🔴🟡 Thistle vs Ayr United ⚫️⚪️ - 15 April 2023

1 minute ago, Nightmare said:

Darren Brownlie with yet another unforgivable mistake. I can’t wait for the day that unfit, useless waster is released.

That and his own goal earlier in the season makes me think he's very keen to make up for being absolutely dung for us.

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That and his own goal earlier in the season makes me think he's very keen to make up for being absolutely dung for us.

He’s been absolute dung for us as well, so if that’s his deal then I’m looking forward to him chucking in a couple of goals for us the next time we play Airdrie or QotS or wherever he rocks up next.

3 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

He’s been absolute dung for us as well, so if that’s his deal then I’m looking forward to him chucking in a couple of goals for us the next time we play Airdrie or QotS or wherever he rocks up next.

I think he has been dung for most clubs he has played for tbh - apart from a brief spell of looking semi-competent at one of the clubs he played for (was it Cowden maybe?).

42 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

A dreadful performance and we really couldn’t have had any complaints if Ayr took the three points. A huge missed opportunity given the result at Dens.

Darren Brownlie with yet another unforgivable mistake. I can’t wait for the day that unfit, useless waster is released.

Bet McCall still thinks he is the best defender in the Championship lol, he is the new Tam O'Ware!

A shame game was on the cards after the first 20 minutes but Partick seemed to be happy with the game at 1-0 and let us right back into it. We were better in the first half although besides Dipo we don’t have the quality going forward to really hurt teams. 

My worry is that we’ll bring Maguire back into the fold for the next game but the only change I’d make is JML in for Ashford and Smith in for McAlear. 

3 hours ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Yeah Robbo sitting in the dug-out right now. 

Haven't seen anything from the game but it appears Robbo is like some kind of Nathan Shelley type who has introduced the new concept of 'passing' the ball to coach Bullen.  #wonderkid

Too easy to blame Brownlie for points dropped today as our bizarre tactics of defending a slim one goal advantage by playing far too deep for most of rest of game really did for us .Far too sloppy in defence and should have been punished by a sharper Ayr .All in all lucky to get a point .

33 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Haven't seen anything from the game but it appears Robbo is like some kind of Nathan Shelley type who has introduced the new concept of 'passing' the ball to coach Bullen.  #wonderkid

Maybe he has been employed to periodically remind Bullen on the touch line that he isn’t a spectator and can change things he doesn’t like

2 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

...especially when you've got Darren Brownlie as a centre half, pretty much a carbon copy of the Inverness goal. Feels a bit shite singling him out with his injury record but even ignoring the mistake for the goal he looked poor for most of the game. Would legit rather have McGinty back.

Recency bias clearly a factor here, you’re forgetting quite how shocking McGinty actually was for us. Brownlie won’t be here next season, injury has really hampered him. 

I thought we could have won it in the end and taken three points down the road with us. Thistle were excellent for twenty minutes and then gave up on trying to score a second, for some reason. We worked our bollocks off for that point, delighted to still be fourth after this round of fixtures. We are badly missing a fit Josh Mullin and some creativity but I'll take it.

We need a big performance on Friday now.  

There was a 5 minute spell after the goal where we looked absolutely brilliant.  That was nice.

Fucking hopeless otherwise though.  We seemed intent from minute 1 to give Ayr all the time in the world in the ball, even in our own box, and probably just lucky that they wanted to seem just as bad as we were.  But then we reverted to the Thistle of old and decided to withdraw deeper and deeper, then added passing the ball to the opposition to our approach, which went well.

Slim chance of the title now well and truly gone.  Our best hope is probably Queens Park shitting themselves enough for us to finish 2nd.  We've certainly got the better run-in on paper.  Dundee will have to really f**k it from here.

29 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe he has been employed to periodically remind Bullen on the touch line that he isn’t a spectator and can change things he doesn’t like

He’s been asked to read out itzdrk posts from P&B every 15 minutes.