF) we can get 3 wins out of that 4 then we'll have a very good chance of being crowned Champions. 2 wins and 2 draws wouldn't be a disaster but would probably mean we would have to beat QP on the final game.

Edited by ScottyDee1893

1 hour ago, Arachnophile said:

I think what we have established beyond reasonable doubt is that no one has the faintest idea who is going to win the league.

If I was a betting man I would say Cove and Hamilton are out the runnings. Can't be sure though.