Hibernian v Motherwell 01/04/23 15:00

Harry Theodore Paton was going to be Hearts next big thing at one point I'm sure. Anyway he was on loan to Stenny, looked talented in L2 despite being a diving bastud, but disappeared up his own bahoochie and now he's at Motherwell. 

5 hours ago, ropy said:

What was VAR doing at the penalty, I assumed it was looking for a hand ball from a Motherwellplayer then it seemed to award a penalty for hand ball.  It confused a simple boy like me.

The announcement that VAR had decided it was a penalty for handball was bizarre and, I assume,  a mistake. They were unlikely to state it was for a clattering to be honest. 

I only heard Paton had signed about lunchtime so was very surprised to see him come on. You do wonder what message it sends to the likes of Tierney and Danzaki though.

Very enjoyable day out all round - great result and a few beers with pals, what's not to like?

5 hours ago, Mr. X said:

A touch of class by Hibs supporters today.👏

May be an image of 2 people, outdoors and stadium

I noticed some stadium-wide minutes applause twice in the game. Once at 15mins and the other at ~21mins IIRC.
I wasn't there and watching on a dodgy stream so idk if the Bois joined in, but from my hearing they at least stopped the drum for a minute so I assume the young whippersnappers were respectfully joining in or at least bowing their heads as a mark of respect. (I say this as an outsider with no idea of the specific details, but a general awareness of the circumstances that this is normally done).

Part of the reason this stuck in my head though, was because at 16minutes when normal service resumed the tune from the Bois sounding like the entertaining ditty of 'Sholololololololololo Bevis Mugabi'. And whilst I like the player and join in wholeheartedly at home games, I found it strange for them to sing this when he was on the bench...

4 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

I noticed some stadium-wide minutes applause twice in the game. Once at 15mins and the other at ~21mins IIRC.
I wasn't there and watching on a dodgy stream so idk if the Bois joined in, but from my hearing they at least stopped the drum for a minute so I assume the young whippersnappers were respectfully joining in or at least bowing their heads as a mark of respect. (I say this as an outsider with no idea of the specific details, but a general awareness of the circumstances that this is normally done).

Part of the reason this stuck in my head though, was because at 16minutes when normal service resumed the tune from the Bois sounding like the entertaining ditty of 'Sholololololololololo Bevis Mugabi'. And whilst I like the player and join in wholeheartedly at home games, I found it strange for them to sing this when he was on the bench...

Can confirm they did stop and join in. There seemed to be more confusion for the second applause, especially at the north end of the east stand where I was as I don't think the second applause was as well known and our end obviously didn't see the second banner Block Seven unveiled.

Think the Mugabi song came about as the away end was in such a high that they quickly rattled through the song book and just started singing the first player that came to mind, playing or not 😂

2 hours ago, Dave1875 said:

Can confirm they did stop and join in. There seemed to be more confusion for the second applause, especially at the north end of the east stand where I was as I don't think the second applause was as well known and our end obviously didn't see the second banner Block Seven unveiled.

Think the Mugabi song came about as the away end was in such a high that they quickly rattled through the song book and just started singing the first player that came to mind, playing or not 😂

The mugabi song came on as he was starting his warm-up which is right in front of the away fans.

Tbh I think most fans were confused about the 2 applause as I definitely didn't see any mention. Once it became apparent we did stop any singing amd started clapping.

7 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

The announcement that VAR had decided it was a penalty for handball was bizarre and, I assume,  a mistake

It must have been a mistake, the pen was obviously for the clattering as you say - VAR must have been looking for a handball by a Well player in the leadup (no sure where?). The screens should have simply said "VAR decision - penalty".

On the game, Motherwell were worthy winners, more dynamic all over the park and the only team looking likely to score.

Going through our team - 

Marshall - he is looking like an old man now, he was slow off the mark and gave away the pen in the first place. His attempt to save a (poorly struck) pen was pathetic. He set up the fucking wall for the fk at the final goal and got beaten at his left - we all knew exactly where VV was putting it.

Our defence in general is not settled, Miller had a great game v Celtic and was on the bench - bizarre.

Midfield - that starting midfield was all DMs, its no surprise that there was absolutely nothing creative happening..................but my question would be why they were overrrun so easily?

Forwards - none of them had a good day (although Nisbet took his chance well) and we had nobody who did that VV role of holding up the ball.

Overall, a shocker but with no creativity in midfield, and all of our wing options (Youan, McG, Boyle) out we created nothing.

Pish.......

Also, had a very good day out pre and post despite the match.

Slightly pished and having got the wrong bus, I found myself wandering up Clerk St and needing some scran.

Walked past a Chinese restaurant where there was nothing written in English on the menu, but it was chockers with chinese people - that will do for me, I thought.

I went in and asked if she could do me a special fried rice, she said they didnt do that but pointed to a couple of things on the menu and in my drunken state I just said "aye, I will have that".

Turned out to be rather lovely, but will be a bit tricky to order again as I have zero idea what it actually was.........................😁

I am not sure the free kick for the third goal was a foul, there was a yellow card offence on the half way line and after advantage the ref took the opportunity to stop the game.  Worked out well for us and the Hibs fans got an early dart.