Ross County vs Aberdeen

9 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Looked very tight. I thought he was maybe just off but that's a few times at County the lines have looked incredibly dodgy and difficult to tell.

There is a still on Twitter that apparently Greg Aitken used.

Duks arm is offside.

His head, chest, legs & feet are onside.

I know we won, but we should be asking for an explanation from that wet wipe Crawford Allan at the same time as telling them to ram their red card up their hole. 

3 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

There is a still on Twitter that apparently Greg Aitken used.

Duks arm is offside.

His head, chest, legs & feet are onside.

I know we won, but we should be asking for an explanation from that wet wipe Crawford Allan at the same time as telling them to ram their red card up their hole. 

It’s just the limitations of VAR. 

The linesman gave it and then there’s not enough evidence to overturn it because there’s no suitable angle. 

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

It’s just the limitations of VAR. 

The linesman gave it and then there’s not enough evidence to overturn it because there’s no suitable angle. 

I think that's probably it tbh. If the linesman never flagged it would've had a much better chance of standing. 

Really shouldn't be so limited if we are insisting on using it.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

If Aberdeen appeal, thats just a waste of time - the panel is not overturning that one.

The problem for shinnie is that after he won the ball (well), his boot turned toward the RC players shin and caught him in what the ref deemed dangerous.

Did he mean it?

Only he knows, but it didnt look like a natural follow through, and it’s not like he doesnt have form.

Last night was the first challenge deemed to be a red card in Shinnie’s 500+ game career. 

3 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

Last night was the first challenge deemed to be a red card in Shinnie’s 500+ game career. 

I wasnt commenting on his card record, I meant he had form for poor challenges over the course of his career.

9 hours ago, AJF said:

Got sympathy for Shinnie there. The slowed down replays do make it seem worse than it probably was. That being said, I don’t think it’ll get overturned as it probably does border serious foul play given how high he catches him. 

Jeepers Sheepers

Watched this on TV, thought during the game Shinnie was getting a bit physical, no surprise when a card came.

A  clear red card, Shinnie quite deliberate from him, he knew exactly what he was doing.

Why do they still sing that song, one man went to mow a meadow.

My dad told me that was 70/80's stuff.

1 hour ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Apart from the picture that is on line? 

I have no certainty on this one.

Difficult call, have to trust VAR?

Jury still out on it, next week this will be given.

Funniest part was the people running on to the grass to celebrate a no goal.

If that Clown could only see his face on TV, when he realised it was offside.

Then again, was he packing his lunch for the bus trip home?

27 minutes ago, LadyGovan1872 said:

Jeepers Sheepers

Watched this on TV, thought during the game Shinnie was getting a bit physical, no surprise when a card came.

A  clear red card, Shinnie quite deliberate from him, he knew exactly what he was doing.

22 minutes ago, LadyGovan1872 said:

Deadco.

29 minutes ago, LadyGovan1872 said:

Almost as funny as seeing your club sold for a quid, walking away & letting it die.

35 minutes ago, LadyGovan1872 said:

Jeepers Sheepers

I know.

Imagine.

The Billy Boys originated in the 1920’s.

We’re amateurs compared to the bigoted filth from Govan. 

12 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

So you think the VAR even looked at it. Not a fucking chance. Which is everything that's wrong with it. Get it to f**k. 

Not sure how VAR couldn’t have looked at it?  It was part of the players coming together.  

Rightly or wrongly they thought Shinnie was the offender, but there’s literally no way they wouldn’t have seen what Baldwin’s movement was.  

12 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

there is no mitigation for winning the ball. Winning the ball was mentioned in the laws at one point but got removed sometime in the last decade or so.

The part about winning the ball is that I remembered when the rules (interpretation of the laws of the game) were being tightened on what constitutes endangering an opponent tackles where studs make contact above the boot and forceful tackles where the opponent has no hope of winning the ball were brought in at the same time. I want to say this was done just before Qatar but it might have been a bit earlier.

Certainly on interpretation of the laws ‘winning the ball’ has not been a factor for over a decade.  

The fact some ex pros and people of the internet still talk about it doesn’t make it so.  

I think partly because it gave some players the chance to ‘leave a bit on’ an opponent and that ‘bit’ was often a lot.  

12 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Looked very tight. I thought he was maybe just off but that's a few times at County the lines have looked incredibly dodgy and difficult to tell.

At full speed he looked off, but the lines that VAR were looking at showed quite clearly he was on. 

3 hours ago, gavin_3110 said:

There will be tackles like that Shinnie one up and down the country today and in real time without the benefit of slow motion replays, none will be given as red cards. 

I'm sick of this obsession of looking for freeze frames of players being caught on the shin. A total misuse of VAR and a misunderstanding of the rules, you can catch someone on the shin without recklessly endangering their safety. 

It wasn’t the freeze frame that got him, it was the view from the side.  

At the time I didn’t think it was even a foul when seen from the main camera.

When Sky showed that angle from the side it had to be a red.  So wasn’t surprised when the ref was called over and after 1 look gave a red.  

3 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Baldwin completed a third of his passes overall last night :lol:

"Passes" is a loose term though, when he and Watson launched it so often. Aberdeen's defence dealt with the directness very well, so mixing it up with some switching of the play might have created some actual chances.

Aberdeen’s only shot on target came three touches after just about the only time County tried to play the ball out of defence.  

14 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

At full speed he looked off, but the lines that VAR were looking at showed quite clearly he was on. 

Exactly.

Arseholes, apologists & general weasels Crawford Allan & that numpty Ian Maxwell should be explaining why, when the video evidence is fairly clear, the officials are STILL getting decisions wrong.

It’s either unacceptable incompetence…. Or something else.

I don’t trust our officials one iota. 

I would far rather we had referees from outwith Scotland running the VAR. 

14 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Played 12 years in a Paisley Sunday 11s league where there were on average 5 court cases a season. 

Was out for a year after my fib and tib were snapped in two from a refckles tackle and the bottom half of my leg was swinging about as I fell to the ground. 

Out for a year and have to wear an insert in my left shoe because I lost 2cm length in that leg. 

Does that count as having played football?

It certainly counts as being injured

13 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Fair play to Aberdeen.

At this stage of the season performance count for hee haw, and they've racked up the points and can only be congratulated.

A good January window and a wise managerial change has done the job. Can't argue with it. I think they're inching towards home and dry.

Nobody else has put together a run of away wins like this, and I think that'll make the difference for them. Hats off.

Someone's account has been sacked.

13 hours ago, lubo_blaha said:

Livi: comfortable 

United: comfortable in the end

Hearts: lying down on the couch with your feet up

St Johnstone: a bit scary at the end

Killie: comfortable

Ross County: never threatened Roos

If Duk or Miovski stay then it’s great. It either leave then we have a few million in our pocket with a recruitment team who can clearly identify a good striker.

Amazing that some fans are desperate to dig out the negatives given the circumstances.

Dons fans...