The Spicy Food Thread

• 6 months later...

Any chilliheads been following the whole Pepper X thing?

Allegedly the new "World's Hottest Pepper".

The guy won't make any of the actual pods available (feart of folk using the seeds to grown their own is the apparent excuse) but there's a few sauces which contain it. 

YT channel called Chase The Heat where the boy eats pods, sauces and related spicy stuff.

Got a bottle of some sauce which claims to be 91% Pepper X. Says it's absolutely nowhere near as hot as all the claims say it should be.

Quite a few folk seem to calling BS on the whole thing.

7 hours ago, Derek Patterson said:

Any chilliheads been following the whole Pepper X thing?

Allegedly the new "World's Hottest Pepper".

The guy won't make any of the actual pods available (feart of folk using the seeds to grown their own is the apparent excuse) but there's a few sauces which contain it. 

YT channel called Chase The Heat where the boy eats pods, sauces and related spicy stuff.

Got a bottle of some sauce which claims to be 91% Pepper X. Says it's absolutely nowhere near as hot as all the claims say it should be.

Quite a few folk seem to calling BS on the whole thing.

Saw that on the BBC news website a few days ago.  I suspect if you have any of that you'll end up like this afterwards

dumb-and.gif.e917dbb6951faa5adc6d0bb2402e70aa.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I initially went looking for the Lidl Inferno pizza thread but I think here more appropriate. Can I recommend Aldi's Tomato and Chilli Chutney?A wee tet hotter than you might be expecting.

Spoiler

200.gif?cid=ff874017t5duatdurnzh05r4rwr6

aldi.jpg

When over at Christmas, we ordered from Figo's in Glasgow. I got chicken and rice box and went for "medium" level sauce. Genuinely couldn't eat it. I consider myself a medium heat person when it comes to chilli, not a wimp but not like some of you dafties on here so felt medium was the right choice. Raging.

• 2 months later...
On 11/01/2024 at 07:44, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I’ve started eating japalenos out the jar. 

Taken with wine and cheese, each and every one of these banana peppers was a tingling treat. Alas, Simpsons in Inverness stopped stocking them and our world is diminished. 

719Cd_hCxiL._SY445_209x445.jpg