Celtic v Rangers April 8th

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Yet not unprecedented. A longer run was achieved by 1 team. There has also been two occasions this century where a team has gone an entire league campaign without conceding a penalty. Care to guess who?

968E77D0-AE5D-4750-AFA9-A5C6EEC322F4.jpeg

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Whataboutery or not, it’s sufficient to quash any notion of anti-Celtic/pro-Rangers refereeing which gets thrown around rather often.

So statistics on refereeing decisions in celtic games quashes notions of pro rangers bias? 

Elaborate - show your workings. 

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Whataboutery or not, it’s sufficient to quash any notion of anti-Celtic/pro-Rangers refereeing which gets thrown around rather often.

Certainly think that if you speak to fans of other diddy clubs outwith the tit for tat bubble of the Old Firm, they would unanimously agree that both cheeks are refereed completely differently from, and to the detriment of, their own teams, and thats what makes cheek screechings about referees so hilarious. 

33 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

968E77D0-AE5D-4750-AFA9-A5C6EEC322F4.jpeg

Hunbelievable, a killie fan slags his team for not conceding a penalty this season and he totally ignores it, a Celtic fan comments on that post and he’s all over it like a rash with whataboutery, couldn’t mark them. 

9 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Take your pick, or are you only concentrating on Celtic? 

Hibs 2000-01
Motherwell 2000-01
Livingston 2002-03
Rangers 2003-04
Hibs 2006-07
Celtic 2006-07
Celtic 2014-15
Hearts 2017-18

15 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So statistics on refereeing decisions in celtic games quashes notions of pro rangers bias? 

Elaborate - show your workings. 

Maybe I should have stated Anti-Celtic + Pro-Rangers bias then.

I still don’t believe any referees are inherently biased, just inept at times.

My point was more to dispel any claims that referees are both Anti-Celtic and Pro-Rangers.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

Maybe I should have stated Anti-Celtic + Pro-Rangers bias then.

I still don’t believe any referees are inherently biased, just inept at times.

My point was more to dispel any claims that referees are both Anti-Celtic and Pro-Rangers.

So you believe that a referee that was engaging pro rangers refereeing, may not actually be anti Celtic? 

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Certainly think that if you speak to fans of other diddy clubs outwith the tit for tat bubble of the Old Firm, they would unanimously agree that both cheeks are refereed completely differently from, and to the detriment of, their own teams, and thats what makes cheek screechings about referees so hilarious. 

I think that’s where the earlier point I was making around pressure from the crowd swaying referees comes more into play than any deep-rooted bias which I just don’t buy at all.

I think referees are more likely succumb to this pressure if there are 50/60,000 home fans crying for a certain decision.

Watching Old Firm fans realise that they get more favourable decisions than the other clubs, most likely because of the sheer amount of pressure both fanbases pile on every referee constantly, is incredible to watch in real time.

A slow process, but theyre getting there.

Maybe one day theyll realise how pathetic their mewling about "refereeing conspiracies" against them is too.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

So you believe that a referee that was engaging pro rangers refereeing, may not actually be anti Celtic? 

I was more suggesting that I don’t believe it to be that referees are simultaneously anti-Celtic and pro-Rangers, using the examples of large periods both teams have went without conceding a penalty at home (or at all, in some instances).

I believe it to be pressure related factors on the referees rather than bias, which is the underlying point.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Watching Old Firm fans realise that they get more favourable decisions than the other clubs, most likely because of the sheer amount of pressure both fanbases pile on every referee constantly, is incredible to watch in real time.

Maybe one day theyll realise how pathetic their mewling about "refereeing conspiracies" against them is too.

This is pretty much the guts of my argument. I don’t believe there to be any conspiracies involved.

Edited by AJF

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

I was more suggesting that I don’t believe it to be that referees are simultaneously anti-Celtic and pro-Rangers, using the examples of large periods both teams have went without conceding a penalty at home (or at all, in some instances).

I believe it to be pressure related factors on the referees rather than bias, which is the underlying point.

I’m just bored at work and fucking with you, it’s a really boring topic. 

13 minutes ago, AJF said:

This is pretty much the guts of my argument. I don’t believe there to be any conspiracies involved.

Ive just found, over the years, that Celtic/Rangers fans on here get hyper defensive if you claim they get more decisions in their favour than the other clubs. Was just a bit funny seeing the reason for that (pressure on refs) being used in a discussion to define whether a refs "for" or "against" one of them.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Lets not sell them short though. They do a fair bit of extra curricular work outside of matchdays in terms of influencing referees too. Both fans and the clubs themselves. 

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Yet not unprecedented. A longer run was achieved by 1 team. There has also been two occasions this century where a team has gone an entire league campaign without conceding a penalty. Care to guess who?

Did any of those seasons have VAR?

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Ive just found, over the years, that Celtic/Rangers fans on here get hyper defensive if you claim they get more decisions in their favour than the other clubs. Was just a bit funny seeing the reason for that (pressure on refs) being used in a discussion to define whether a refs "for" or "against" one of them.

Depends what you mean by more decisions. When we have 70 odd percent possessions most games of course we generally will get more penalties and free kicks,  the opposition will of course generally pick up more cards. A higher calibre of player will generally know what they can get away with and have better game management too which all adds up. When all sides are screaming bias though I think it probably show there is no real bias in Scottish football these days, just incompetent refs and moon howler fans.

Edited by gannonball

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure what your point is

That whilst not unprecedented to see a team go a full season without conceding a penalty to do so whilst VAR is active and with the current laws is somewhat miraculous. 

I’m hoping this somehow manifests itself into us being given a shithouse pen on Saturday.

Edited by Jinky67