Celtic v Rangers April 8th

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s just a nonsense take though. You don’t actually respond to what I disagree with, you change and evolve it.

I simply said that I disagreed that it should be questionable that Tav was our biggest goal threat yesterday and have explained why (he is consistently an attacking threat for us).

You have this notion that he shouldn’t be our main attacking threat in a match because of his position. Why not, if he is consistently an attacking threat from right back? You’ve never really responded to that.

You’ve implied we have an over-reliance on him. I already showed that he is responsible for less of an overall percentage of goals than your leading attacking threat.

Even if we take matches against you in isolation. Of our last 20 goals scored against you, Tav has scored a grand total of… 3.

So yeah, I think you trying to paint that we have an over-reliance on him, even if Celtic fixtures in isolation, is a bit nonsense.

How long have you had to go back to get 20 goals? 3 or 4 seasons to try make a point about the present? And you have the temerity to talk about nonsense takes? Give your head a shake a wobble man.🤣

We are talking about the here and now, this season, the present where you are 12 points  behind and on the verge of us dominating yet another season.

This season you have scored 5 against us, 3 of them scored by Tav.

You have conceded 11. About 7 or 8 of those have either been balls coming in from our left wing such as the 2 in the 4-0 game. Tav losing Jota such as in the 4-0 game and yesterday (Jota ran off Tav for the pass back while he done his usual defensive of posture of throwing hands in the air), balls in between the centre half and him where again he doesn’t track the runner like yesterday, I’m sure that happened in the cup final too or just fucking up a pass back like in the 2-2 game. 

Just checked and 20 goals takes you back to Dec 19 🤣🤣

Edited by Jinky67

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

It’s just a nonsense take though. You don’t actually respond to what I disagree with, you change and evolve it.

I simply said that I disagreed that it should be questionable that Tav was our biggest goal threat yesterday and have explained why (he is consistently an attacking threat for us).

You have this notion that he shouldn’t be our main attacking threat in a match because of his position. Why not, if he is consistently an attacking threat from right back? You’ve never really responded to that.

You’ve implied we have an over-reliance on him. I already showed that he is responsible for less of an overall percentage of goals than your leading attacking threat.

Even if we take matches against you in isolation. Of our last 20 goals scored against you, Tav has scored a grand total of… 3.

So yeah, I think you trying to paint that we have an over-reliance on him, even in Celtic fixtures in isolation, is a bit nonsense.

limmy-double-down.gif.e73d763aebaf592f6608e8cea7b78af6.gif

2 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Strange take on Hart and Starfelt when it was CCV and Mooy giving the ball away yet sevco couldn't take advantage of that, If sevco don't want to pay the 5 million for Tillman Celtic should pay it.
Hart is coming to the end of his career not quite at McGregor's lapses,both teams will need new keepers.
Beale setting up to stop Celtic playing is something that every manager in the league is trying to do,it's easier to destroy than create,Celtic scoring 3 means it didn't work so back to the drawing board for the tactical genius. 

Aye obviously Mooy was atrocious and CCV placed a blind pass to where he had just ran from but was more talking about being ball players in general rather than the game itself. It seems to take an age for the likes of Starfelt and Hart to line up a pass which doesn't help when a team is pressing and able to pre empt where the ball is going to quicker. Both have been steady players for us and needed but if we're looking to the next level they shouldn't be considered to be acceptable regulars.

45 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

How long have you had to go back to get 20 goals? 3 or 4 seasons to try make a point about the present? And you have the temerity to talk about nonsense takes? Give your head a shake a wobble man.🤣

We are talking about the here and now, this season, the present where you are 12 points  behind and on the verge of us dominating yet another season.

This season you have scored 5 against us, 3 of them scored by Tav.

You have conceded 11. About 7 or 8 of those have either been balls coming in from our left wing such as the 2 in the 4-0 game. Tav losing Jota such as in the 4-0 game and yesterday (Jota ran off Tav for the pass back while he done his usual defensive of posture of throwing hands in the air), balls in between the centre half and him where again he doesn’t track the runner like yesterday, I’m sure that happened in the cup final too or just fucking up a pass back like in the 2-2 game. 

