Dundee FC vs Hamilton Academical - 01/04/23

Probably the best Dundee performance I have witnessed, 7 goals and could easily have been double digits. Cameron is obviously getting the plaudits but there were plenty of great performances.

• In addition to his goal, Sweeney won absolutely every header and squashed what little attacking play Hamilton had.
  • Hannat, who I have been thoroughly unimpressed with so far was excellent in this match and showed the composure and creativity Dundee have been lacking recently with his two assists.
  • I have had my doubts about Mulligan at RB but his driving runs got Dundee up the park and absolutely spooked the Hamilton team. He'll face tougher challenges than a woeful Accies side but showed that he does have potential in this position.
  • Jakubiak is a nightmare to defend against and should have been starting ages ago.
  • Despite his dip in form McMullan continues to be Dundee's assist King and is now joint top on assists in the Championship.

In addition to the three points and massive goal difference swing, 7-0 is the kind of results that puts the fear in teams and makes them play more cautiously, exactly what Dundee need in the final run of the season.

22 hours ago, EpicMike said:

Probably the best Dundee performance I have witnessed, 7 goals and could easily have been double digits. Cameron is obviously getting the plaudits but there were plenty of great performances.

• In addition to his goal, Sweeney won absolutely every header and squashed what little attacking play Hamilton had.
  • Hannat, who I have been thoroughly unimpressed with so far was excellent in this match and showed the composure and creativity Dundee have been lacking recently with his two assists.
  • I have had my doubts about Mulligan at RB but his driving runs got Dundee up the park and absolutely spooked the Hamilton team. He'll face tougher challenges than a woeful Accies side but showed that he does have potential in this position.
  • Jakubiak is a nightmare to defend against and should have been starting ages ago.
  • Despite his dip in form McMullan continues to be Dundee's assist King and is now joint top on assists in the Championship.

In addition to the three points and massive goal difference swing, 7-0 is the kind of results that puts the fear in teams and makes them play more cautiously, exactly what Dundee need in the final run of the season.

2nd best performance for me, 1st game on the season 2015 is the best for me

On 02/04/2023 at 16:14, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I'll let the many Dundee fuds on here enjoy the moment as they definitely deserve it living in the arsehole City of the country.I worked up there in the 90's and no wonder so many of the locals liked a bevvy.

Less of that chat or I'll get the boys back together and we'll fucking wreck your beloved Vaults again, cunto.

Edited by Derry Alli

3 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

Less of that chat or I'll get the boys back together and we'll fucking wreck your beloved Vaults again, cunto.

Accies fans don't drink in The Vaults and haven't for years.😂😂

You lot like to give it out,but as soon as someone replies,the offended bus is wheeled out.

Still,give you lot some credit as the exchanges on here are mild now compared to the halcyon days of 2005-2008.The fact you lot thought that McDonald was better than James McCarthy a particular highlight.

1 minute ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Yup. Heard you all stopped going there after getting thrown about it. Only one if you with a backbone is @Bert Raccoon who still goes in and puts Calvin Harris on the jukey.

36 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

You lot like to give it out,but as soon as someone replies,the offended bus is wheeled out.

Still,give you lot some credit as the exchanges on here are mild now compared to the halcyon days of 2005-2008.The fact you lot thought that McDonald was better than James McCarthy a particular highlight.

If you mean Kevin McDonald ? And not Peter McDonald then yes is was a better player than McCarthy 

38 minutes ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Get doon.

1 hour ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

Just hold onto that wee memory as your shite club plummets hopefully towards the Lowland League 😂

If we were to describe one goal at a time by day that we scored against The Accies we would be here until next Monday.

Oh deary me, Hamiton. Nearly an 8 goal defeat and this game didn't even have to be fixed.

The newest entry into the Academical diddy chronicles. The next chapter is already underway.

THE RETURN TO SEASIDE PERMA-DIDDYNESS

Thank you. 

Nice to see Hannant taking the Gowser role of needlessly goading away fans after the 2nd goal, he's exactly that kind of player and I like that, just hope he has more good games to earn said goading.

As horrendous as Accies were, I still don't think you'll finish bottom anymore now that Cove Rangers have finally fallen apart. Can you get past any two from a Falkirk once again slowing up and looking to 'do a Falkirk' but can play better than they have for years when arsed, a goal-happy Airdrie side and a plucky and clinical Alloa? I dunno, but I struggle to see it.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee