The El Sackio Derby - Part Deux

36 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I dont like to think Naismith said that (purely on a human level it seems inconceivable) .........but there is definitely something there ;

Naismith's always been a wee nark, and it's perfectly conceivable that he's had a dig at Nisbett for missing the penalty. That a big moment like that would stick in Nisbett's mind is fair enough and quite normal.

That Naismith's said something about his dad just sounds like something someone's embellished onto it and then it passes into 'fact'.

After a while folk start insisting it's true and that's fitba.

35 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I dont like to think Naismith said that (purely on a human level it seems inconceivable) .........but there is definitely something there ;

It's entirely conceivable Naismith was a p***k after the penalty. That enough would probably stick in his craw after a moment like that. I'm not buying the bit about the dad though. I just don't think anyone would be so low.

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Aye, no complaints at all. Not even close to good enough.

Only positive spin to be had here is that at least there's now no chance Naismith gets the job. Proper time has to be taken to step back now and look at everything we're getting wrong. Things have spun out of control incredibly quickly.

Cool heads needed.

For a side that had lost 6 of their last 7 going into yesterday’s match, is it as cut and dry that he had to win the match to be considered for the role?

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

For a side that had lost 6 of their last 7 going into yesterday’s match, is it as cut and dry that he had to win the match to be considered for the role?

No, but I think he had very little chance of getting it from the beginning. A mad run of form could have swung things in his favour, and that's now clearly not going to happen.

15 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

No, but I think he had very little chance of getting it from the beginning. A mad run of form could have swung things in his favour, and that's now clearly not going to happen.

Barry robson started with a home defeat to st Mirren and got skelped at Celtic park in his 3rd game.