Just checked and 20 goals takes you back to Dec 19 🤣🤣

So your sample size to evidence that we have an over-reliance in Tav in fixtures v Celtic is 2 matches that he has scored in this season? Aye, very broad 😂

ETA: let’s show how futile a claim it is if we flip things. Without Kyogo’s goals, Celtic would’ve lost the last 3 fixtures against us. Does that mean Celtic have an over-reliance on him?

Edited by AJF

51 minutes ago, AJF said:

So your sample size to evidence that we have an over-reliance in Tav in fixtures v Celtic is 2 matches that he has scored in this season? Aye, very broad 😂

ETA: let’s show how futile a claim it is if we flip things. Without Kyogo’s goals, Celtic would’ve lost the last 3 fixtures against us. Does that mean Celtic have an over-reliance on him?

I’ve literally referred to all 4 games we have played this season and you think I’m talking about only 2 of them? I mean I really couldn’t have made it clearer without writing in neon.

Tav has scored 60% of your goals in this fixture this season and provided 1 of the assists for the other 2. So that’s 80% of your goals gone if Tav isn’t on the park but you don’t think you are reliant on your right back to be your main attacking threat? 🤣

As for Kyogo he hasn’t been involved in quite as many as 80% of our goals against you (thankfully your main goal threat goes to sleep to allow our wingers to fill their boots too) however he is our main striker so isn’t that his job? To be relied on to score the goals or is that some sort of novel concept in Govan? I mean I’m not really looking to GT or AJ to do that am I? I want that threat coming from Kyogo, Jota, Maeda, Abada, O’Riley, Hatate which is where it does come from……consistently which is the question originally asked as to why do your attacking players consistently not show up in this fixture? 

Fucking hell man, i don’t even know what number we are on but can I now start with the 52, 53, 54 or whatever it is has clearly broken you patter now? 🤣

Edited by Jinky67

Todd Cantwell claims Celtic “didn’t win” the Old Firm derby but instead Rangers "lost" it.

The former Norwich City man expressed his disappointment after the 3-2 loss as he made his first start against the Hoops, having come off the bench in the Viaplay Cup final defeat at Hampden in February.

Cantwell was replaced by Antonio Colak four minutes from time at Parkhead. The 25-year-old had a chance to score and took to Instagram to claim that the future is bright under Michael Beale with Rangers defenders Ben Davies and John Souttar both making huge errors to gift Celtic their second and third goals. 

Cantwell wrote: “We lost the game, they didn’t win it. The disappointment is real. We continue to stick together and build in the right direction. This is a project and a exciting one. Stick together as one.”

Just now, Drew Brees said:

Todd Cantwell claims Celtic “didn’t win” the Old Firm derby but instead Rangers "lost" it.

The former Norwich City man expressed his disappointment after the 3-2 loss as he made his first start against the Hoops, having come off the bench in the Viaplay Cup final defeat at Hampden in February.

Cantwell was replaced by Antonio Colak four minutes from time at Parkhead. The 25-year-old had a chance to score and took to Instagram to claim that the future is bright under Michael Beale with Rangers defenders Ben Davies and John Souttar both making huge errors to gift Celtic their second and third goals. 

Cantwell wrote: “We lost the game, they didn’t win it. The disappointment is real. We continue to stick together and build in the right direction. This is a project and a exciting one. Stick together as one.”

It's the Rangers way. Deny reality.

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Cantwell wrote: “We lost the game, they didn’t win it. The disappointment is real. We continue to stick together and build in the right direction. This is a project and an exciting one. Stick together as one.”

His name is Todd, I think we can quite safely take no notice of anything that ever comes out his mouth. Todd :lol: 

17 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Cantwell wrote: “We lost the game, they didn’t win it. The disappointment is real. We continue to stick together and build in the right direction. This is a project and an exciting one. Stick together as one.”

He’s an absolute shitebag who went missing and cowered out of every tackle. 

The who won or lost it debate is an irrelevance as fundamentally the 3 points and the league title come to us. He’s just another Diallo except they paid for this one 

Edited by Jinky67

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The who won or lost it debate is an irrelevance as fundamentally the 3 points and the league title come to us. 

Too large a bait usually means that you don't get bites.

Trim it down a bit and you'll get on better.

18 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

They’ve brainwashed the bold Todd rather quickly :lol: 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Aye obviously Mooy was atrocious and CCV placed a blind pass to where he had just ran from but was more talking about being ball players in general rather than the game itself. It seems to take an age for the likes of Starfelt and Hart to line up a pass which doesn't help when a team is pressing and able to pre empt where the ball is going to quicker. Both have been steady players for us and needed but if we're looking to the next level they shouldn't be considered to be acceptable regulars.

Is the Japanese boy here to take over from Starfelt 

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

The who won or lost it debate is an irrelevance as fundamentally the 3 points and the league title come to us. He’s just another Diallo except they paid for this one 

I’ve seen wet Pringles tubes that have more about them than Todd Cantwell. One of my pals was saying yesterday that Beale had a 100% record so far with regards to signings I.e. Raskin and Cantwell. From what I’ve seen of Raskin he looks a good find, strong and aggressive and has a bit of quality in his play. Cantwell however has done nothing to suggest he’s going to be an improvement to that Rangers team. If Rangers have aspirations of competing in the Champions League group stages then Cantwell is not that guy. Fair enough he looks a player against your Livingstons and St Mirrens but he looked absolutely hopeless yesterday against a Celtic team that wasn’t playing at their best. 

4 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I’ve seen wet Pringles tubes that have more about them than Todd Cantwell. One of my pals was saying yesterday that Beale had a 100% record so far with regards to signings I.e. Raskin and Cantwell. From what I’ve seen of Raskin he looks a good find, strong and aggressive and has a bit of quality in his play. Cantwell however has done nothing to suggest he’s going to be an improvement to that Rangers team. If Rangers have aspirations of competing in the Champions League group stages then Cantwell is not that guy. Fair enough he looks a player against your Livingstons and St Mirrens but he looked absolutely hopeless yesterday against a Celtic team that wasn’t playing at their best. 

Yeah I assumed they picked him up to fill the gap kind of left by Aribo but he has nothing about him whatsoever. Raskin did look pretty tidy tbf, a more mobile Lundstram with better passing. 

49 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

I’ve literally referred to all 4 games we have played this season and you think I’m talking about only 2 of them? I mean I really couldn’t have made it clearer without writing in neon.

Tav has scored 60% of your goals in this fixture this season and provided 1 of the assists for the other 2. So that’s 80% of your goals gone if Tav isn’t on the park but you don’t think you are reliant on your right back to be your main attacking threat? 🤣

As for Kyogo he hasn’t been involved in quite as many as 80% of our goals against you (thankfully your main goal threat goes to sleep to allow our wingers to fill their boots too) however he is our main striker so isn’t that his job? To be relied on to score the goals or is that some sort of novel concept in Govan? I mean I’m not really looking to GT or AJ to do that am I? I want that threat coming from Kyogo, Jota, Maeda, Abada, O’Riley, Hatate which is where it does come from……consistently which is the question originally asked as to why do your attacking players consistently not show up in this fixture? 

Fucking hell man, i don’t even know what number we are on but can I now start with the 52, 53, 54 or whatever it is has clearly broken you patter now? 🤣

Again, you are focusing on the position and haven’t explained why that matters if he is a goal threat.

You’ve also overlooked the point I was making about using arbitrary time periods to make a point. Since Beale was appointed, Kyogo has scored 70% of Celtics goals against us. See how easy that was to twist? 

11 minutes ago, AJF said:

Again, you are focusing on the position and haven’t explained why that matters if he is a goal threat.

You’ve also overlooked the point I was making about using arbitrary time periods to make a point. Since Beale was appointed, Kyogo has scored 70% of Celtics goals against us. See how easy that was to twist? 

Because again it is obvious to anyone but you. Your attacking players are contributing the square root of f**k all to these games so for Celtic it’s a case of stop Tav stop Rangers but you seem to be happy your strikers and wingers misfire in these games and quite at peace with your right back doing the job of them all and failing the do the basics of being a defender 😉

We are talking about this season in its entirety ffs, a clearly defined period and not one just pulled out of thin air so not really arbitrary is it?

And since Beale joined 😂 Since Beale joined you have fallen further behind and picked up another losers medal. Probably best not to start any sentence with since Beale joined tbh

Edited by Jinky67