Celtic v Rangers April 8th

4 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

That whilst not unprecedented to see a team go a full season without conceding a penalty to do so whilst VAR is active and with the current laws is somewhat miraculous. 

I’m hoping this somehow manifests itself into us being given a shithouse pen on Saturday.

VAR hasn’t been in place for the full season. And we still have 8 games left.

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Depends what you mean by more decisions. 

The same incident gets treated differently within the same game.

17 hours ago, bennett said:

Scottish football will be fine Christopher,  most other fans will be more concerned with their own teams games this weekend. 

Chris Sutton has slammed Rangers for the away fan shutout during derby clashes with Celtic.

The ex-Hoops striker has blasted the Ibrox club for the "shameful" approach to the matter.

The teams will meet in Glasgow's east end on Saturday lunchtime, as Michael Beale's men travel to Celtic Park.

Rangers will be looking to keep any slim title hopes they have alive, while the Hoops will be aiming to put their arch-rivals to the sword

Celtic and Rangers allowed around 800 away punters into their respective stadiums in recent years in the wake of Ibrox chiefs cruelly slashing the traditional 7500 capacity in the Broomloan Stand in Govan.

In response, Celtic hit back by cutting Rangers' allocation on their home patch too.

The sides are said to be locked in a ticket stalemate, with Celtic wanting a return to the old numbers and Rangers are unwilling to budge on the reduced capacity. 

Now, pundit Chris Sutton has branded the move "pathetic", as he pointed to the damaging impact this has on the fixture, as well as Scottish football.

Sutton told the Daily Record: “I don’t like the fans’ situation at all. It’s rubbish for Scottish football. I think having no away fans is rubbish for the perception of Scottish football. It’s absolutely ridiculous.

“When I first joined Celtic, going to Ibrox and having 7500 behind the goal and likewise when Rangers came to Celtic Park made it a far better spectacle.

It’s shameful and a really bad look for Scottish football around the world.

“I just think it’s petty, and it’s something Rangers really need to sort out. I can’t see the upside over all this? What is the benefit of banning away fans from the fixture?

"This game is big around the world and the lockout is pathetic. I think if you asked both sets of supporters, they would say the same thing. It’s ridiculous and it diminishes the spectacle

MICHAEL BEALE fears a ban on away fans for Saturday’s Old Firm clash will heap HUGE pressure on derby ref Kevin Clancy.

Rangers fans will be absent from the lunchtime showdown, with no Celtic supporters at Ibrox for next month’s post-split game.

Beale says it cranks up the heat on whistler Clancy.

The Ibrox boss said: “It impacts it because it’s very hostile when you go.

"I think the referees are under a huge amount of pressure.

"Even having just a few fans is better than none, I would say.

“You’d always rather some fans, even if it was only a small amount.

“I just think it adds to the flavour of the game and, again, the pressure it puts on the referee if you have a large crowd in favour of one team.”

64962254-0906-4387-B775-98DF25B90F2E.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

MICHAEL BEALE fears a ban on away fans for Saturday’s Old Firm clash will heap HUGE pressure on derby ref Kevin Clancy.

Rangers fans will be absent from the lunchtime showdown, with no Celtic supporters at Ibrox for next month’s post-split game.

“I just think it adds to the flavour of the game and, again, the pressure it puts on the referee if you have a large crowd in favour of one team.”

“There will be a few fans there, the ref, the linesman, the VAR officials”

(c) A Postecoglu, 2023

22 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

I wonder if Mick Beale realises that decisions taken by his club's hierarchy a few seasons ago is the reason that this situation exists.

16 hours ago, AJF said:

I think that’s where the earlier point I was making around pressure from the crowd swaying referees comes more into play than any deep-rooted bias which I just don’t buy at all.

I think referees are more likely succumb to this pressure if there are 50/60,000 home fans crying for a certain decision.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Beale clearly values my opinion on P&B.

58 minutes ago, AJF said:

Beale clearly values my opinion on P&B.

Then he should be encouraging the Rangers powers that be to stop being cunty with regards to allocations. He is complaining about situation that his employers created 🤷‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Then he should be encouraging the Rangers powers that be to stop being cunty with regards to allocations. He is complaining about situation that his employers created 🤷‍♂️

Reading his quotes, it sounds like he is firmly of that opinion. And as far as I am aware, it was our decision to reduce Celtic's allocation, not ban them entirely.

I'd take a draw to avoid the nonsense that would follow if we were to miracously win.

Both sides need to grow the f**k up with this allocation pish. 

Hopefully we have Raskin back, very intrigued to see how Cantwell does as he's recently shown he's got a bit of a fight in him which I didn't expect also praying Tillman doesn't go missing which he seems to do every so often.

6 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

I'd take a draw to avoid the nonsense that would follow if we were to miracously win.

Hopefully we have Raskin back, very intrigued to see how Cantwell does as he's recently shown he's got a bit of a fight in him which I didn't expect also praying Tillman doesn't go missing which he seems to do every so often.

9pts behind with 8 games to go and he’d take a draw. 

23 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

You would take a draw which effectively ends the league as a competition to avoid the nonsense that comes with your team being back in the title race? 

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

17 hours ago, Jinky67 said:

That whilst not unprecedented to see a team go a full season without conceding a penalty to do so whilst VAR is active and with the current laws is somewhat miraculous. 

I’m hoping this somehow manifests itself into us being given a shithouse pen on Saturday.

You've already cashed in your shitehouse VAR penalty award voucher this season. 🙄

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

9pts behind with 8 games to go and he’d take a draw. 

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

You would take a draw which effectively ends the league as a competition to avoid the nonsense that comes with your team being back in the title race? 

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Unless my maths is letting me down then as far as I'm aware we would need to beat you guys both remaining fixtures and then need you to either lose to another team or draw multiple times... that isn't happening.

My "battle fever" is resoundingly turned off right now. I've been looking forward to next season since we drew the home game earlier in the year tbh. 

I appreciate you guys perhaps want to frame it that a win for you guys wins the league but I'd say that contest is already over. 

19 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

Unless my maths is letting me down then as far as I'm aware we would need to beat you guys both remaining fixtures and then need you to either lose to another team or draw multiple times... that isn't happening.

My "battle fever" is resoundingly turned off right now. I've been looking forward to next season since we drew the home game earlier in the year tbh. 

I appreciate you guys perhaps want to frame it that a win for you guys wins the league but I'd say that contest is already over. 

Nbc Noice GIF by Law & Order

34 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

The league is most definitely Celtic's to lose. 

However, watching Chris Sutton's head explode from another final day title win, would be hilarious. 

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Reading his quotes, it sounds like he is firmly of that opinion. And as far as I am aware, it was our decision to reduce Celtic's allocation, not ban them entirely.

You do realise that Rangers have banned Celtic supporters from Ibrox as well?

13 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You do realise that Rangers have banned Celtic supporters from Ibrox as well?

I do, yes. However wasn't it reported that Celtic had pushed for full allocations from next season to which Rangers objected (incorrectly, imo) and it was then decided for safety reasons both sets of supporters wouldn't be given access?

Rangers appeared to be amenable to leaving the current allocation in place.