Ross County vs Aberdeen

15 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

It wasn’t a high level of football I confess.  

A lot higher than any level I ever played at.

Although I once played with Bertie Peacock. Well, I was on the same pitch.

44 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Total hoofball pish last night. Lumping the ball forward to try and get some sort of knockdown to fashion a chance.

How many times is Malky going to say “if we play like that we will be alright”?

I see he’s also back to saying it was probably an “anomaly” having not scored.

There’s a reason why we are sitting 11th behind some other poor teams.

Edited by Staggie_93

Just on the red card (again 😀!) this is from August 2020.

Saints were a goal up, Shaughnessy clears the ball but catches Stewart on the follow through. About 4 minutes in.

Ref didn’t even give a foul - however the 4th official (a certain W Collum) without the aid of VAR told the ref it was a red card.

I was pretty pissed off as we ended up drawing the game and losing Shaughnessy for 3 matches. 

At the time the reasoning was reckless endangerment.

Shinnie catches Baldwin much worse last night.

Neither were intentionally trying to hurt an opponent, but under the rules they’re both reds.

15 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Just on the red card (again 😀!) this is from August 2020.

Saints were a goal up, Shaughnessy clears the ball but catches Stewart on the follow through. About 4 minutes in.

Ref didn’t even give a foul - however the 4th official (a certain W Collum) without the aid of VAR told the ref it was a red card.

I was pretty pissed off as we ended up drawing the game and losing Shaughnessy for 3 matches. 

At the time the reasoning was reckless endangerment.

Shinnie catches Baldwin much worse last night.

Neither were intentionally trying to hurt an opponent, but under the rules they’re both reds.

See by that logic though, every single clash of heads should be a double red card...

Caught most of this last night. I thought Aberdeen's second goal was probably onside but the Shinnie tackle was probably a red card. 

The goal was a frustrating one to lose and Laidlaw should have done a lot better. It looked like he just collapsed but maybe he just slipped. However, it was probably a fair result - I can't remember the Aberdeen keeper having much to do other than organising at countless corner kicks.

The football was rubbish. Hoofing the ball for White to flick it on to Murray (it obviously worked against St Johnstone) was like watching a reenactment of a medieval siege. For a manager who spent time in the #Barclays and was some sort of SFA Performance Director, the football isn't particularly innovative or exciting when you don't have the directness of Charles-Cook / Hungbo or the creativity of Dhanda. But maybe I'm being unfair as, other than highlights, this was the first 90 minutes I've seen since... whenever the last televised game was last season.

One positive is that Dylan Smith looks like he could be a very good player. He's the second best centre-half at the club based on current form. 

I suspect County will be fine. Either scraping 10th or having too much up front for whichever Championship team gets to the play-off final. But unless something changes over the summer, it's just going to be the same stuff next season.

21 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I was always against a back three, but we really needed the three guys in the middle of defence last night with the way Ross County were playing and the amount of possession we were allowing County to have.

Arguably we wouldn't have needed the three in the middle as much if we'd had full backs on stopping crosses coming in in the first place. I guess not really having decent full backs in the squad buggers that plan though. 

2 hours ago, coprolite said:

Arguably we wouldn't have needed the three in the middle as much if we'd had full backs on stopping crosses coming in in the first place. I guess not really having decent full backs in the squad buggers that plan though. 

The most balls that came into our box on Friday were from throw ins. Not a lot full backs can do about that. 

Apparently if you've won a game, it's not 'sour grapes' to complain about being hard done to by the officials.

Therefore I would just like to point out that the SFA are a corrupt institution, Glasgow-focused, and far too quick to give scandalous decisions against Aberdeen Football Club time and again.

Now that we've hit a decent run of form where there could be tangible reward, no doubt this kind of nonsense will just be cranked up.

Who do we play next, conveniently without the services of our captain?   Get your money on another red card for us, at least one opposition penalty, and 23 minutes of stoppage time if the away team require it.

38 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Apparently if you've won a game, it's not 'sour grapes' to complain about being hard done to by the officials.

Therefore I would just like to point out that the SFA are a corrupt institution, Glasgow-focused, and far too quick to give scandalous decisions against Aberdeen Football Club time and again.

Now that we've hit a decent run of form where there could be tangible reward, no doubt this kind of nonsense will just be cranked up.

Who do we play next, conveniently without the services of our captain?   Get your money on another red card for us, at least one opposition penalty, and 23 minutes of stoppage time if the away team require it.

BBC Website this morning.

VARdict

Stuart Dougal quote.

A red card all day long.

5 minutes ago, LadyGovan1872 said:

BBC Website this morning.

VARdict

Stuart Dougal quote.

A red card all day long.

The Stuart Dougal?

That’s authoritative right there.

I didn’t know what a Stuart Dougal was so I looked it up. 

This is Stuart Dougal’s idea of a red card, so he can go f**k himself

D1D9AB73-3FDE-4A90-ACA6-DAA2A17C8624.gif.ba8fa6d998a64257e4413415d1912534.gif

2 hours ago, tarapoa said:

Dunno mate, all sounds a bit Celtic tin foil hat. I have no doubt the powers at be have the best interests of all clubs at heart....