County Vs Celtic, Sunday 12 noon

5 minutes ago, AJF said:

Handball still needs to be deliberate or the player has to have made their body unnaturally bigger (in the opinion of the referee). So there is still a lot of subjectivity to it, particularly in cases of unnatural body positions.

Sticking your arm up shoulder height and extending it is unnaturally bigger, hence why its easier to be consistent

4 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

Sticking your arm up shoulder height and extending it is unnaturally bigger, hence why its easier to be consistent

I wasn’t saying in this instance that it was or wasn’t a case of someone making their body unnaturally bigger - I was making the point that despite the current handball law, it still allows large margins that will come down to personal interpretation by referees. It’s completely subjective.

Edited by AJF

When I saw it live from the east stand I thought right away it was a handball, I wasn’t surprised in the slightest when the penalty was given. 

45 minutes ago, AJF said:

I wasn’t saying in this instance that it was or wasn’t a case of someone making their body unnaturally bigger - I was making the point that despite the current handball law, it still allows large margins that will come down to personal interpretation by referees. It’s completely subjective.

Its not really though, refs will be advised (you'd think) on what is classed as unnatturally bigger, or at least given some definitive examples that most penalties this season have fell under 

But at least the whole, it was right at him or, he didnt mean it etc etc is removed, hence a lot more consistency, and im sure everyone will admit (wether they like the rule or not) that it has been more consistent, if a lot of shite for the defenders 

On 02/04/2023 at 21:19, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Celtic will win the league with ease as long as they keep getting ridiculous penalties like today.

If they keep getting that Clown Willie Collum in the middle, then yes, they have a very good chance.

Never a penalty in a million years.

Next week, a similar incident will not be given.

Arm in unnatural position? What attached to your arm as you jump?

What was he supposed to do, disconnect it before jumping up?

Referees , Masons, etc.

Collum?  do your background searches.

Absolute howler.

7 minutes ago, LadyGovan1872 said:

If they keep getting that Clown Willie Collum in the middle, then yes, they have a very good chance.

Referees , Masons, etc.

Absolute howler.

Fucking state of this. 

Edit - Who's burner account is this?  I'm going for @bennett

Edited by TheScarf

7 minutes ago, LadyGovan1872 said:

Referees , Masons, etc.

Absolute howler.

One of your own fans has just explained why it was a penalty by the very definition of the laws.

His arm is outstretched and at shoulder height which makes it unnatural. No one likes the law but you can’t argue with it.

And one was given against us versus Ross County for the exact same type incident which kind of suggests the above is just a tear stained rant. The comments about background though 🤣

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

One of your own fans has just explained why it was a penalty by the very definition of the laws.

His arm is outstretched and at shoulder height which makes it unnatural. No one likes the law but you can’t argue with it.

And one was given against us versus Ross County for the exact same type incident which kind of suggests the above is just a tear stained rant. The comments about background though 🤣

Ha-Ha

April Fools day has passed.

Tie their arms  up before games.

No more arguments.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Fucking state of this. 

Edit - Who's burner account is this?  I'm going for @bennett

No mention of plucky Celtic winning against the odds plus I’d be surprised if bennet knew rangers played in govan, def not him/her.  

11 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

No mention of plucky Celtic winning against the odds plus I’d be surprised if bennet knew rangers played in govan, def not him/her.  

Oh the excitement.

Who is it, is it bennet?

Get on with your work instead of pulling your hair out.

FYI, bennet does know where Govan is.

1 minute ago, LadyGovan1872 said:

Wow

That is original.

Any more good ones like that?

You should try the Edinburgh Fringe this year

Typical ***, 6 posts and 5 of them are on a Celtic thread and none on anything concerning her team. 

11 minutes ago, bennett said:

The irony.

Not sure you understand what that word means or how to use it tbh. 

There’s more **** posted in the Ross County v Celtic thread that have in the rangers match thread from the weekend, priorities.  

Just now, Drew Brees said:

Not sure you understand what that word means or how to use it tbh. 

There’s more **** posted in the Ross County v Celtic thread that have in the rangers match thread from the weekend, priorities.  

That's dreadful. 

3 hours ago, LadyGovan1872 said:

Referees , Masons, etc.

Absolute howler.

f**k off No8