Elgin vStirling

Thought there was not much in it first half, Stirling took chances we didn’t but the defending was Sunday League. Second we were never in it, although we did have chances but so did Stirling, more comedy defending for the third goal.

Really fearing the worst now. We look lost and even our good players are struggling. 

I have just listened to the after match interview with Gavin Price. I like the guy and he has done a good job generally given the huge difficulty in attracting suitable players due to location. However I totally disagree with his view of the game and particularly his comment that he saw signs of progress today. We have had some poor performances at home over the past few months but I felt today it was a very poor performance and at times men against boys. Stirling were much stronger physically all over the park and while the 3 goals were gifts from Elgin this does reflect the lack of quality in this team which has been apparent since September last year! A few good results then masked the ability of this Elgin team which in my opinion is the worst Elgin side for at least 5 years. If it had not been for Hester’s previous goals we would be bottom away behind. Next week’s game at Albion is massive but I cannot see this Elgin side winning again this season. I will probably eat my words when Elgin beat Stirling on Tuesday!

32 minutes ago, elginer said:

I have just listened to the after match interview with Gavin Price. I like the guy and he has done a good job generally given the huge difficulty in attracting suitable players due to location. However I totally disagree with his view of the game and particularly his comment that he saw signs of progress today. We have had some poor performances at home over the past few months but I felt today it was a very poor performance and at times men against boys. Stirling were much stronger physically all over the park and while the 3 goals were gifts from Elgin this does reflect the lack of quality in this team which has been apparent since September last year! A few good results then masked the ability of this Elgin team which in my opinion is the worst Elgin side for at least 5 years. If it had not been for Hester’s previous goals we would be bottom away behind. Next week’s game at Albion is massive but I cannot see this Elgin side winning again this season. I will probably eat my words when Elgin beat Stirling on Tuesday!

Wouldn’t argue with much of that. I would say the lack of quality has been apparent for at least the last two seasons at least. The lack of quality was masked by a great work ethic and togetherness. The management went down the continuity route holding up Arbroath and Montrose as examples but have been unable to add a couple of extra quality players and the current squad has run out of steam and possibly stopped listening to the management messages. I believe they were let down close season by Ross County who were going to send Wright and McKinnon who last minute went to Montrose then Falkirk. They were possibly the quality we needed. 

5 hours ago, cityloon said:

Looks like an ever going down spiral now back to the highland league again which I think we’d even struggling getting out of again somethings needing done 

It's an ever present threat now with the opening of the trap door 

Stirling were looking like possible suspects until sorted out boardroom strife which was casting a negative shadow over entire club

Hungry teams waiting to replace clubs that don't get their act in order 

Stirling weren’t great - they didnt have to be! Just do the basics and we will gift goals. Stirling actually didn’t really create much today - just 3 horrendous pieces of defending and job done. Good luck to SA, be nice to see them go up. We will not be in the same division regardless!

14 minutes ago, Briggsy's Ghost said:

Stirling weren’t great - they didnt have to be! Just do the basics and we will gift goals. Stirling actually didn’t really create much today - just 3 horrendous pieces of defending and job done. Good luck to SA, be nice to see them go up. We will not be in the same division regardless!

No one's great in this division 

The previous Saturday table topper stirling scored from 2 corners

The second one should absolutely have been dealt with 

Occasional bit of quality