Ross County vs Aberdeen

On 15/04/2023 at 14:07, Jacky1990 said:

See by that logic though, every single clash of heads should be a double red card...

That’s nonsense. 

Most clashes of heads aren’t reckless.

Anyway, appeals process found him guilty and added an extra game to the ban.  

Presumably because they thought the appeal was spurious.  

I still don’t get the veracity with which people earlier in the thread were saying “this wasn’t even a foul”. 

7 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

That’s nonsense. 

Most clashes of heads aren’t reckless.

Anyway, appeals process found him guilty and added an extra game to the ban.  

Presumably because they thought the appeal was spurious.  

I still don’t get the veracity with which people earlier in the thread were saying “this wasn’t even a foul”. 

It was because it wasn't a foul

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

We all realise that you're having a field day because another club has "made a statement". Fill yer boots. 

It just feels nice to be on the opposite side for once.

A general point, but another reason for the four game ban is players apparently get an extra game if it's a second red card of the season.

Given his red at Perth a fortnight before was just two bookings, then this is another strange rule.

In fact, I don't really know why two yellows carries an automatic ban for the next game - it's really just the same offence as being booked in the 87th minute one week, then the 7th minute the following week.  These things should just tot up and the suspension kicks after five or six bookings, whatever it is.

Edited by tarapoa

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

A general point, but another reason for the four game ban is players apparently get an extra game if it's a second red card of the season.

Given his red at Perth a fortnight before was just two bookings, then this is another strange rule.

In fact, I don't really know why two yellows carries an automatic ban for the next game - it's really just the same offence as being booked in the 87th minute one week, then the 7th minute the following week.  These things should just tot up and the suspension kicks after five or six bookings, whatever it is.

Too sensible!