🔴🟡 Thistle vs Ayr United ⚫️⚪️ - 15 April 2023

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Graham is absolutely hopeless in all honesty. I know his goal record says otherwise but he’s made a career out of coaxing centre backs into a physical battle with him and then tries to bully them. He got isolated a few times out wide today which would’ve frustrated him but he realised early on he was getting nothing from Musonda. 

He’s still good a goal at this level but I cannot work out how centre halves have caught onto him. Not to mention the umpteen fouls that he somehow gets away with. 

Chris Templeman and Rory McCallister always caused us problems until we signed Peter Murphy. He stood off Templeman or held him up so that it was obvious that he hadn't fouled him. McCallister, he wound up to the point he got him send off. Who can forget the time he hit himself in the face with Joe Cardles arm and got the ruddy faced f**k sent off?

Musonda is too cool to get involved with Graham, Kirk and McGinty are often drawn in to things. 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s been asked to read out itzdrk posts from P&B every 15 minutes. 

Makes sense, we made an early sub.  

I'll be busy on Friday so I'll start now.  Reece Macaleer is injured and will miss the rest of the season. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Makes sense, we made an early sub.  

I'll be busy on Friday so I'll start now.  Reece Macaleer is injured and will miss the rest of the season. 

That’s a pity 

Good thing we’ve got Reece McAlear to take his place. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Going by different posts, given we dominated the midfield for large parts - was he not a little better yesterday?

He’s okay when he’s got space but he’s so ridiculously slow that he can’t play as our most advanced midfielder. He was also worse than a man down in the first half when Partick had more of the ball and we couldn’t get near them. 

I think he’d be okay playing deeper where he’s got the whole game in front of him but he looks really awkward playing so far forward for me. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s okay when he’s got space but he’s so ridiculously slow that he can’t play as our most advanced midfielder. He was also worse than a man down in the first half when Partick had more of the ball and we couldn’t get near them. 

I think he’d be okay playing deeper where he’s got the whole game in front of him but he looks really awkward playing so far forward for me. 

I think we need to look into the posters that told us Tom Walsh was good and decipher if they are the same ones who said McAlear was a good attacking midfielder and never listen to their opinions ever again. 

Walsh is/was a decent player, but he seems to be extraordinarily injury prone.  Would be surprised if Inverness offer him a new contract so no doubt he’ll be back pretending he’s always wanted to sign for Ayr rather than it being a short term convenience for him….

15 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

Never paid much attention at the time but quite a tidy finish by Akinyemi to adjust his body 

I do hope that Ayr put another tweet out thanking Darren Brownlie for his second goal contribution to Ayrs campaign this season. A terrific player for us this year. 

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I do hope that Ayr put another tweet out thanking Darren Brownlie for his second goal contribution to Ayrs campaign this season. A terrific player for us this year. 

He's contributed more to us this season than some of our under contract players. What a player.

41 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Going by different posts, given we dominated the midfield for large parts - was he not a little better yesterday?

Well, I was certainly delighted when he came off. Some very poor free kicks yesterday and some terrible first touches. Although we were generally on top in the second half there was in my eyes a noticeable improvement when he came off.

2 hours ago, Nightmare said:

That's even worse than I remember. And then a complete lack of effort after he's given it away.

Probably knows he's got no chance of catching Maguire, who did very well, driving forward and setting up JML. 

I wonder where Daz ends up next season? 

18 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

A shame game was on the cards after the first 20 minutes but Partick seemed to be happy with the game at 1-0 and let us right back into it. We were better in the first half although besides Dipo we don’t have the quality going forward to really hurt teams. 

My worry is that we’ll bring Maguire back into the fold for the next game but the only change I’d make is JML in for Ashford and Smith in for McAlear. 

Ah c'mon, you know he'll start the team that finished this one because the second half went well.